• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New map shows all the oil and gas spills in Sask.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to being serious then Chuck. And thank you for making a couple of civil rational responses to myself and Jazz yesterday, that was a pleasant change.

So since we have concluded that due to stringent reporting requirements, and high compliance rate, Saskatchewan oil has too large an environmental footprint, and we need to find other cleaner sources with better environmental track records.

So have you done the research yet, which country or state has less reported spills by volume or number of incidents? What are the statistics for North Dakota, or Nigeria, or Pennsylvania, or Saudi Arabia, perhaps Venezuala, Iraq, Libya? Please let us know so we can make the environmentally responsible choice.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Nov 18, 2019, 10:18.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
      I do believe the law says any more than a two litre spill must be reported.
      So how many car accidents have a ruptured oil pan or fuel tank.
      How many hydraulic hoses do we blow in a year, or sprayer hoses, or livestock salt, or fuel or antifreeze, why aren't farmers held to the same standards?

Comment

Anybody with a brain wants to reduce environmental contamination from every source.

Why are you are downplaying the oil industry impacts?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          Anybody with a brain wants to reduce environmental contamination from every source.

Why are you are downplaying the oil industry impacts?
          No, I'm asking you how many other jurisdictions track these things and publicize them for everyone to analyze?

You consistently criticize Canadian oil and gas industry, which is arguably the most ethical, and environmentally strict in the world. When you succeed in shutting that down, demand for oil and gas are not going away, you have just committed a severe disservice to the environment worldwide.

Have you asked Saudi Arabia for their records?

Comment

Why would we compare ourselves to Saudi Arabia when the US is next door?

I pointed out weaker regulations in Canada on suspended wells which has almost no regulations while the US requires abandonment and cleanup after 12 mos. You have not responded!

Do we compare ourselves to Nigeria and Saudi Arabia or maybe a better comparison would be several of the European producers and the United States?

And I don't have the regulations of each country at my finger tips. We would have to find an objective study to know where we fit in compared to similar jurisdictions.

Saudi Arabia is not similar!

Take a look at this study on offshore drilling regulations:

Comparing the Offshore Drilling Regulatory Regimes of the Canadian Arctic, the U.S., the U.K., Greenland and Norway Jennifer Dagg, Peggy Holroyd, Nathan Lemphers, Randy Lucas and Benjamin ThibaultChris Severson-Baker, Steve Kennett, James Leaton and Ben Wheeler

https://www.pembina.org/reports/comparing-offshore-oil-and-gas-regulations.pdf

Comment

I know some energy regulators, and many who have worked on both sides of the border. They referred to the US as the wild west in regards to safety, environmental and quality control compared to Canada.

Comment

Hi Chuckles,
                Look up Midland Texas on Google Earth with the imagery turned on and ask yourself if your CBC reporter knows what he is talking about.
                You will see hundreds of thousands of ‘inactive wells’ (which is defined as no activity for 12 months) and surface flow lines and production pipelines in the ditch. Majority of which are plastic (HDPE) pipelines. And ‘ditch’ is used loosely, there are no ditches, just a graded trail across the scrub dessert.
                You have no clue.

Comment

Taiga, perhaps you can help settle the dispute from earlier in this thread, do you refer to yourself in the singular, or plural? I or We?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    Taiga, perhaps you can help settle the dispute from earlier in this thread, do you refer to yourself in the singular, or plural? I or We?
                    Looks like he has edited it now..

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      but i, for one, am really getting sick of your bull shit
                      Getting? you are just now getting sick of it?

I hereby nominate caseih for most patient poster in all of Agriville history. Having tolerated Chuck for this long without getting sick of his bs.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        Getting? you are just now getting sick of it?

I hereby nominate caseih for most patient poster in all of Agriville history. Having tolerated Chuck for this long without getting sick of his bs.
                        Logic and fact are the most potent weapon against hypocritical preaching posers like chuck.

Everytime he attempts to do some deep research on some subject, the facts come back to bite him. But like all the left, the next day its double down.

Just like climate change. He is destroyed daily yet back every day with more BS. Some people have left reality.

Comment

So where is the logic and facts you speak of? You spent all of your last post attacking me and said nothing about the issue of oils impact on the environment or comparing regulations.

Nice try Jazz but rather than spout nonsense, try to deliver something interesting and relevant to the thread topic.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

And I don't have the regulations of each country at my finger tips. We would have to find an objective study to know where we fit in compared to similar jurisdictions.

Saudi Arabia is not similar!
                            NO, you are right, Saudi Arabia is not similar, they do not need to report, record or release statistics on such safety or environmental issues whatsoever, and their citizens know better than to demand such action, lest they face capital or corporal punishment, another way in which Saudi Arabia is not similar to Alberta. But Canadians are sourcing oil from them, without questioning their environmental track record, meanwhile constantly bashing ours.

But if you don't have access to an objective study to compare similar jurisdictions, why did you bring this map to our attention in the first place, if you have no clue if it is good, bad, or indifferent? Obviously everyone inside and outside of the industry would prefer the number of spills be zero, but is that attainable, and have any of our competitors reached that level, or even an improved level compared to ours?

Comment

Comparing the Offshore Drilling Regulatory Regimes of the Canadian Arctic, the U.S., the U.K., Greenland and Norway Jennifer Dagg, Peggy Holroyd, Nathan Lemphers, Randy Lucas and Benjamin ThibaultChris Severson-Baker, Steve Kennett, James Leaton and Ben Wheeler

https://www.pembina.org/reports/comparing-offshore-oil-and-gas-regulations.pdf

Comment

A quick search of your link about offshore drilling regulations Didn't turn up anything about Saskatchewan's offshore drilling regulations. So yes, you must be right, Saskatchewan is obviously very lacking compared to our competitors. I am shocked that they could have overlooked something so important.

Wtf does offshore anything have to do with your original assertion that oil and salt water is being spilled onto farmland? Perhaps it is the reference to saltwater that confused you?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...