• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Marketing Buyers here

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain Marketing Buyers here

Just checked I kid you not there are 171 listed registered grain buyers.

88 grain brokers

And 15 grain merchants

No wonder a fella gets confused......

Of the 171 guessing 120 or so active In our state and not at all delivery sites.

Currently ADM top of the tree at elevators.

Myself going through a grain merchant who has a buyer currently after 3000 t of feed barley feed lot.

No counterparty risk that’s the merchants problem. He pays me not buyer.

Similar to grain broker but no risk.

Broker buyer seller come together , merchant a middleman he takes a few bucks a tonne but gives me peace of mind.

Many of the buyers offering end of week of delivery payment this year of course may be a buck or 2 less but wow deliver Thursday money in your bank Friday night guess it was the same in good ole days of the CWB and AWB prompt payment best price.

Fark thing I’m heat struck......delusional

Poke me in the eye with a blunt stick me first barley is yielding 3.1 at moment bugger a small 325 acre paddock.

Talk in morning guys

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Poke me in the eye with a blunt stick me first barley is yielding 3.1 at moment bugger a small 325 acre paddock.

Talk in morning guys
    Im hoping that for your sake that is 3.1ton/ha...

Seen a fellow come across the #harvest19 thread yesterday that was cutting barley somewhere in Australia... 500kg/ha. You could hardly tell what was harvested and what was still standing.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
      Im hoping that for your sake that is 3.1ton/ha...

Seen a fellow come across the #harvest19 thread yesterday that was cutting barley somewhere in Australia... 500kg/ha. You could hardly tell what was harvested and what was still standing.
      Yep tonnes pe ha.

Plenty harvesting 300 kg

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        Yep tonnes pe ha.

Plenty harvesting 300 kg
        Yikes, isn't that like 6 bu/ac.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Yikes, isn't that like 6 bu/ac.
          7 maybe if was me would graze lightly

Comment