• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feed Wheat Falling Number

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feed Wheat Falling Number

Some of you “farm representative groups” need to be asking why a falling number matters on feed wheat ?
    Or if in fact it is being sold as milling ?
    Todays price on feed wheat has a min falling number, WTF ?

Assuming it's price in line with a #3 or better?

Comment

Sprouting should reduce dry matter and there would likely be less energy per ton but likely insignificant. I don't know but guess grain should be more palatable upping intake so likely would be a wash. Sounds like a marketing scam.

Comment

Any wheat that sees the terminals here goes on a train. Tells you all you need to know. What matters is the price you get.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          Some of you “farm representative groups” need to be asking why a falling number matters on feed wheat ?
          Or if in fact it is being sold as milling ?
          Todays price on feed wheat has a min falling number, WTF ?
          Someone told me you were on a “Farm Representative Group”. If it is correct, which one? And what is your group doing for the farmers. (Just an honest question, not being sarcastic)

Comment

Wouldn't sprouted in cereals grains, have lower protein? Just a thought.

Comment

Grading feed from bran damage??
              The more damage the more cost to mill.
              Our grading system rather irrelevant now anyway. I've seen wheat with the right # get paid regardless of visual grade. Depending on downstream needs etc.
              Watch your grade spreads and shop it around. Huge px discounts here this year.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                Good question, A malt house should know or maybe CIGI.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                  Sprouting should reduce dry matter and there would likely be less energy per ton but likely insignificant. I don't know but guess grain should be more palatable upping intake so likely would be a wash. Sounds like a marketing scam.
                  GASP!!!!!

Comment

There is NO LIMIT for sprouted or sev sprouted in feed wheat so not sure how they come up with FN factor. What is the min/max FN they will accept in Feed?

Comment

CaseIH, who is doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	14726354-young-man-with-a-look-of-surprise.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	769176

Are you surprised

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
                          Someone told me you were on a “Farm Representative Group”. If it is correct, which one? And what is your group doing for the farmers. (Just an honest question, not being sarcastic)
                          no , never have been , was an rm councillor two terms , enough for me
                          don't like meetings , or swallowing horseshit, or being told what i think, or what i should say
                          has got me ahead over the years, and also in lots of shit at times, lol
                          Last edited by Guest; Dec 4, 2019, 14:04.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                            our lowest falling number (205) has 17.1 protein , .07 % SS, fwiw

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                              most of them around here

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...