• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horse little school girl and not getting it done because I have to much. You ****ing moron I am further along than most some small just started others 40% left and it’s from long lake to Manitoba. East central. So piss off you fool. Your the problem the elevator doesn’t go to the top floor

Comment

Western farms cannot organized very effectively and our vote too small and too diluted, but we can impact the pocket books and that would get some attention. Cant risk voting against Moe because we might get a Trudeau type in here who wants to phase it all out.

I would be looking rotation and input wise how to cut some of the parisites off. Dare I say going back to a 3rd chemfallow would get some one at Nutrien to notice pretty fast.

Comment

Every time weather ruined our parade, we were not on the radar, only a small area, others had extra to make up our losses. Hail/wind /floods/frost never hit enough acres to reduce volume. Doesn't help you feel better, but seems to be so.

Mean while in the GREAT USA... party on boys!

"Nearly one-third of projected U.S. net farm income this year will come from government aid and taxpayer-subsidized commodity insurance payments, according to a forecast issued Wednesday by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The USDA increased its net farm income forecast for 2019 by more than 10%, to $92.5 billion, driven largely by the Trump administration's trade aid payments to farmers and federal insurance indemnities from extreme weather events, USDA Economic Research Service senior economist Carrie Litkowski said in a conference call with reporters. Without those payments, U.S. net farm income this year would have dropped by nearly 8%, to $63.6 billion. Total direct payments to the nation's estimated 2 million farms are expected to surge to $22.4 billion this year, a 64% increase over 2018 and the highest rate paid out since 2005, Litkowski said. Farm income also was boosted by an estimated $6.5 billion paid out in federal commodity insurance indemnities, which does not include the premiums that farmers paid themselves, she said. That includes crop insurance payments Midwestern farmers received in the wake of record floods that devastated a wide swath of the Farm Belt this spring. Farmers have struggled to stay afloat as the trade war with top U.S. soybean buyer China drags on, and the U.S. Congress has not yet ratified the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA). The Trump administration has, so far, pledged as much as $28 billion in two separate trade aid rounds. The bulk of the aid is in the form of direct support payments to U.S. farmers to compensate for lower prices for farm goods and lost sales stemming from trade disputes with China and other nations. USDA's latest farm income forecast does take into account the second round of 2019 trade aid payments, Litkowski said, which U.S. farmers began receiving this month. (REUTERS)"
        Last edited by fjlip; Nov 28, 2019, 11:12.

Comment

Yes I agree with most but realistically it’s not a small area more is out than they are saying and why is that.

Wonder profits at elevators after this winter. Ah would have been nice with some open reporting to do fun with numbers but no we screwed up.

So yea I don’t know the answer but when you have peoplekind like horse yapping the way he did you soon see why industry wins and farmers don’t. It’s like herding a room full of cats.

Till this me myself and I is replaced with one voice for all farmers were ****ed.

Insanity doing the same thing over and hoping for a different outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            The money for the bills and my profit is left out over winter....over production guarantees with the assessment done by crop insurance....

Now just to get it next spring.....

I accept things I can not change....serenity now.....

The dumbphuckled farmer....tm.
            I feel the same way.

Comment

Ah it’s good to touch down and back home. Barley to be hauled so stuff is moving.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DB0D3F7C-9265-4733-B924-A3960CC5D631.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	769159

Comment

Dealerships are insane with the extra costs.

No sales so **** farmers on parts and shop work.

Rear bearings on one of the big tractors plus new pins and they think it’s same as I paid for 8 new Michelin’s on it.

Farming is ****ing insane.

Comment

Do not buy Michelin tires ...they are assholes to deal with when it comes to warranty....drag their feet....

Comment

Yea I didn’t yet but it’s a example.

4 bearings and two pins and a bill that high. We would be better to hire their mechanic and fix in our own shop at home all winter. 3700hr pulling tractor off warranty and harrow machine.

Maybe we need to Spend on some tools it’s not rocket science.

Every one else wins and we get ****ed.

Time to say **** it.

Comment

Yes all is good till a major breakdown, engine, tranny, axles, JD combine fan and the profit disappears.
                      Tandem cost us 10G's, mostly labor, wiring/ ECM issues. Tech says TOO old for NEW electronics. Now self diagnosing!

Comment

"Nearly one-third of projected U.S. net farm income this year will come from government aid and taxpayer-subsidized commodity insurance payments, according to a forecast issued Wednesday by the U.S. Department of Agriculture."

Posted on July 3, 2018 by Darrin Qualman
                        $100 billion and rising: Canadian farm debt

Canadian farm debt has risen past the $100 billion mark. According to recently released Statistics Canada data, farm debt in 2017 was $102.3 billion—nearly double the level in 2000. (All figures and comparisons adjusted for inflation.)

Some analysts and government officials characterize the period since 2007 as “better times” for farmers. But during that period (2007-2017, inclusive) total farm debt increased by $37 billion—rising by more than $3 billion per year.

Here’s how Canadian agriculture has functioned during the first 18 years of the twenty-first century (2000 to 2017, inclusive):

1. Overall, farmers earned, on average, $47 billion per year in gross revenues from the markets (these are gross receipts from selling crops, livestock, vegetables, honey, maple syrup, and other products).

2. After paying expenses, on average, farmers were left with $1.6 billion per year in realized net farm income from the markets (excluding farm-support program payments). If that amount was divided equally among Canada’s 193,492 farms, each would get about $8,300.

3. To help make ends meet, Canadian taxpayers transferred to farmers $3.1 billion per year via farm-support-program payments.

4. On top of this, farmers borrowed $2.7 billion per year in additional debt.

5. Farm family members worked at off-farm jobs to earn most of the household income needed to support their families (for data see here and here).

The numbers above give rise to several observations:

A. The amount of money that farmers pay each year in interest to banks and other lenders ($3 billion, on average) is approximately equal to the amount that Canadian citizens each year pay to farmers ($3.1 billion). Thus, one could say that, in effect, taxpayers are paying farmers’ interest bills. Governments are facilitating the transfer of tax dollars from Canadian families to farmers and on to banks and their shareholders.

B. Canadian farmers probably could not service their $100 billion dollar debt without government/taxpayer funding.

C. To take a different perspective: each year farmers take on additional debt ($2.7 billion, on average) approximately equal to the amount they are required to pay in interest to banks ($3 billion on average). One could say that for two decades banks have been loaning farmers the money needed to pay the interest on farmers’ tens-of-billions of dollars in farm debt.

Over and above the difficulty in paying the interest, is the difficulty in repaying the principle. Farm debt now—$102 billion—is equal to approximately 64 years of farmers’ realized net farm income from the markets. To repay the current debt, Canadian farm families would have to hand over to banks and other lenders every dime of net farm income from the markets from now until 2082.

The Canadian farm sector has many strengths. By many measures, the sector is extremely successful and productive. Over the past generation, farmers have managed to nearly double the value of their output and triple the value of agri-food exports. Output per year, per farmer, and per acre are all up dramatically. And Canadian farmers lead the world in adopting high-tech production systems. The problem is not that our farms are backward, inefficient, or unproductive. Rather, the problems detailed above are the result of voracious wealth extraction by the dominant agribusiness transnationals and banks. (To examine the extent of that wealth extraction, see my blog post here).

Although our farm sector has many strengths and is setting production records, the sector remains in a crisis that began in the mid-1980s. And what began as a farm income crisis has metastasized into a farm debt crisis. Further, the sector also faces a generational crisis (the number of farmers under the age of 35 has been cut by half since 2001) and a looming climate crisis. Policy makers must work with farmers to rapidly restructure and transform Canadian agriculture. A failure to do so will mean further costs to taxpayers, the destruction of the family farm, and irreparable damage to Canada’s food-production system.

Comment

Yea chuck I read the article also.

We have had the last 10 years more young people coming back to the farm than ever before. So that 2001 was correct then but today it is wrong.

Second debt has risen but I bought a combine for what 47000 in 1981 and today its 521 cash. The land was expensive in 1981 then crashed from 187000 high to 57000.

A house as an example for an RTM in 1981 was 80 to 120 grand. Now 300 up.

The price I got for wheat in 1981 was similar to today.

Canola was less than today's price.

Barley and oats were similar.

You are correct on one thing Farming is turning into a world-class shit show for the growers.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            Yup....and yet people will question your statement...you are stopping progress....

Just another cookie that a mandatory tax won't fix....

As long as those responsible can admit their participation in phucking things up....and take their beating....

Example....Devin Dreeshen worked in Ritzs office while they gutted farm programs and he is now asking the liberal government fix them. ...if he would just admit he had a hand in creating the mess...
                            Jesus, you gotta love this guy.

Comment

So considering Chuck's article is dated July 3, 2018 so is old news already, not including round 2 (or 4?) of Harvest from Hell 2019 for much of the prairies, some of the statements are rather surprising to me.

Not surprised farm debt has nearly doubled since 2000, with lots of big number land deals and I'm sure quota buyouts etc in other sectors are not cheap.

Average farm net income (exlcuding support program payments) is $8,300 per farmer??? Are there that many farms not viable? Or are there that many hobby farms in the country to bring down the average? Definition of a farm comes into play. Or maybe there's a lot of creative accounting.

3.1 billion per year via farm support program payments compared to 47 billion in gross revenue - another way to put it is, farm incomes were supplemented by an additional 6.3% in support. What!! where's my 6.3%? I get 1% thru agri-invest, and that's it. Are they including government-subsidized insurance?? Does Agristability pay that much out? Who's getting the balance of the support when grain farmers get 1%?

64 years to pay off debt??? Well we know that debt is perpetual but still, holy cow, I'm lucky to get 30 year loans from a lender, how is it that there is so much debt approved that net income would take 64 years to pay off, as an industry? Are there lenders that don't even bother looking at cashflow?

Comment

I can't even claim the SCIC crop insurance "premium subsidy"....because I am not enrolled.
                                Deisel excise(road tax?) Most of our deisel is burned in the field.
                                Gas excise tax.....no longer deducted...we pay it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.