APAS regional and annual general meeting.

Commodity Marketing

Tools

APAS regional and annual general meeting.

Nov 7, 2019 | 11:47 1 These meetings are coming up shortly. Participation is increasing and they are looking for topics to address. I will be attending and would like suggestions.. Bucket, be nice, but looking for input. AGM is in Regina, December 4 to 6. Public is welcome to register and attend. APAS is offering to cover expenses for 5 Saskatchewan farmers wishing to attend this year. I don’t know if these spots are filled, you could let me know if interested. Reply With Quote
Nov 7, 2019 | 11:51 2
Quote Originally Posted by RD414 View Post
These meetings are coming up shortly. Participation is increasing and they are looking for topics to address. I will be attending and would like suggestions.. Bucket, be nice, but looking for input. AGM is in Regina, December 4 to 6. Public is welcome to register and attend. APAS is offering to cover expenses for 5 Saskatchewan farmers wishing to attend this year. I don’t know if these spots are filled, you could let me know if interested.

Yup I missed the meeting in moose jaw. ...I am tired out ...I don't think government is focused on the issues in agriculture....oil and gas is the light switch industry they are concentrating on....

And Moe has stated he is chasing the urban vote...he has the rural wrapped up....a fence post will suffice for a saskparty MLA Reply With Quote
Nov 7, 2019 | 12:01 3 The solutions to the issues currently facing agriculture in saskatchewan have been simplified to the point where the only solution is an adhoc payment....They can't make your grain a number one or call it dry....and thats only the start of the issues...


The stress is a direct result of what will soon be financial hurt.....no matter the size of the farm...

If the solution is to sell out ...fine....but then someone better look at the implications of allowing farmers to get out with some money for the transition to what ever might be left in another industry....

Other industries will soon be hurting as well....

You can not base an economy on light switch industries that agriculture has a hand in supporting ....support other industries and forget about agriculture ...they will all fail as well...

Grant devine understood the value of agriculture.....no one else since does....


Allowing the consolidation of farms again is easy but when the big boys or the investors ask for a handout in future years.....I can tell you this...supporting the current family farms will cost less than the payment the mega farms will be looking for to protect shareholder value....
Last edited by bucket; Nov 7, 2019 at 13:10.
Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Nov 7, 2019 | 18:16 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Yup I missed the meeting in moose jaw. ...I am tired out ...I don't think government is focused on the issues in agriculture....oil and gas is the light switch industry they are concentrating on....

    And Moe has stated he is chasing the urban vote...he has the rural wrapped up....a fence post will suffice for a saskparty MLA
    Maybe if saskatchewan had a provincial wexit party for the next election it would grab Moe's attention. Reply With Quote
    Nov 7, 2019 | 18:42 5 If they are looking for topics

    Water security and the new drainage policy that Scott Moe came up with is nuts and i think some common sense need to prevail in that department. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Nov 7, 2019 | 18:50 6
    Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
    If they are looking for topics

    Water security and the new drainage policy that Scott Moe came up with is nuts and i think some common sense need to prevail in that department.
    The only plan for drainage is start digging and if anyone complains keep digging.....they won't shut you down....then they will act as mediators to see who gives the best in the paper bags....


    Once the ditch is dug the drainage will seep even if they cement up the tile... FFS... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Nov 7, 2019 | 20:01 7 Lands Branch has a quarter near here that they want to sell. There has had lots of drainage done on this field over the last 80 years and Water Security has put some kind of lean against it. The only way Water Security will allow a sale is if Land branch fills all ditches to there original level!
    Now land Branch is looking for a contractor to move some 700 cubic meters of soil to complete this work. This work is going affect lots of surrounding land with backed up water this coming spring and really devalue the land that is for sale.
    The fella at Lands Branch said the new owner of the land will have to apply for drainage permits and if approved you could then reopen the drainage runs.

    Seems if Government is involved its huge expense to do nothing. Just madness!
    Last edited by seldomseen; Nov 8, 2019 at 07:39.
    Reply With Quote
    Nov 8, 2019 | 07:37 8 they don't seem to realize this swamp can't be farmed without ditches ? Reply With Quote
    Nov 8, 2019 | 07:42 9 They don't care. I think they would prefer if it wasn't farmed! Reply With Quote
    Nov 8, 2019 | 07:49 10 i guess, good place for city folk to hunt and DU could save it all for american duck hunters Reply With Quote