• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passed by - again!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passed by - again!!

Once again the forecast was for some form of precipitation and once again here in west central Alberta, we got missed. We went to Caroline, which is about 20 minutes west of us and apparently they got dumped on -- even had hail Friday night.

Where I live, if we ran around quick, we might have been able to get some in a thimble. We are still so dry and yet in the eastern part of the province, they are even drier than we are, so I guess we have to count what blessings we do have.

We are starting to get a little green and the trees are budding out, although some of them are a little slow in coming. The carigana is really slow, but that doesn't hurt my feelings too much. :-)

We need a good long soak for a rain, although it doesn't look like we will get it. I hope that some of you did manage to get some moisture out of this system. Apparently down south of Calgary, they got dumped on as well - which is good to see for them because they are usually dry.

Longing once again for those "wet years." It really is true that you don't know what you've got till it's gone and the drought just brings it home full stop.

My fear is that when we have pockets full of money from oil what will it do for us when there isn't the wildlife we used to see, the birds aren't singing and the water has to be doled out.

Sorry, just waxing a little philosophical tonight as I sit and contemplate what we are doing and wonder when we will wake up and truly understand the impact and the footprint we are leaving.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...
X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
You agree to our and by clicking I agree.