• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China furious over Trump support of Hong Kong

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China furious over Trump support of Hong Kong

So China bans Canadian canola when Canada disrespects them with arrest of Huawei exec. What will be the impact of Trump signing a letter of support of Hong Kong. China is furious. US grain markets about to take another hit - thereby hitting Canadian prices as well?
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hongkong-protests/china-warns-u-s-of-retaliation-for-law-backing-hong-kong-protesters-idUSKBN1Y2065 https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hongkong-protests/china-warns-u-s-of-retaliation-for-law-backing-hong-kong-protesters-idUSKBN1Y2065

Any tweets from Donald about this. Thought I heard yesterday they wouldnt pass anything about Hong Kong until phase 1 is done.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
      Any tweets from Donald about this. Thought I heard yesterday they wouldnt pass anything about Hong Kong until phase 1 is done.
      He felt this was more important

Comment

China is done, their 1 child policy has pushed their population beyond the consumption phase into retirement. There is no plan to resume negotiations. There's still a pile of people there, just they don't consume what we need them to. They are moving into healthcare consumption. We need to move on and look for countries that are growing not dieing. It's been a good run. But nothing continues forever. The closest growing, young country is Mexico. They need to get corruption and cartels under control but it is doable. Stop the drug trade and it will fall in line for investment to follow. Security is the biggest issue but it's no different then govt seizure in China or Hong Kong. China is about to exercise the iron fist killing the capital flow into HK and Taiwan is next. It's fracturing.

Comment

Trump is just setting the stage for the inevitable. Likely no Phase 1 agreement is forth coming. China will have to keep HK in line so that means a crackdown. When that happens China will be booted from WTO and become economic pariah. EU and USA trade will be cut off and that country is done.

The US still hasn't even brought all their tools to fight china economically. They could still devalue currency yet and that would be the nail in the coffin. China is no where the economic power they think they are.

US has a self sustaining demographic, if they can repatriate production lines they will need a lot less of the outside world to trade with. They will have cheap labour to the south, infinite resources to the north. There is way more money to be made off 100 million rich first world consumers that a billion poor ones living under the whip.

Canada is actually a very lucky country if we didn't have such a idiot running it.

Comment

I honestly think the blocking of our oil to the coast has something to do with china strategy. US wants them to get their oil out of the ME hornets nest and defend its movement with its military. Canada was going to throw a wrench into that. US wants our oil here obviously. Thats probably a good thing because Canada is too weak to deal with those countries.

Comment

//youtu.be/BzCqQKnF9Oo

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                china investing all over the world.

There is good reason to worry.

Comment

I didn't watch the video, so my response may be misplaced. But much of the investment outside of China is by private citizens getting their money out of a sinking ship as fast as they can, and while they still can.

As for government spending, I forget where I read it, but all of the countries being invested in through the OBOR initiative, have a total consumer economy a small fraction of just the US alone. They are picking through the scraps left over.

Comment

Justin just gave China a walk in the park Jesus Christ that **** head is useless

Comment

Remember US has conducted carrier operations all around the world for almost 70 yrs. Not even Russia could do that and chinas military cant go past its own coastline.

Paper tiger....

When they start conducting operations on the other side of the globe, holding shipping lanes open, guaranteeing transit of oil out of the gulf, then I will start worrying. They are 25 yrs aways from that.

Trump is decoupling those economies and developing domestic oil with Canada as the back up. He will use cheap Mexican labour to start making things closer to home again. When china has to start dealing in the ME to get their energy without US protection then we will see if they are up to the task or not.
                      Last edited by jazz; Nov 28, 2019, 10:44.

Comment

Interesting. Appears chinas biggest advantage has been a plentiful labour pool. When it ages out and shrinks that advantage is gone. No wonder there is a push to automate and shift to higher end goods. Dollar store type goods you see are now made in other nations like Cambodia. So rather than innovate and and develop their own techniques they steal from everyone else. I am a firm believer that a society must develop organically so everyone can experience it. It’s like the analogy of a Stone Age culture brought into the modern age within even a generation. The higher echelons of the power structure will adapt but the less advantaged don’t. China is that way. No wonder see the 2 chinas; the modern industrial powerhouse, and the poor agrarian one. The question is how long the regime can keep their finger on potential unrest of the poor majority. Hong Kong is a tiny window. Maybe it’s the Serbia. Who’s the Arch Duke?

Comment

Not too big a worry. China still has to pay its bribes in $USD. China is a super power when they can pay bribes is yuan.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                            Not too big a worry. China still has to pay its bribes in $USD. China is a super power when they can pay bribes is yuan.
                            Yup true , was just pointing out what was in the video, their influence is spreading in many areas of the world .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...