• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just have to ask. Are the Grain companies playing games with wheat?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just have to ask. Are the Grain companies playing games with wheat?

It seems you could bring in a sample of last years wheat and they will pick through it and give you a two. even if it all went as a 1 in 2018.

Also hearing from different guys who have shopped around and it seems one place they give a feed don't bat an eye. Its feed, get out you peasant mentality.

The same sample send to CGC comes back a three.

Take it 100 miles away from your farm, south-east or west and its a poor two probably a three at one of the locations.

So here is my question, are they strategically buying and blending it at the coast and filling what Russia and Ukraine countries use to with a nice two.

Because isnt a falling number of 280 or higher ok.

But then how is the one sprout they find not cleaned out with the mill. I can get it out with our little shit show so why can't they.

Lots of unanswered questions but as usual farmers are getting the shaft. Ah Canada the land of the shit show farming.

Farm groups/ Silence dont want to rock the boat. Bring in seed tax and check-offs and all is good.

As Greta would say...

How dare you!

Comment

Gretta should have visited the last two days fort mac and froze her sorry backside. Maybe walked and seen it would be fitting.

I just don't get why in Canada shit always goes south on the farm and usually it can be traced back to the group above.

Comment

OK here are the facts

Farmers fund all farm groups through checkoffs....the farm groups then represent everyone else's interests and the respective board's self interests for the most part...

Farmers have been funding the CGC and been pick pocketed 130 million dollars with zero representation on farmers behalf...FFS they won't even enforce the rules on grading ....

Western MPs and MLAs are funded by farmers and they don't even talk about agriculture...the TMX pipeline is a 3 year build ...agriculture is in need of representation now...

everyone you vote for or fund.... quickly forgets who they represent....

130 million in CGC plus 55 million a year in checkoffs...agristability prepaid a year and half in advance...etc etc....

A lot of completely wasted money....
        Last edited by bucket; Nov 12, 2019, 07:30.

Comment

I agree and us bottom feeders get shit on all the time. What if like Canada and Alberta the cookie jar (Farmers can't pay any more) will the rest up the ladder crumble.

Probably not Trudeau will prop up industry in a heartbeat. Just vote for me and all is good.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            I agree and us bottom feeders get shit on all the time. What if like Canada and Alberta the cookie jar (Farmers can't pay any more) will the rest up the ladder crumble.

Probably not Trudeau will prop up industry in a heartbeat. Just vote for me and all is good.
            Pulse Canada has been given 1.6 million every year from saskpulse and received 2.9 million from the federal government. ...

So they are getting money out of both my pockets....checkoff and taxes....and zero accountability for the use of those funds....and not much of a return on investment back to the farm gate. ....

Comment

The grain that is testing tough sure doesn't behave like tough or damp grain .....no peaking ....flattened right out in the hopper....

Back in september...18 moisture peaked like a witch's hat....

Comment

A person sold a load out of a bin that 1st elev gave them a #3 and the next load out of same bin to another elevator that called it a #2. When he got checks there was 5 cents a bushel difference and that 5 cents was eaten up in trucking extra distance. Games aren't just being played in grading room.

Comment

Pretty young here and don’t really recall the early 1900’s and why the SWP formed? History never repeats so no sense learning from the past lol.

Comment

One of our samples came back to RP over 300 fn
                    Theyre saying its still cf because of the sprouts?
                    I have 3 questions ;
                    1) why in **** did they send it in for a FN test if it was feed ???
                    2) do sprouts clean out on gravity table ?
                    3)is a sample supposed to be cleaned before checking for sprouts?
                    These ****ing wheat games are getting old , someone else can grow it

Comment

The new falling number grading is only being used to reduce what they are paying you. If the falling number is good they use other factors to downgrade the wheat to pay less. When falling numbers are low they are using them to pay you even less even if it is feed. Not quite sure how the pigs can tell if they are eating lower falling number wheat. You now deliver your wheat and a sample is kept, if falling number comes back lower than expected on average sample you will be in deep trouble and could be liable for the whole train.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                        The new falling number grading is only being used to reduce what they are paying you. If the falling number is good they use other factors to downgrade the wheat to pay less. When falling numbers are low they are using them to pay you even less even if it is feed. Not quite sure how the pigs can tell if they are eating lower falling number wheat. You now deliver your wheat and a sample is kept, if falling number comes back lower than expected on average sample you will be in deep trouble and could be liable for the whole train.
                        FÃœCK THAT.....you never mixed or blended the wheat in the terminal. That sounds completely unreasonable....enter CGC.

Comment

We sent out 7 B-train loads of feedwheat. Kept a very good representative sample of each load....probably more accurate than any load probed sample they would take.

I may be a bit of a c unt but most know I stand up for myself and don't like being fùcked with.

Comment

I asked the CGC why they are allowed to use falling number to slow the system down and then still grade on visuals????

If its feed I don't need an elevator ...just a broker that is reliable to pay...

Comment

caseih

Severe sprouts limit.....
                              #1--------0.1%
                              #2--------0.2%
                              #3--------0.3%

Total sprouts

#1--------0.5%
                              #2--------1.0%
                              #3--------3.0%

At .3% severe for a three.....how much would it actually take to push it into feed?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.