• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carbon tax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carbon tax

Just got my invoice for my natural gas for the grain dryer. 15.4% plus GST. How does that compare to propane? Absolutely ridiculous!

Originally posted by lesmt View Post
    Just got my invoice for my natural gas for the grain dryer. 15.4% plus GST. How does that compare to propane? Absolutely ridiculous!
    Ralphie Goodale said there would be no carbon tax on farmers....but his word means nothing now....not that it ever did....

But it highlights how ignorant the liberals are and how useless farm groups are....this is an issue that should have been taken care before the rollout of the carbon tax in the first place....

Remember when they couldn't get the card lock thing fixed...without an uproar...

Its all crisis management ...reactive not proactive...

Someone put the clip up of Trudeau saying farmers would be exempt..

its just not true....

Little wonder why graincos are pushing drying costs to the primary producer...

Comment

One other thing ...were large emitters not exempt?

And does it pay to dry?

Comment

Fuel charge is averaging 6.75% for propane so far.
        Also a 16 dollar hazardous material fee per delivery

Drying turns an otherwise unsaleable product into something that can be used to pay the bills.
        Drying preserves quality. So, it costs but it pays. It's also a lot of extra work. A lot....

Comment

Bin dried a whack in 2016 and 2018... likely the single largest reason I'm still in operation.

Managed to push sales away from the harvest lows as I was able to keep the product in storage long enough to find a respectable price.

It cost ALOT in diesel fuel, time, and fubarred sleep patterns, but at least I wasn't forced to sell with obscene charges on tough grain right after harvest.

Comment

Goodale promised the carbon tax wouldn’t cost farmers a cent.......another lie from that coward.

Comment

But more importantly, Chuck has stated that the purpose of the CO2 tax ( not carbon, I have no idea why politicians and Chuck, persist in ignoring the 2 Oxygen atoms in a CO2 molecule, when they make up nearly 3/4 of the mass) was to change behaviours and force everyone into alternatives, or into reducing energy consumption. So how many farmers can confidently claim that due to the added expense of the CO2 tax, they therefore used less natural gas, propane, or electricity drying this years crop? Was it an effective deterrent, or just an added cost to an inevitable operation? Did it serve its intended purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                But more importantly, Chuck has stated that the purpose of the CO2 tax ( not carbon, I have no idea why politicians and Chuck, persist in ignoring the 2 Oxygen atoms in a CO2 molecule, when they make up nearly 3/4 of the mass) was to change behaviours and force everyone into alternatives, or into reducing energy consumption. So how many farmers can confidently claim that due to the added expense of the CO2 tax, they therefore used less natural gas, propane, or electricity drying this years crop? Was it an effective deterrent, or just an added cost to an inevitable operation? Did it serve its intended purpose?
                I can confidently claim that I did not use any less propane or electricity drying this years crop because of the CO2 tax. It was simply an added cost. As to whether it served its intended purpose ? Well that depends on the purpose. If it was to deter use of propane or to raise funds ?

Comment

https:////youtu.be/ORyzsMZPPUg?list=...Xa70Cf3LWNrqtg

Comment

Originally posted by redleaf View Post
                    I can confidently claim that I did not use any less propane or electricity drying this years crop because of the CO2 tax. It was simply an added cost. As to whether it served its intended purpose ? Well that depends on the purpose. If it was to deter use of propane or to raise funds ?
                    Subsidy paid by the “makers” to give to the “takers”?

Comment

https:////youtu.be/0J7LAhSTgxU?list=...Xa70Cf3LWNrqtg

Comment

As far as I can tell, the only other two alternatives are binning the grain wet and allowing it to spoil, or leaving it in the field and losing a possibly large proportion of both quantity and quality. So if there are no lower CO2 emitting options, what is the possible purpose of a CO2 tax on grain drying?

Comment

Originally posted by redleaf View Post

Did you try drying with solar panels? How about turning some windmills on your crop?

Maybe your damp crop can take public transit to market.

Next time someone needs a source of fuel to dry crop, should just burn grain. No carbon tax, carbon neutral and its practically free.

Wonder what the eco nuts would think if they found people heating with grain stoves.

Comment

EVERYBODY all around here used 2-10 times average gas for drying. The big acreages are still drying 14% canola. Neighbor going day and night will not be done before Christmas.

Oh ya so many other GREEN energy choices, total f*cking ASSHOLE Climate Cult brain dead BASTARDS!

Our N gas bill, $1503, plus $276 LIEBERAL (totally useless) C02 TAX, plus GST on all of it, TAX on TAX, must be a treasonous law against that!

Equals 18.3% of gas charges! How the F*CK is that 4.5%?

we a STO did 40,000 Bu. wheat= $0.045/ Bu. Gas cost with C02 Tax. Almost 3/4 of a cent for the BS Tax.

Times all the bushels dried in 2019, about 75% of crop= MILLIONS$

Larry do a total estimate.

Comment

My question is, will anyone use less fuel to put a crop in in the years to come vs the past 3 to 4 years?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...