• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Similar Indigenous issues

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Similar Indigenous issues

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-29/$290-billion-wa-native-title-claim-launched/11749206?section=politics https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-29/$290-billion-wa-native-title-claim-launched/11749206?section=politics

Is this gonna help or divide indigenous and white Australians.

Read the fine print, only covers 'spiritual damage'. Next lawsuit will be something else.

Comment

Couple of points.

One my local school growing up we had aboriginal kids as they were known then we got on fine skin colour never a issue.

Two up until about 2 months ago we had a couple renting one of my farm houses she was white he was black as ace of spades full blood used to help me out on fam odd jobs good guy until he got drunk one night and bashed her cops got called he’s Moved out but was a good guy deep down.

Coached local football team which had about 9 out of the 20 players indigenous under 13s team these kids got tested horribly by there parents or even abused cigarette buns on there as etc but spot was there escape befriended them over 2 years and kinda see the now and then in town about 45 kms away sadly they’ve all in of the rails all 18 to 20 now.

These kids wanted the old ways but parents didn’t give a stuff but once they got older just followed parents lifestyle. It’s just so hard one guy Leon was real character and captain of football team as coach I got to know him well , he wanted to be a lawyer and represent his people , great I thought, 6 years down the track car thief be in juvenile detention centre, say to myself well I tried to steer em in right direction

Long winded but my point really don’t think 290 billion is gonna change things.

Often wonder how many times we have to say sorry and compensate like it can’t be every generation.
      Last edited by malleefarmer; Nov 30, 2019, 02:51. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        Often wonder how many times we have to say sorry and compensate like it can’t be every generation.
        Forever. There is always a sucker born every minute who will fall for the sob story. No one demands accountability anymore and no one accepts responsibility.

Comment

Ignorant as it sounds we are actually empowering them.
          Here, now, we have to listen to a 2 minute recognition speech recognizing who's land were on, before every public function.
          Probably go on as long as there's money involved.

Comment

This topic frustrates the fūck out of me. I flip flop between sympathy and anger on issues involving them......not even just separate issues but alot of times flip flop on the same issue.

Empowering them is not a terrible thing, it will be a way out of the abyss.
            But a time will have to come when.....

Some immigrants come here with very little for the opportunity to make a life for themselves. Are our Natives at a true disadvantage to these immigrants? In some cases, how long do people expect "opportunity" to knock if no one answers?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...