• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	433CB7C8-08F0-4C7A-A164-F47BB18AD9C7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	779246

Well, a small bit of harvest happened on Friday and Saturday till a really nice rain on Sunday took all the snow and then at around 6 like clockwork it turned to wet ****ing snow.

The Fat lady has left the stage the 2019 crop won't be finished till spring 2020.

One guy got his last 40 acres off. Another got 80 of flax off and some north got 240 acres of canola. But unfortunately we needed one more day to get the snow off the swaths and that did come with the rain but then the snow killed the hopes and dreams and harvest of 2019.

This is the first time ever I have not been able to get most of the crop off. We have had a quarter here or their but not like this year with a 1/3 left. 21 days and not one was decent to harvest is all we had to work with. Oh were full up with moisture for 2020 but who gives a shit.

Farm groups in Ontario and Quebec and Alberta are calling on the Feds to do some kind of help but good old Saskatchewan Manitoba are like deer in the headlights. Honestly we elect total ****ing morons to our boards.

Like I posted a month back the idiot in Tisdale that was bragging he is done and well were used to harvesting under harsh conditions. I have a way better bigger system of drying than your old shit pile and if you had only 7 days to harvest your piss ant crop you would have over half out. Wake the **** up farmers with this if it didn't happen to me it's just a small group it's sad but to bad its not me. I have been talking to a lot in Gov and i can tell you there is more than 7% left to harvest they are lying big time. Fly over we have a lot of crop out.

I am getting too old for this shit but why can't we actually have farmers who understand agriculture and don't need the cash from the per diem to survive running and to advise gov. We have total shit for brains at all levels. Ag will be dead and soon if shit doesn't get straightened out. Europe let this happen and now google the ag protests they are fighting. It's too late don't let that happen here. Enough of being nice, how well has that ****ing worked for us. The comment the new AG minister was their and listened to us. What a crock of shit. She doesn't care a bit about Ag all she cares about is her Paycheck.

Ok, it was our largest ever produced since the flood years and we were back in full force. Quality wasnt that bad not a 1 but still workable. But the piss off it's still partially in the field over winter.

Again Canada is failing with over 100 billion in Ag debt. Let that sink in and tell me you're doing so well. Borrowed money well. Sask, Man and Alberta have half the debt.

If it truly was Ag more than ever we would be getting help for our carbon sequestration. We would be part of the team to new green. Instead were taxed to death and borrowed to the hilt. What a recipe in disaster.

I have another question " Where the hell is our PM"?

Really did he go A wall. Or is he dead or what.

Also what the hell is the minister of the middle class really do. Do we just make up things now?

Honestly, the way I feel right now maybe my friend in Swift had the better plan sell out for stupid dollars and sit back and relax as there is no future in farming in Canada now. I followed some of that with liquidating some far far away property and assets but maybe I should have said the whole bunch could go with Redlands deal a few years back.

AG in Canada is at a cross haires and I personally can't see a positive in it for survival unless farmers start to wake up and fight back. If we lose the younger generation I can't wait another 20 years to leave.

Be safe and remember the ones at home are way more important than any farm.

Amen brother.....but you can report every week anyway....it starts a conversation .....some topics here are way over my thinking ability. ...
    I too have never left a crop out over winter...it's very depressing...crop insurance did an inspection yesterday....he said the flax bolls have ice around them ....yup it rained on Sunday. ...soybeans had ice as big as my thumb hanging on the pods...

Do you think I could combine them?

Comment

We tried one day when it was -20 and the ice comes in with the grain the snow goes out the back. It's spring of 2020.

**** I hate farming.

Good golf game the other day. But I am the youngest against 7 others.

Name:	8088EDD3-F2C5-4800-81A3-CA3088070153.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	769152

Happy Thanks Giving to all my American Family and Friends.

Comment

Honestly with the cost increase we are facing, seed, carbon, inputs, continuous cropping makes less economic sense anymore. You are running over a lot of land for break even with a risk of a loss.

And we just had the hugest weather bomb ever in NA for the past 3 months, US included, and virtually no movement on prices.

Something has to give.

Comment

Name:	7B15C821-1A33-41BC-AD2D-2CBC23C31C20.jpg
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	769153

Wheat yesterday sent by brother.

Name:	C1957FD6-2E7F-4EE5-BF84-A41CB9C85A49.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	769154

Flax standing

Comment

My blessings this harvest may have been fewer and smaller but I'm still counting them.

But I got done, which is no big feat for this Sandbox(play farming) farmer from the Slum of the Ghetto

Comment

Name:	B9566283-59D0-433A-8E21-C2D8E5DAD44A.jpg
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	769155

Canola swaths standing look like above flax picture.

Name:	A0A599EF-EB9B-4C14-B938-4849D94B48D2.jpg
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	769156

Standing wheat now.

This is the first harvest that honestly I can’t find one thing I’m thankful for honestly it was a fight from the peas right till sundays snow.

Rain rain cloudy fog sun go rain.

Nothing gets done when all cards are against you.

Mother Nature won.

Comment

The money for the bills and my profit is left out over winter....over production guarantees with the assessment done by crop insurance....

Now just to get it next spring.....

I accept things I can not change....serenity now.....

The dumbphuckled farmer....tm.

Comment

and yet ... there are dumb assholes out there that think they can ram a seed co welfare tax down our throat.
                  there such a disconnect with reality anymore

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    and yet ... there are dumb assholes out there that think they can ram a seed co welfare tax down our throat.
                    there such a disconnect with reality anymore

Yup....and yet people will question your statement...you are stopping progress....

Just another cookie that a mandatory tax won't fix....

As long as those responsible can admit their participation in phucking things up....and take their beating....

Example....Devin Dreeshen worked in Ritzs office while they gutted farm programs and he is now asking the liberal government fix them. ...if he would just admit he had a hand in creating the mess...

Comment

Everything that could have gone wrong this year pretty much did. That sums up our year here.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Example....Devin Dreeshen worked in Ritzs office while they gutted farm programs and he is now asking the liberal government fix them. ...if he would just admit he had a hand in creating the mess...
                        Government and corporate Industry groups only want "policiy advisors" that listen and advise them of what they want to hear. The "advisors" think they have input but are nothing more than puppets and dummies doing the bidding of their masters. Is it hard for Industry to convince these people to follow them around with their noses up their ass? I guess it's easier than listening to or trying to convince an adversarial opinionated strong willed person of their corporate agenda

Comment

Name:	50B7DC9B-D12B-42C4-B7CA-76E45E8CB43F.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	769157

Standing canola is I think done

Name:	EAC03754-CCB7-4E2A-99C1-F020285D44B6.jpg
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	769158

Comment

In all fairness do you realy think you could get concenus from a room full of farmers?? Like marketing,grading,price,rail, some would never be happy as they set in a forign country,living good and complaning like a little school girl.
                            Just mabey if you cant get her done mabey you have too much to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                              In all fairness do you realy think you could get concenus from a room full of farmers?? Like marketing,grading,price,rail, some would never be happy as they set in a forign country,living good and complaning like a little school girl.
                              Just mabey if you cant get her done mabey you have too much to do.
                              It's getting closer everyday to consensus that farmers are getting tired of being shit on....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...