• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Effing joke........

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effing joke........

Since Friday avo we’ve had 10mm of rain 5 Friday 1 sat and 4 Sunday

Farmers up in arms when are we gonna get harvesting, kinda think of you guys and the perils of prairie farming and soft coks in oz worrying about a three day hold up

Yeah that's a bitch. I'll be held up about 4 months until I can get the last of my wheat. Laying under a blanket of snow 'til then.

Comment

When it's that hot you shouldn't be held up long?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        When it's that hot you shouldn't be held up long?
        Yep 38 c by Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          Yep 38 c by Saturday
          Doesnt it sprout ?

Comment

here if we have 4 kernels sprouted in a thousand its feed about a $1.50 discount , then they do a falling number to see if it can be discounted some more

Comment

A week or two ago it was in the 40s.
              Is it all dead ripe now? Burnt with green in it? Must be damp air now for a few mills to shut down.
              What moisture you bin at?
              What's a safe dry for that temp?
              We would want to air that some here.
              Convection spoilage on cool down and bugs. How much air storage if any?
              I've combined in Kansas at high temps but it went to the terminal. Most of yours goes there too, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                A week or two ago it was in the 40s.
                Is it all dead ripe now? Burnt with green in it? Must be damp air now for a few mills to shut down.
                What moisture you bin at?
                What's a safe dry for that temp?
                We would want to air that some here.
                Convection spoilage on cool down and bugs. How much air storage if any?
                I've combined in Kansas at high temps but it went to the terminal. Most of yours goes there too, I guess.
                Yep yep yep

13.5% and under but usually 10 to 12 is moisture
                Bugs a issues yes
                And yes 75% of grain is sold at harvest and over to end users mills o elevators or container exporters

Comment

Sounds like ideal harvest conditions to me.

Just let your neighbors know that I had precipitation every single day in September, all but three in October( non consecutive), and last I checked, all but 4 days in November, and we still managed to get some harvesting done. And too often that precipitation was white, which takes much longer to get rid of.

Comment

Showers again overnight day 4 or 5 for some no harvest guys will be freaking out lol

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                      Showers again overnight day 4 or 5 for some no harvest guys will be freaking out lol
                      Is sprouting not an issue there in wheat?
                      If it is , what are the discounts?

Comment

So n Australia, is there a brick wall that is the equivalent to us here. Ie, we have a window. Winter then shuts that window until May. Is there even a reason to be in a rush?

Comment

Spouting rarely happens I’ve been at this gig since 81 think I’ve had shot wheat 3 times.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...