Donald's facing a penalty

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Donald's facing a penalty

Nov 12, 2019 | 07:21 61 CBC into full destroy mode on cherry this morning. Hiscox even went on to read a comment from a viewer that cherry had a poppy on that wasn't issued by the legion and it was his own design so he was in the wrong and not in line with his own comments. They might have to eat those words when Perry bellegarde hears it because it sure looked like the beaded native poppy he gave cherry on tv at the winter classic. They are now saying the words "you people" can never be used!!!!

Why doesnt cbc ask Trudeau his opinion on this matter? Ask him if this is as bad as wearing blackface after his answer. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Nov 12, 2019 | 07:33 62 Cherry was not only a bigoted throwback to a long bygone social era he was a poor spokesperson on major issues in hockey as well.

In 2011, Cherry apologized in the face of legal threats for referring to NHL enforcers who spoke about the link between concussions, mental illness and substance abuse as “pukes,” “turncoats,” and “hypocrites.”

Those are the words of someone who must have taken too many pucks or hits to his head in his short on ice career.

What kind of ignorant asshole would say these kind of things to people who have put their health, body, career, and lives on the line? Imagine if your local hockey coach said the same thing to your kids.
    And Cherry got to say it on TV in front of millions. Unbelievable!

https://nationalpost.com/news/lower-slobovia-attacking-slimea-a-selection-of-don-cherrys-hits
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Nov 12, 2019 at 08:18.
    Nov 12, 2019 | 07:39 63 We get it chuck, you are triggered and a hypocrit at the same time. Dont hear a peep from you about if our PM should keep his job. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Nov 12, 2019 | 07:44 64
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Cherry was not only a bigoted throwback to a long bygone social era he was a poor spokesperson on major issues in hockey as well.

In 2011, Cherry apologized in the face of legal threats for referring to NHL enforcers who spoke about the link between concussions, mental illness and substance abuse as “pukes,” “turncoats,” and “hypocrites.”

What kind of ignorant asshole would say these kind of things to people who have put their health, body, career, and lives on the line? Imagine if your local hockey coach said the same thing to your kids.
    And Cherry got to say it on TV in front of millions. Unbelievable!

https://nationalpost.com/news/lower-slobovia-attacking-slimea-a-selection-of-don-cherrys-hits
    You must be just vibrating sitting in front of your keyboard waiting to spew the minute someone has an opinion you cant tolerate. It only took 2 minutes for a reply to me. I feel sorry for your family, your kids. You seem to be so full of fight and rage, no room for tolerance for anything but your view. Yet somehow I think if the going got tough you would be the one locking yourself in a room to hide. It's the liberal way after all. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Nov 12, 2019 | 07:53 65 Do you guys think Cherry's comments on enforcers concerns about concussions were okay? Or are you going to just ignore his stupidity?

I didnt vote for Trudeau and I am disappointed with his leadership. It's up to voters to decide. They made their decision.

This thread is about Cherry!

You know things have changed when the Canadian Legion spoke out against Cherry's comments.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Nov 12, 2019 at 08:03.
    Nov 12, 2019 | 08:08 66 No , chuck, actually this thread is about the horseshit that is going on in canada right now , you seemed to have missed the point
    All the lefties dont see a problem with a dictator buying off the msm
    Or their leader breaking the law on several occasions . This hasnt happenned before with a PM
    They also dont have a problem with him and this blackface issue , i dont know anything about it , but apparently its a big deal, and all the media can focus on is trump
    They also dont have a problem with the way he treats women, or the way he lied on msm about it
    Or that he is handing out bags of money all over the world while people starve and have no place to live in this country
    Or that he has never done an honest days work in his life
    Or that they brought greta here to campaign for him , i guess shes not from russia , so that makes it ok
    Its too bad it all slipped right over your head
    Last edited by caseih; Nov 12, 2019 at 08:10.

• Nov 12, 2019 | 08:16 67 The thread is about Cherry!

Still pissed about the election? The campaign is over.

To lose an election and Cherry in a just a few weeks is a lot of disappointment for right wing faithful to bare. Reply With Quote
    Nov 12, 2019 | 08:27 68 This is not a free speech issue. Cherry said what he wanted to say on a platform bigger than that is available to all of his critics. And when challenged, he publicly said he meant what he said. His free speech rights were NOT shut down by government but by thousands of citizens also practicing free speech and saying they did not like what Cherry said.

This is not a CBC issue. Sportsnet is owned and operated by Rodger's Communication. CBC does not control its programming or commentators.

This is not a poppy issue. If it was all about the poppy, Cherry would have purchased a Legion poppy to wear instead of a designer poppy he was given in the past. After all, poppy sales is the major fundraiser for the Legion and a designer poppy that does not come from and support the Legion and veterans should be just as offensive as a multicolored or any other "poppy" being used by for financial or publicity by a group other than the Legion.

This is not about veterans. If it was Cherry would not have been wearing a Legion blazer. You do not put on the uniform of anyone if you have not been a part of it. That is respect; not pretending to be part of something you are not. Cherry is not a veteran.

Cherry made his public comments as is his free speech rights and has stood by them in the ruckus afterward. But he is also accountable to his employer, consumers, and society for those comments and if they are now offensive to those parties, he must accept accountability for saying those things. Anyone making anything more of this than it was an questionable expression of opinion by an 85 year old entertainer is just as guilty as Cherry was of poor taste.

This is much ado about nothing. Reply With Quote
    Nov 12, 2019 | 08:29 69 Chuck you are wrong on this issue. You see it as a beat down of the right and its not. Reply With Quote
    Nov 12, 2019 | 08:30 70
    The thread is about Cherry!

To lose an election and Cherry in a just a few weeks is a lot of disappointment for right wing faithful to bare.
    Maybe we should try and impeach him then lol Reply With Quote
    Partners's Avatar Nov 12, 2019 | 08:43 71 As stated on another forum.
    There is a time delay between what was said and before it's aired.
    So TSN had time to edit it if they thought what Don said was wrong. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Nov 12, 2019 | 08:53 72
    The thread is about Cherry!

To lose an election and Cherry in a just a few weeks is a lot of disappointment for right wing faithful to bare.
    Is this really about Cherry? I’m still waiting for you to cut and paste a climate change article here. Reply With Quote

• Nov 12, 2019 | 10:51 73
    Quote Originally Posted by blueversi View Post
    Is this really about Cherry? I’m still waiting for you to cut and paste a climate change article here.
    Yous guys just got a toughen up a little and follow the puck. Use your heads. Focus for F...S... Don't let those pinkos push you around in dem corners. Your nothin but a bunch of pussies! Get out there and say something thoughtful otherwise your gonna get benched! Reply With Quote
    Nov 12, 2019 | 11:16 74 Don Cherry is being paid to be on the show.The people who pay him did not like what he was saying on their program.He lost his job.That is between the employer and the employee.And I believe the person who signs the pay check should have the last say.I bet it was a thought out move letting him go and not a rage fireing. Reply With Quote
    LEP
    Nov 12, 2019 | 11:20 75
    Yous guys just got a toughen up a little and follow the puck. Use your heads. Focus for F...S... Don't let those pinkos push you around in dem corners. Your nothin but a bunch of pussies! Get out there and say something thoughtful otherwise your gonna get benched!
    Somehow it sounds disingenuous coming from you. 🤠 Reply With Quote
    Nov 12, 2019 | 11:25 76 Guess who! And is it offensive?

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.

We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Nov 12, 2019 | 11:32 77
    Quote Originally Posted by LEP View Post
    Somehow it sounds disingenuous coming from you. 🤠
    Really! I would never say anything in jest! Reply With Quote
    Nov 12, 2019 | 11:34 78
    Yous guys just got a toughen up a little and follow the puck. Use your heads. Focus for F...S... Don't let those pinkos push you around in dem corners. Your nothin but a bunch of pussies! Get out there and say something thoughtful otherwise your gonna get benched!
    Where did you cut and paste that from? Source please. Reply With Quote
    Nov 12, 2019 | 11:35 79
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneG View Post
    Guess who! And is it offensive?

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.

We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
    If this was in an oath of office Trump wouldn't pass the test. Kim Jong Un and Putin are great people according to Donald! LOL Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Nov 12, 2019 | 11:54 80
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Don Cherry is being paid to be on the show.The people who pay him did not like what he was saying on their program.He lost his job.That is between the employer and the employee.And I believe the person who signs the pay check should have the last say.I bet it was a thought out move letting him go and not a rage fireing.
    Sportsnet gave into the politically correct looney left mob. Unfortunately for them, outraged pinkos are more interesting in drama and climate alarmism (chucky crowd) than they are interested in sports. Reply With Quote

• Nov 12, 2019 | 12:01 81
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneG View Post
    Guess who! And is it offensive?

We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
    That would be Theodore Roosevelt. Is it offensive ? Not to me but I’m sure it is to some sensitive left leaning types. Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• Nov 12, 2019 | 12:13 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver88 View Post
    Sportsnet gave into the politically correct looney left mob. Unfortunately for them, outraged pinkos are more interesting in drama and climate alarmism (chucky crowd) than they are interested in sports.
    Stroke a check and sponsor his show.Pretty sad day if the ones that sign the pay check can not fire someone.pretty much 2020 not 1980.when i was real young some of the older crowd referred to the long hair kids as communists.how did that play out? Reply With Quote
    Nov 12, 2019 | 12:27 83
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Stroke a check and sponsor his show.Pretty sad day if the ones that sign the pay check can not fire someone.pretty much 2020 not 1980.when i was real young some of the older crowd referred to the long hair kids as communists.how did that play out?
    So you haven't been watching the news? A Canadian icon got fired for speaking truth.

That's how it played out. Glad to help you... Reply With Quote

• Nov 12, 2019 | 12:30 84 Don is definitely a true Canadian who get fired for telling the truth and then we give millions to Omar khadr to kill whites. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Nov 12, 2019 | 13:08 85 New

.pretty much 2020 not 1980.when i was real young some of the older crowd referred to the long hair kids as communists.how did that play out?

I'd be careful with that remark, those were the parents of the Extreme Evangelical Righties here on Agriville. Don't forget it was their grandparents that wanted to burn all the Rock and Roll records because it was the devils music.

Now they come on Agriville preaching freedom of speech and which Rock and Roll songs they like combining to.

Misdirection generational bunch they are, but like coconuts they don't fall far for the tree! Reply With Quote
    Nov 12, 2019 | 13:09 86 Can we assume most of the people who were offended by Mr. Cherry's comment have three things in common:

Voted blackface back in.

Watch cbc national news.

Phone in sick if they have a hang nail. Reply With Quote

• Nov 12, 2019 | 14:30 87
    Quote Originally Posted by foragefarmer View Post
    New

.pretty much 2020 not 1980.when i was real young some of the older crowd referred to the long hair kids as communists.how did that play out?

I'd be careful with that remark, those were the parents of the Extreme Evangelical Righties here on Agriville. Don't forget it was their grandparents that wanted to burn all the Rock and Roll records because it was the devils music.

Now they come on Agriville preaching freedom of speech and which Rock and Roll songs they like combining to.

Misdirection generational bunch they are, but like coconuts they don't fall far for the tree!
    at least we know which bathroom to go in Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• Nov 12, 2019 | 15:14 88 This is all so stupid. If you listened to Coaches Conner over the years Don always uses the term"you people" all the time. It doesn't matter who he is talking about its you people people out there or you kids out there.

The progressives can't stand him for his political views and for the fact he is very popular with everyday Canadians. Wasn't he neck and neck with Tommy Douglas for the greatest Canadian contest a few years back? Look up some of the things Tommy said about LBGTQ or what ever those people are called!

Don comes from a generation that is often called the greatest generation for all they did to make Canada great? Everything they did was to beat back the Commie Pinko's like Chuck from destroying Canada. That's why Pinko Chuck gets so much pleasure out of all this.

I predict Don will come out of this smelling way better than that weasel Ron Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Nov 12, 2019 | 16:08 89 I wish we could trigger chuck so bad that he fcks off to some marxist SJW blog and can bleat his BS there. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Nov 12, 2019 | 16:18 90 If it was so darn offensive, why did the radio station play it and why are they playing it over and over every time you turn on the radio? Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes