• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many grain guys will be buying cows or feeders?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many grain guys will be buying cows or feeders?

Hi everyone been reading posts for a long time, I thought I would get a different topic started. I was curious if the grain guys will be buying cows or feeders to add value to their feedgrain? Or have all the the corrals been dismantled? Sorry if it is a touchy subject.

The answer to that is zero. We have a hard time keeping producers in the beef industry. Honestly doubt anyone will jump back in to feed their grain.

Comment

Not too many of them with surplus cash looking for a home either likely.

Comment

Was at agri-trade the other day and the guys selling waterers, fence supplies, and squeezes had lots of time to talk to ya while the guys selling big shiny iron tried to move you on to talk to the next in line. Nobody new is buying cows regardless of the reason. More fence coming out around here than going in ............. we’re one of the “exceptions” to the rule.

Comment

In our neighbourhood a lot of grain will be feed quality and needs to be dried. I expect it will go to ethanol or head to feedlot alley. There is a LOT of crop still out that will be poor feed at best next spring. It will get combined mostly in order to seed. No one will buy cows since most of the land with crop out isn't fenced anymore and a lot of guys have their entire years profit (and then some) still sitting in the field in either swathed or unswathed condition.

Comment

Agree with comments.
            One more factor is AgriStability.
            Stayed with cattle longer than we should have in past
            Profitability was not there but it was a way to reduce risk.
            So long as government money stays there, it is a better bet.

Comment

Would be a good idea if guys had fences and facilities. Problem is there is not enough of the "make lemonade out of lemons" attitude anymore. Everyone has gotten too specialized in what they do and would rather do nothing and complain and demand a handout instead of making their situation work another way.

Comment

I would be happy if more crop guys just had fences so my cows could go in and browse the coulees and fence lines this time of year....

Also opens up the door for swath grazing on hailed out or snowed shit... but fencing is expensive and what was once there is now feeble.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.