• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a mysterious cannabis-related illness underdiagnosed in Canada?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a mysterious cannabis-related illness underdiagnosed in Canada?

Stupidest most misguided idiot policy ever enacted.

We have guys entering the business and going bankrupt right away, a still thriving black market and surprise, turning people into chronics has a downside, like death.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/cannabinoid-hyperemesis-syndrome-underdiagnosed-canada-1.5362007 'It's torture': Is a mysterious cannabis-related illness underdiagnosed in Canada?

Of the more estimated 5.3 million Canadians who used cannabis this year, six per cent of those surveyed used it daily, according to the latest data from Statistics Canada.
    Forty per cent of the 23,410 hospital stays for "harm caused by substance use" in 2017-18 were related to cannabis, according to the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI), but specific data for CHS is unavailable.

"It's a regular occurrence to be treating cannabis hyperemesis in our emergency department," said Dr. Eddy Lang, an ER physician and head of emergency medicine in Calgary.
    "They come to us because they have incessant, nonstop vomiting going on for hours and hours. And that's very frightening for patients."
    Lang said of the 800 to 1,000 patients seen in Calgary emergency departments per day, it wouldn't surprise him if they were treating upwards of five to 10 cases of CHS.

Originally posted by jazz View Post

We have guys entering the business and going bankrupt right away, a still thriving black market and surprise, turning people into chronics has a downside, like death.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/cannabinoid-hyperemesis-syndrome-underdiagnosed-canada-1.5362007 'It's torture': Is a mysterious cannabis-related illness underdiagnosed in Canada?

Of the more estimated 5.3 million Canadians who used cannabis this year, six per cent of those surveyed used it daily, according to the latest data from Statistics Canada.
    Forty per cent of the 23,410 hospital stays for "harm caused by substance use" in 2017-18 were related to cannabis, according to the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI), but specific data for CHS is unavailable.

"It's a regular occurrence to be treating cannabis hyperemesis in our emergency department," said Dr. Eddy Lang, an ER physician and head of emergency medicine in Calgary.
    "They come to us because they have incessant, nonstop vomiting going on for hours and hours. And that's very frightening for patients."
    Lang said of the 800 to 1,000 patients seen in Calgary emergency departments per day, it wouldn't surprise him if they were treating upwards of five to 10 cases of CHS.
    Hahaha ya lets make meth legal also I heard that makes you feel good too.

Illegal Drug dealers are thriving because more people are now hooked and more are trying other drugs besides marijuana. Kids drug use has risen dramatically that’s not being reported either.

Comment

Just for comparison how many of those 800 - 1000 patients were there for alcohol related problems?

Comment

I think I had the same vomitting after the Roughrider - Bomber game today, suddenly presented when Fajardo’s last pass was deflected by the goal post. Geez, this disease is spreading.

Comment

There is increasing evidence of this illness, one of the manifestations of this disease is that is inexplicably causes users to vote for the most improbable and incompetent candidate possible.

Comment

Some "lifestyle illnesses and emergencies" are more hidious than others.

Drugs
            Alchohol
            Diet, poor or overeating
            Smoking

No one gets denied care though.

Comment

I dont indulge in THC yet so I cannot speak from personal experience. I was on an industrial hemp project in Europe a coupe years ago. One of the team was a “hippie” type guy from BC. Your average guy business oriented , (not cheech and chong type person) that made his living selling pot for 25 years. He explained the BC cannabis culture And history while driving out to the farm project.
              Hindsight tells me everything he described and predicted has come true. He has a very strong criticism for the large indoor government grows. He predicted that the govt was going to undersupply, overprice and have the absolute worst quality cannabis in the world because its all “new” and legal growers dont know what they are doing.
              I am pretty sure My friend said the severe chronic vomitting illness comes from the use of neem oil, a organic pesticide used to discourage insects attacking the cannabis plants in green houses.
              Because it is oil pressed from the seeds of the neem tree, it is regarded as natural and/or organic. The “new” growers use it liberally thinking it is safe. Then some consumers of “legal” cannabis get really sick from it.
              My friend really had a strong contempt for the govt regulated greenhouse grows and nothing good to say about them. There is at least 35 years of cannabis growing experience in BC. The irony is black market cannabis from a trusted source is better quality and safer to consume. The government regulated cannabis will do the most harm to the general public.
              I was totally ignorant of cannabis and severely skeptical with what my “hippy” friend was explaining to me. So far, he has proven accurate for the last 2 years.

Comment

Until the street drugs(pot) are laced the other shit(meth, fentanyl, what ever)!
                Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 18, 2019, 11:41.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  Hahaha ya lets make meth legal also I heard that makes you feel good too.

Illegal Drug dealers are thriving because more people are now hooked and more are trying other drugs besides marijuana. Kids drug use has risen dramatically that’s not being reported either.
                  Ok gramps. Lol. Maybe have another wisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Casered View Post
                    Ok gramps. Lol. Maybe have another wisers.
                    Could you show me the data that legalization has raised usage rates at all?

Comment

Heard the same things at Cannabis convention in Vegas this year. It’s like the Wild West and they don’t know what cultivars do what under certain fertility programs. It’s basically starting from scratch and they don’t know where to draw the lines. U have the old school hippie type or I shud even include the educated type that have developed there own brand of cannabis versus the guys who just got lots of cash and wanna get in on the gold rush. They don’t care about product quality just how much they are gonna make. Gonna be a real clash because there are the producers who believe it shud be grown outdoors in a natural environment versus those who are all about cost and control production. Which leads to other problems like this and in turn we all pay the price of health care

Comment

If some people are allergic to cannabis. Does that make it a killer? With your logic peanuts are a killer too. Maybe we should make peanuts illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

I agree the way they rolled out legalization was dumb. They should have included illegal growers. Now they are competing against them and losing, but calling cannabis a killer is incredibly inaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                            I dont indulge in THC yet so I cannot speak from personal experience. I was on an industrial hemp project in Europe a coupe years ago. One of the team was a “hippie” type guy from BC. Your average guy business oriented , (not cheech and chong type person) that made his living selling pot for 25 years. He explained the BC cannabis culture And history while driving out to the farm project.
                            Hindsight tells me everything he described and predicted has come true. He has a very strong criticism for the large indoor government grows. He predicted that the govt was going to undersupply, overprice and have the absolute worst quality cannabis in the world because its all “new” and legal growers dont know what they are doing.
                            I am pretty sure My friend said the severe chronic vomitting illness comes from the use of neem oil, a organic pesticide used to discourage insects attacking the cannabis plants in green houses.
                            Because it is oil pressed from the seeds of the neem tree, it is regarded as natural and/or organic. The “new” growers use it liberally thinking it is safe. Then some consumers of “legal” cannabis get really sick from it.
                            My friend really had a strong contempt for the govt regulated greenhouse grows and nothing good to say about them. There is at least 35 years of cannabis growing experience in BC. The irony is black market cannabis from a trusted source is better quality and safer to consume. The government regulated cannabis will do the most harm to the general public.
                            I was totally ignorant of cannabis and severely skeptical with what my “hippy” friend was explaining to me. So far, he has proven accurate for the last 2 years.

this is 100% spot on

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              Until the street drugs(pot) are laced the other shit(meth, fentanyl, what ever)!
                              drug dealers dont give away free drugs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.