• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sustainable...the new agvocate/ag more than ever

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sustainable...the new agvocate/ag more than ever

I notice a few articles in the news about about sustainable agriculture and its promotion....Is this just the new agvocate and ag more than ever promotional ideas that never resulted in better awareness or returns to the farm...

When these people can get press or get a following why don't they just say there is a problem in the support of primary production in this country...

Why sugar coat things and while the speakers and promoters have found a new source of revenue for themselves ...if they are speaking or getting funding from a farm group or using the farm group as a platform to be heard then the results should be reflective on the industry as a whole....

And what is sustainable....is leaving 10, 15, or 25 percent of your crop out sustainable...

Is having every emission on your farm counted and sent a bill for ...sustainable?..

Is not being paid for sequestering the emissions ....sustainable?

The only thing that sustainable means to me is being able to operate in a profitable way and not be thrown to the wolves when things completely out of my control affect like....

1. the weather this year.
    2. The arresting of a chinese computer executive
    3. A rail strike that will take weeks and then winter to slow it back down to a snails pace..
    4. Politicians elected by rural ridings that only want to talk about pipelines that take years to build if approved
    5. The indigenous peoples that squander every opportunity to get ahead ( there are exceptions) and have a hand in slowing the country's and their progress as well...I don't think the CN union wanted to hold the country hostage like they did but they will go back to work....see the difference....there is an analogy there if you think long and hard...

Sustainable .....a new buzz word....

My life's dream is to sit on a committee and invent chemical names and stupid populisms to catch the one guy that buys into it so the sheeple will follow.....

the dumbphuckled farmer.....tm
    Last edited by bucket; Nov 29, 2019, 08:47.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...