• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name..... ??????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you name..... ??????

Anything farm groups have done to improve the finances of the primary producers they say they represent????

A policy....a variety....a contract ...a grade ...that isn't more expensive to grow ....

While everyone else gets gets rubber stamped increases to improve their bottom line...

Just one policy that has helped a primary producer or cattleman improve their bottom line....

And just one that hasn't said farmers have to tighten their belts while supporting the economy with their exports and no one else is tightening their belts....

The WCWGA (who were the puppet masters of Ritz Cracker) got rid of the CWB which opened the gates to all those American grain companies coming right to your farmyard to buy your Wheat.

That surely counts for something.

Comment

What competition moved into Canada after that?

Oh and where is that pasta plant.....

Hahaha....

Comment

Bucket, do you ever read the AGM reports?

How about the canola health claim? Worth a billion or two per year.

Comment

OK ...I will bite...how has that crush margin come back to the farm at 9.50 canola and a 35 bpa crop to cover expenses...

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            The WCWGA (who were the puppet masters of Ritz Cracker) got rid of the CWB which opened the gates to all those American grain companies coming right to your farmyard to buy your Wheat.

That surely counts for something.
            This ground has already been plowed. If your paradigm blinds you to how much better things are without that rotten CWB, let me just remind you that under their thumb our initial payment right now would have been about $.97! How would that been for your farm crisis?

As for Bucket's pasta plant, all the CWB lovers fought change for so long the window for building such a plant closed. So thank Forage and Chuck and friends.

As for farm groups, if you belong and don't like the direction go to the annual meeting and raise shit. Whining about things in a little dark corner of the internet will make zero difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
              This ground has already been plowed. If your paradigm blinds you to how much better things are without that rotten CWB, let me just remind you that under their thumb our initial payment right now would have been about $.97! How would that been for your farm crisis?

As for Bucket's pasta plant, all the CWB lovers fought change for so long the window for building such a plant closed. So thank Forage and Chuck and friends.

As for farm groups, if you belong and don't like the direction go to the annual meeting and raise shit. Whining about things in a little dark corner of the internet will make zero difference.
              Yes . I can't argue your advice....I am going to try to get to AGMs but I am thinking they know what I will be bitching about and have a crowd to disperse my complaints...I have been advised as such....so its an uphill battle...

When the chair of an organization calls you because you called a new director....and rides your ass about it ...you know its going to be an irritant you are forced to live with....

Comment

ADM flower mill at Calgary has expanded twice since the end of the wheat board.

Comment

Braveheart broaden your knowledge and Google DLF Seeds and Science. See the power farmer owned cooperatives really can have. I have the means to do it on my own whether or not there is a CWB, so don't puff out your chest to far as you like to do!

I know the WCWGA is near and dear to your heart so don't get too edgy when the truth is told!

Comment

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
                    However, now that the evil board dynasty is gone......
                    Tough question to answer.
                    To be fair however, I've kinda checked out mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                      Braveheart broaden your knowledge and Google DLF Seeds and Science. See the power farmer owned cooperatives really can have. I have the means to do it on my own whether or not there is a CWB, so don't puff out your chest to far as you like to do!

I know the WCWGA is near and dear to your heart so don't get too edgy when the truth is told!
                      I don't need lectures on co-ops. I live about an hour from Dakota Growers pasta plant, former co- op, couldn't make it, sold. North Dakota is littered with "farmer owned" co-ops that folded. Well intentioned, but . . .

I worked for Manitoba Pool and witnessed from the inside how management manipulated locals to support the "corporate agenda" vs listening to grassroots concerns.

Re WCWGA, I'm not member but excepting their support of the seed tax, they are usually on the side of what appeals to my policy ideals, emphasis on my policy ideals because I honestly don't care about yours.

As far as puffing out my chest, yeah I likely do and I'll puff it anytime in the presence of leftist bullshit ideas that kept western Canadian agriculture in the gulag for decades.

Comment

Hey bucket, did you go to China to straighten out the canola dockage debacle to 1%? Thanks for all your hard work in resolving that issue.

Or did that just go away on its own? Must have, because those shite organizations never do anything

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                          Hey bucket, did you go to China to straighten out the canola dockage debacle to 1%? Thanks for all your hard work in resolving that issue.

Or did that just go away on its own? Must have, because those shite organizations never do anything
                          And those groups had my checkoff to use and help from the government...

I quit growing canola because when I complained the best suggestion they could offer is ....grow something else....

9.50 for a bushel but 700 dollars a bushel for seed....yup they sure took care of the problem...

And then they got more government money to find additional markets that they were supposed to be looking for all along....when the Chinese closed the market. ...

Comment

Braveheart, you obviously didn't bother to do a little research on DLF Seeds and Science to see how successful a farmer owned co-op really can be. But then again you know all there to know about co-ops because you were an employee at MPE way back when.

I 'll make it easy for you, DLF is the largest forage seed company in the world owned and run by Danish farmers. I thought you mention you grew a little forage seed now and then, I would hope you would know who the major Forage seed companies are here in Manitoba.

Wouldn't it be ironic if you sold your forage seed to DLF Pickseed, a farmer owned co-op.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              And those groups had my checkoff to use and help from the government...

I quit growing canola because when I complained the best suggestion they could offer is ....grow something else....

9.50 for a bushel but 700 dollars a bushel for seed....yup they sure took care of the problem...

And then they got more government money to find additional markets that they were supposed to be looking for all along....when the Chinese closed the market. ...
                              Hey, you're the one that has asked what they did, and all your response is to whine about the price of seed. On second thought, probably best you stay far away from any commission. Please.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...