• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name..... ??????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweety View Post
    Hey, you're the one that has asked what they did, and all your response is to whine about the price of seed. On second thought, probably best you stay far away from any commission. Please.
    My question was what have they done to improve returns to the primary producer....how did the dockage thing improve returns? And how do you know the dockage wasn't added in like the deer shit a few years back....considering part of basis or elevator charges is for cleaning....I guess all they had to do was tell the grain cos to actually clean ....instead of adding to spec and phucking it up ....

And that market is now closed anyway. ....

BTW ...you sound alot like the farm group directors I have talked to....highlight an issue but no details as to how my checkoff money is having any ROI to the farm gate....

Are you a board member of a farm group tweety?

People say I complain on this forum....but...I also offer solutions to director of farm groups....they say they are taking notes on the ideas.....

The chair of a farm group was giving me shit for calling an acclaimed director....and told me I should have got involved....then I asked him to resign so I could be acclaimed or run ...that was something he wasn't expecting to hear...I am still fuming about that call ...cold calling me because I had called a new director and also asking for another directors phone number ....had saskpulse run an election they would have had to publish their contact info...

Although most Sask wheat candidates don't answer their phones...easier to vote that way...

Look if you don't want me asking questions about farm groups and their use of my money....make checkoffs refundable or better yet voluntary....call it a charity ..which they are....

If you knew how many other organizations are funded by these checkoff dollar only to be influenced by other groups that are sponsored by corporate interests ..you would question the point of them ....

Grain Growers Canada has saskpulse money in it but when you look at who else is involved and their sponsors ...it is controlled by the railways.....

So the other day the big press conference by the GGC was cancelled because the CN strike was over was the excuse..... but more than likely the corporate interests of GGC told them not to make waves....because they had the opportunity to talk about other issues in agriculture for that press conference....but didn't. ....they cancelled it...and then went on to tell me how the media only has so much time....well it looks like you blew an opportunity....

Do any of you ever call the secondary farm groups our checkoff money goes to? If a farm group is funding other farm groups that say they are representing farmers ...call them... see how "the don't give a shit about farmers" actually works...they use the same phrases in their answers ...they are like robots repeating ...its like listening to Trudeau...think of a script that fits for an answer...

When they say they feel your frustration...thats code for "phuck off"
    Last edited by bucket; Nov 28, 2019, 06:27.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      My question was what have they done to improve returns to the primary producer....how did the dockage thing improve returns?
      Jesus H, really?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
        Jesus H, really?
        Yes really....what are international standards for dockage...and who put the dockage in when someone was charging for cleaning....or how tough is it to scalp canola....

Look ....you are short on details as to how returns are better to the farm gate considering current costs and prices...and China is closed....

And don't forget the 30billion committed to the American producer....because that just came out of the blue....
        Last edited by bucket; Nov 28, 2019, 10:29.

Comment

Although I am not that articulate ....I am not sure why anyone would want me getting involved....there is no filter anymore...

Comment

Today, Jan canola ICE futures in CAD: $458.30 / tonne or $11.43 per bu.
            Today, Feb ****seed MATIF futures in CAD: $566.30 / tonne or $12.84 per bu.

Comment

The farm groups will tell guys to use the other exchange. ..

ICE isn't liquid enough ....for canola...

Comment

$2 bucks a bushel would be the profit margin.

Comment

The farm groups will tell guys to use the other exchange. ..

ICE isn't liquid enough ....for canola...
                  You might be on to something there. Matif nearby chart posted a 31 month high for the week ending Nov 22

Comment

Anything farm groups have done to improve the finances of the primary producers they say they represent????

A policy....a variety....a contract ...a grade ...that isn't more expensive to grow ....

While everyone else gets gets rubber stamped increases to improve their bottom line...

Just one policy that has helped a primary producer or cattleman improve their bottom line....

And just one that hasn't said farmers have to tighten their belts while supporting the economy with their exports and no one else is tightening their belts....
                    2 Million MT yellow pea market into China (about half our sales) as developed directly by Pulse Canada. It did not exist prior.

CDC lentil and pea breeding program has had a massive difference affect on our farms.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
                      2 Million MT yellow pea market into China (about half our sales) as developed directly by Pulse Canada. It did not exist prior.

CDC lentil and pea breeding program has had a massive difference affect on our farms.
                      6 dollar peas is a good thing for primary producers? Good for you processors maybe....not so good for farmers....

CDC and saskpulse are ending a partnership....and can you comment on the king red giveaway.....

Some of you misunderstood the question....let me try again...

Where is the improvement to the farm gate...maybe you haven't noticed the drop off in net farm income? Its like saying a new decal makes a better combine for that extra 100,000....

I repeat ...to the farm gate ...to improved financial well being of farmers....no one else has taken a haircut on finances worse than farmers....the railways will be getting an increase to make up for the increased demand from this strike...

The grain cheques don't look better with what you just said....neither does the net....and it doesn't matter if a guy is growing the newest varieties...

You guys are missing the point ....and are a disservice to farmers ...if farmers are not successful how can processors be unless you are like other industries on a steady drip of government money...
                      Last edited by bucket; Nov 28, 2019, 16:00.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post

Saskpulse paid Richard Grey $50,000 plus to "study" wether sending whole peas and lentils to Kazahkstan would have a negative effect on our markets through them using these for seed and becoming competitors.

Their conclusion was nah, those people are too stupid to do something like that.

Today? Hmmm... I guess we've found out who is the dummy.

As far as Pulse Canada "developing" the Chinese market... Give me a break.

I didn't realize Pulse Canada funded the Instituto de Recursos Naturales y Agrobiología de Salamanca (IRNASA‐CSIC) in Salamanca, Spain.

Comment

Also current farm gate prices for Russian 12.5% wheat are $5.76 a bushel CAD with 13.5% almost 70 cents higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
                            Saskpulse paid Richard Grey $50,000 plus to "study" wether sending whole peas and lentils to Kazahkstan would have a negative effect on our markets through them using these for seed and becoming competitors.

Their conclusion was nah, those people are too stupid to do something like that.

I didn't realize Pulse Canada funded the Instituto de Recursos Naturales y Agrobiología de Salamanca (IRNASA‐CSIC) in Salamanca, Spain.
                            Khakistan was given our European market for flax....probably provided clean genetics for them as well ...and since the Triffid event in Canada we got the chinese market as a consolation prize....Khakistan or Russian are building a flax processing plant ...nothing happening in Canada....except the Saskflax board members are per dieming on other so called farm groups....like GGC

And once the silk road is done I hope I have more cattle...because no one wants quality grains and if they do ...they are not paying for it....

BTW .... Russia has the equivalent of our former crow rate...and have invested in infrastructure...

Comment

Khakistan was given our European market for flax....probably provided clean genetics for them as well ...and since the Triffid event in Canada we got the chinese market as a consolation prize....Khakistan or Russian are building a flax processing plant ...nothing happening in Canada....except the Saskflax board members are per dieming on other so called farm groups....like GGC

And once the silk road is done I hope I have more cattle...because no one wants quality grains and if they do ...they are not paying for it....

BTW .... Russia has the equivalent of our former crow rate...and have invested in infrastructure...
                              Yes... and now they are creating a national grains marketing program.

Russia is an excellent place to do business in. 60% of our non-farm enterprises' business is to Russia. And we didn't take a penny of Canadian money to further our business.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post

OK, I will bite. What was the first use of yellow peas in china? What are the current uses of yellow peas? What are green peas used for?

How do you stop the flow of genetics to a country like Kazakhstan? You cant. All they have to do is order a container of export product and plant it. You can't stop it. Incidentally, lentil genetics don't tend to travel well very far anyway, unlike peas which do travel well. Kazakhstan lentils trade at a discount to Canadian due to poorer split yields. Much of our pea genetics used in Canada came from Europe, our chickpeas industry started with Sanford and Dwelley seed from USA. We just imported seed and planted it. Canadian red lentil industry originated from seed imported from USA under crimson. Canada stole the green lentil industry from Turkey to begin with. Wiped them out and now our competitive pressure is coming from Russia on green lentils. What i am getting at is continued research from both genetics, agronomy and policy is the only thing that will allow us to remain competitive. Sitting on Agriville complaining nothing is being done is laughable at best.

Why the f--k i continue to care about this stuff is beyond me. I spent my time at Saskpulse and represented Saskpulse at Pulse Canada as well. Spent 40 days per year on board business plus about one conference call per week. Try making that kind of commitment while running a family farm and a processing company. It was mind blowing the amount of work that was being done and the staff at both organizations are second to none.

I had some difference of opinions on how the King Red and Queen green programs laid out but in the end it was handled how it was handled. Both of those programs have been a flop actually, they should have been broad release. Additionally i am not happy about the changes in distribution of seed that will happen in the future. Not happy at all but it is time for a new blood to lead at Sask pulse. The current system of broad release royalty free shot us ahead of the world and provided massive value to growers. Maxim lentils where responsible for putting massive amounts of income into farmers hands a few years ago. We couldn't have road that gravy train using crimson lentils.

If the seed program is moved to a royalty system i would guess that there will be a shift to a refundable levy at Saskpulse and you guys can get your levy back and just freeload on the agronomy and policy work that you think isn't happening.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...