• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“N” word ten years ago!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“N” word ten years ago!

Requires the flames coach to step down, black face and he gets re-elected!
    I have lost nearly all confidence in society.
    Remember blazing saddles?

Liberals are held to a different standard, different rules apply to them, everyone knows that. ??

Comment

Personally, I am relieved that the blackface scandal was NOT the straw that broke the camels back. If voters were able to overlook the gross incompetence, the complete lack of ethics, absolute disrespect for the law, the sexism, the corruption, the favoritism, the hypocrisy, the international embarrassment, the economic suicide mission, and the disgusting level of arrogance in the PM, yet couldn't forgive him for poor judgement in costume choice, I would have been much more disappointed in the voters. There is still an iota of hope, however minute it may be.

Comment

There's a world of hurt coming for anyone who has ever had a past. Thank God there was no internet or smart phones when I was in my 20's. I still shudder at some of the shit we did but at least there's no hard record of most of it.

The pendulum swings.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
          There's a world of hurt coming for anyone who has ever had a past. Thank God there was no internet or smart phones when I was in my 20's. I still shudder at some of the shit we did but at least there's no hard record of most of it.

The pendulum swings.
          You bet, dozens of NON correct terms were used!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Personally, I am relieved that the blackface scandal was NOT the straw that broke the camels back. If voters were able to overlook the gross incompetence, the complete lack of ethics, absolute disrespect for the law, the sexism, the corruption, the favoritism, the hypocrisy, the international embarrassment, the economic suicide mission, and the disgusting level of arrogance in the PM, yet couldn't forgive him for poor judgement in costume choice, I would have been much more disappointed in the voters. There is still an iota of hope, however minute it may be.
            Best response in Agriville to date.

Comment

For centuries different ethnic groups ALL had nicknames, some derogeratory, some based in racism, some that were once acceptable non-derogeratory or racial but are no longer acceptable....

.....get over it.
              Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 30, 2019, 19:33.

Comment

Okay apparently he still has 2 years left on his contract. He maybe not the greatest guy but..... did he do anything wrong while working for them! No one is allowed to change?? Even if he didn't change so long as he did nothing wrong while in their employ I can see a law suit for wrongful dismissal.

Comment

I am afraid some day they will be coming for me,as I had a team of percherons and guess what ones name was,had a black dog named n----, I still cuss them black f--g cows but I guess I can change and call them aberden angus,but its a lot easer to call them black SOBs.
                  And they wont need an archive for motion pictures in Hollywood because they will have to burn all the movies made before 2005. Its what we were raised with,may have been unkind but it was comon. Strange how you can swear all kinds of obsenites but dont mention race or religion.

Comment

It wasn't just the use of racist slurs it was also the physical altercations with players in Carolina.

It was a pattern of stupid and abusive behavior. Do you really want coaches like that in any sport? They sure don't bring out the best in any player or team.

Hockey culture is changing. There have been too many abusers and knuckleheads like Graham James who exploited and abused young guys who are too afraid to speak up.

Comment

You ever been to a Hockey game Chuck?

Comment

Holy **** Chuckchuck, are you that ignorant or obtuse to compare this incident to what Graham James did?

Comment

Not comparing the two, just pointing out that many young players won't and can't stand up to abusive coaches because it can be career ending!

Listen to what Sheldon Kennedy says about this issue.

Watched my son play house league for several years and watch a few small town minor league games a year.

The rink is a great place to hang out and visit. Minor hockey in my experience seemed very well run with mostly great volunteer coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            You ever been to a Hockey game Chuck?
                            Both this situation and Don Cherrys last week were both way overblown and people need to chill out a bit.

I'm not a big hockey fan myself and part of the reason is this: Hockey is all about pushing boundaries until you've gone one step too far, and then backing off a bit. The players, coaches and guys like Cherry have all made careers of doing exactly that. You see it at every game that's the whole concept of a penalty, let see what you can do and hope you dont get caught. Wish it were more about skill.

And as a fair skinned white prairie boy, I've been called a "cracker" by a big black fellow I never even had any interaction with prior to that. The world just needs to not be so sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                              Both this situation and Don Cherrys last week were both way overblown and people need to chill out a bit.

I'm not a big hockey fan myself and part of the reason is this: Hockey is all about pushing boundaries until you've gone one step too far, and then backing off a bit. The players, coaches and guys like Cherry have all made careers of doing exactly that. You see it at every game that's the whole concept of a penalty, let see what you can do and hope you dont get caught. Wish it were more about skill.

And as a fair skinned white prairie boy, I've been called a "cracker" by a big black fellow I never even had any interaction with prior to that. The world just needs to not be so sensitive.
                              No kidding so overblown the leftys got this world so wound up as much as i dislike trudeu who cares wht happen 25 years ago man u cant even say u like trump or they call u racist . im far from racist i just dont like getting pushed around by left way of thinking

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...