• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing you don’t know grass

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing you don’t know grass

Projected protein shortage for China because of ASF has blown out to 15-20 million tonnes per annum -China now buying 90CL grinding beef pushing its price to record high 819c/kg CIF .

Cattle last two weeks moving up some suggest will explode.
    And mutton returns record highs getting sent to China as well for consumption.

Hooked some old ewes vey old actually dressed 27.5 kg so around 60 kg had lambs weaned of them only 7 weeks ago. Made 5.80 or around $160 per head.

Many were 7 yrs old.

Wonder why they say protein and not meat.

Guessing cattle will explode you way as well o freight stuffs you o packers I should say

Yes the fed cattle prices have been rising in North America in the last couple of months. At the same time cow herds are being liquidated due to feed shortages and lack of long term profitability, huge number of heifers on feed. Points to decreasing supply in the future while demand may explode as you say. Is it all a play though? Will future demand bolster prices significantly or will it bring the fake meat alternatives more into play? What happens when ASF hits N America? will be hard to keep it out.

Comment

Had I think Vietnamese lady caught at airport incoming with raw pork products in her hand luggage.

Stopped at customs got no further sent home on return flight about 8 hours later.

Caused bit of a kerfuffle at vetnamese community but rules are rules.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.