• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where’s the Top of Natural Gas?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where’s the Top of Natural Gas?

Strong recent gains in natural gas . . . . This appears driven by several factors.

1. It’s cold out there. This blast of extreme cold encompasses nearly all of North America. 2. The U.S. is experiencing a propane shortage. This is now impacting grain drying. 3. Technicals are bullish. Dec nat gas has charged from $2.40 to $2.85 per gigajoule. Purely technical, but a break above $2.95 suggests a move toward $3.20 per gig. 4. U.S. fracking profitability is in-decline. This will produce less natural gas.

Finally, there is a commodity that is beginning to excite investors. Natural gas con tracts are huge, 10,000 gigaojoules per contract.Futures are too dangerous to touch given massive contract size. For hedgers and speculators, call options may be a safer consideration.

3.20 possible by year end. That would be the limit. I think.
    In the new year there is a path for 3.20 plus

A retrace to sub 2.70 to fill the gap would limit highs before year end to about 3.00, maybe

Of course, for farmers, the day when NG correlated to the price of fertilizer is over. Fertilizer is a rip off
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Yara NG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	769106

Comment

Island reversal. 3.00 will be top for 2019, I think, maybe
      A close under 2.60 for a couple days would really take some wind out of the sails

2.629 to be precise
      Last edited by farming101; Nov 12, 2019, 11:22.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.