• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query: price of Screenings?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Query: price of Screenings?

Anyone know the value of screenings this month? At elevators or feed mills?

I really can't help you Parsley but it might depend mostly on what they consist of.

.....and how much.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      I really can't help you Parsley but it might depend mostly on what they consist of.

.....and how much.
      K. Got a query from Quebec. Too late tonight to contact an elevator.

Comment

Was a while ago but feedmills in bc were paying more for terminal screenings than we got for the grain.

Comment

Holy crap Pars, is it really necessary to go that far?

Somethings telling me these screenings might be organic screenings.

Note: No sarcasm expressed or implied!

Comment

Holy crap Pars, is it really necessary to go that far?

Somethings telling me these screenings might be organic screenings.

Note: No sarcasm expressed or implied!
            Big company looking for piles of feed. Want a contract for weekly delivery. For all winter.

Freight paid.

Comment

Also buyers looking for golden flax. Anyone have commenta on quality of golden flax combined this fall? Pars
              Last edited by parsley; Nov 6, 2019, 20:22.

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
                Also buyers looking for golden flax.
                Milling quality brown flax will be "golden" this year too....even in the commodity market.

If you have quality....LOCK THE BINS.

Our Brown flax is ugly and light this year. Flax isn't as "weatherproof" as I thought but this fall's weather was anomolous.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 6, 2019, 20:25.

Comment

Depends what they are - the cheapest pelleted screenings I was offered were canola/wheat screenings out of Thunder Bay. Delivered in B-trains SW Manitoba for $164 metric T. They were maxed out on ergot though - would need to blend 50:50 with something that wasn't.

Comment

Milling quality brown flax will be "golden" this year too....even in the commodity market.

Our Brown flax is ugly and light this year. Flax isn't as "weatherproof" as I thought but this fall's weather was anomolous.
                    Thanks, farm.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                      Depends what they are - the cheapest pelleted screenings I was offered were canola/wheat screenings out of Thunder Bay. Delivered in B-trains SW Manitoba for $164 metric T. They were maxed out on ergot though - would need to blend 50:50 with something that wasn't.
                      Thanks, grassy.

Comment

I also thought flax was very tolerant to poor weather conditions. I have combined flax a couple of times, in spring, and it was still a number one. I do think there was some weight loss but the seed looked good. I didn’t seed any flax this year. This year everything was against us,what could go wrong,went wrong!

Comment

At cleaning plants buyers are always calling for specific type of screenings, usually with higher protein levels. Lentil screenings are more valuable than canaryseed screenings.... so you need to know what he is looking for.

Comment

45 plus years ago went to see my great uncle at the west coast, he had like large lots at the time, neighbor had a black mule, dad went to talk to him and he was so proud he was buying black oats for his black mule, it was wild oats.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                              45 plus years ago went to see my great uncle at the west coast, he had like large lots at the time, neighbor had a black mule, dad went to talk to him and he was so proud he was buying black oats for his black mule, it was wild oats.
                              Made me chuckle.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...