• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla cybertruck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesla cybertruck

Anyone get in on the preorders?

Comment

GM should be watching sales closely, if Tesla cansell it they might as well bring back the Aztek

Comment

Looks like a 4wd version of the DeLorean....great scott....

Comment

They missed an opportunity...

They could have called the rwd model the N5.
          Dual motor: N6
          Tri-motor: N7

Hell I think those motors are likely even mounted transversely...

Comment

Only a hundred bucks to get an order in I hear. The range, acceleration and payload are fairly impressive I thought.

Ugly as it is someone needs to reinvent the pickup. I bought a new 3/4ton last winter and it's hardly been taken out of the garage, hate it compared to the old farm trucks. They must not have anyone that actually uses a truck involved in the design phase these days.

Comment

Miss the good ol days of reaching over the box. Now you need a ladder to see what is in the box

Comment

0-60 in 4.6seconds
                300+ mile range
                3500lb payload
                10,000 lb towing
                16 inches of ground clearance
                Bulletproof/Sledgehammer proof body
                Armor glass (ok the demo didn't go as planned but here is proof that you can throw a 1kg steel ball at the window... https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1198090787520598016?s=20 )
                Dynamic air suspension (not just ride height, also firmness)
                250KW+ charge speed on Canada's largest high speed charging network
                Over the air software updates adding features for free as long as you own the vehicle
                1 million mile life battery
                1 million mile powertrain (motor/gearbox)
                No oil changes, no fuel/air filter changes, no injectors, no fuel pump, no exhaust system, no turbo, no belts, and no DEF.
                And now the number one reason why you need this truck. Autopilot. Driving without autopilot is like seeding and spraying without GPS. I recommend the full self driving option personally but just having basic autopilot will make you want full self driving option later anyways.
                Last edited by ALBERTAFARMER4; Nov 24, 2019, 04:43.

Comment

Have driver assist active cruise collision avoidance on VW Touareg... amazing technology to prevent accidents...

Comment

How Tesla Designed The Truck

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191124_063555.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	769138

Comment

I wonder how parts, service, warranty and product support will be handled.
                      Who handles these things and where are they?

Tweety's, yeah, what's with the height of the truck boxes these days? How is it practical to have that much ground clearance that the box can't be reached into from the sides. My old father has trouble getting into our 3/4 ton Ram. Are they designing them for the young "look at me" crowd?
                      Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 24, 2019, 06:40.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        I wonder how parts, service, warranty and product support will be handled.
                        Who handles these things and where are they?

Tweety's, yeah, what's with the height of the truck boxes these days? How is it practical to have that much ground clearance that the box can't be reached into from the sides. My old father has trouble getting into our 3/4 ton Ram. Are they designing them for the young "look at me" crowd?
                        I have a model 3. You just go into the app on your phone and make a service appointment. Parts can be on the slow side. In bigger areas (Edmonton for example) without a Tesla dealer they have a mobile ranger that comes to wherever you are to do the work.

Remember that the 16 inch ground clearance is at max height on the air suspension. You will be able to lower it 8 inches for better accessibility.

Comment

Will the Tesla truck be ready for the electric F150 that will be out in 2021 I think? They made a big deal about the F150 prototype pulling 1 million pounds on rail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXFHgoon7lg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXFHgoon7lg

GM also has an electric truck coming. And a few other competitors.

Its going to be interesting to see which one is worth having and at what price.

Pickups are one of the most profitable segments of the auto industry. I can't believe how much some farmers are willing to spend on luxury trucks that depreciate rapidly.

Big Daddy Tazz is a former Saskatchewan farmboy now a very funny Winnipeg based comedian.

Big Daddy Tazz on why more young people should be farmers:

"Young people should DEFINITELY go into farming; it teaches the value of hard work and self worth. Every year we make no money but still there's always a new truck."

"Farm kids mature faster. By the age of 12, I was driving, it did not make me a child prodigy just the designated driver."

"If young people got into farming, they'd learn to pay more attention! In the city if you stop paying attention, you end up missing your bus, stop paying attention on the farm and you end you missing your pointer finger."

He is hilarious!

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thedebaters/big-daddy-tazz-on-why-more-young-people-should-be-farmers-1.2864949

Comment

Tesla got one thing very right. Stainless steel body.

Comment

Fox News article shows retractable ramp, interesting but the “truck” itself does look like it is a recycled Gleaner. Who’s gonna get #1? There are quite a few autonomous BMW’s on the Las Vegas Strip.
                              Last edited by sumdumguy; Nov 24, 2019, 09:03. Reason: Adding

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...