• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wexit

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wexit

Just as sure as the success of a 2019 Norway stemmed from the relatively amicable separation of Norway from Sweden, one can be confident that Alberta and Saskatchewan will thrive from their confederational severance from Canada.

We are no longer viewed as a valued voice in the ROC; but we are expected to act as the taxation-transfer depot to elevate the standard of living of other Canadians.

We are “being used”.

No point in arguing about it, It’s time to leave. As did Norway. Pars
    Last edited by parsley; Nov 6, 2019, 08:09. Reason: Word correction

Have you written a paper or a paragraph or an article or a letter, even to yourself, about your vision is for your children and grandchildren thru leaving Canada.

The real gain? What do you really want to accomplish? And what are you prepared to do to facilitate the creation of your new society?

Comment

Since we have been the "fuel" for this country since day 1, maybe we are being too Canadian and should therefore keep the name of the country, the ROC can be known as Quebec. Wexit sounds stupid. I want opportunity for myself and my kids. I want less govt taxation and regulation. Mostly i want a market for the goods i produce and just to be left alone. I don't want people that have no idea what i do telling me how i should run a business. I want property rights. I want politicians that have to live under the laws they pass, meaning term limits, it's not a career it's a public service. It's easy to bitch from the top of the bleachers so I'm ok with different ideas put forward. **** the Senate. Courts and judges need to be accountable. If they release a repeating pedophile, maybe the first night should be in the judges house. Im on the fence regarding banning taxation completely and just funding govt by printing money according to true GDP as a percentage. This taxing the rich narrative will only decline to taxing anyone with a job. GST was to eliminate debt and that went out the window. Govt is leveraging it's tax revenue then doubling down by suppressing interest rates that are robbing the retirees. Id ask for a copy of all the laws in this country but im pretty sure it would not fit on super b flat decks. So any law passed needs to be revisited every 5 years. Still illegal in town to not have a hitching post at a business. Can't ride a horse without a license. The list is endless, but nationally we've lost focus. Western Canada is young and paying the bill should we really be throttled by the East? Why are they holding us back?(see jagmeets, and the crowds, chants election night on taxing the rich) Are we not all equal? It's pure hypocrisy coming at us, in my eyes. Nobody protects the poor, it's only loan sharking when interest rates charged hit 60%. There's no help up only handout from Peter to Paul. We are lost until we crash and reset, regardless the border. Im not sure seperation alone will fix what's ailing us, neither will remaining in the current situation, it's deeper.

Comment

So 4 provinces separate.Which has been said can happen but as easy as walking across the Rockys barefoot.pretty soon 1 of those provinces unhappy about supporting the other 3.It separates.?? Then maybe parts of that province is tired of supporting the rest of the province.It separates??The point is even in the west most people benefit from outside money coming into their area they live in.If Westix runs candidates in the next election who's seats do you think they will take ?

Comment

So I learned something the other day. Separation and independence are two different things.

Separation appears to be impossible mostly due to the native land claims that would arise and that the other provinces would have to permit our departure. Incredible messy like Brexit is.

Independence is a different story. By virtue of rights granted to Quebec the same can be conferred on AB.

That means Ab can opt out of CPP and administer its own program. That would make CPP much more expensive for the ROC. A referendum on equalization will open negotiations on that and the formula itself can be tweaked without a constitutional fight.

An independent AB would have more autonomy to negotiate directly with the US without the feds. If Quebec can negotiate deals with California directly then so can AB.

Lots can be done. Just waiting for someone to do it.

Comment

You wrote your ‘paper’, for us MACDON02. Thank you.

And it’s so clear. Thoughtful. And meaningful. Only the few could disagree.

You define the important things that bonds citizens. You validated the generational values that allows and enables a people to grow successfully. Validation.

Today, we watch, worldwide, newcomers reject the very values that created the success in the country in which they choose to live. Instead, they automaticlly preach the ideas they were taught as children; those
            same Ideas from the very country they chose to desert, leave, or escape from.

Validation. Pars.

Comment

Newguy, Does divorcing a country mean incompatible values. Will the future no longer be mere incompatibility, but a clash. Violence. Civil war. Subjugation. Genocide.

What do you see in ten years? I watch Sweden. And Swedes. South Africa. Pars

Comment

Jazz, I thought about your words, “Incredible messy like Brexit is.”

It is messy. Norway understood how messy it was. But their values led them out.

Independence is messy too. And like separation, Independence is costly because it costs your time. There is no one person who will do it for you. The folly lies in this:

........>”Just waiting for someone to do it”
                Pars

Comment

Looks interesting:

https://freedomtalk.ca/2019-nov-seventh-essentials-of-freedom-conference/

Comment

I have already bought some merchandise from the wexit store but am waiting till they register a federal party to donate cash. Then it should be tax deductible, kind of kill to birds with one stone. The NDP already mortgaged the house for the last election.
                    Last edited by 6V53; Nov 6, 2019, 11:51.

Comment

I don’t know if conditions are such yet that separation would have enough support to be a go. Other words it’s got to get worse before the sheeple will switch sides. The majority of people doesn’t mean shit all. The American Revolution was only supported by 30% of the people. There is an active portion of the population and ones that just go along with whatever. I’ve come to realize that in society in general. Any change that happens will hopefully come from an active, better educated, and well heeled group. I am more for an independent west not a separate one at this time. Precedent was set with Quebec and if our western leaders had the will and gonads to they would set forth to attain the same treatment Quebec gets. As it stands our western leaders ruminate and bitch about alienation but don’t do anything. Actions speak louder than words. We don’t need to separate our leaders need to grow a set.

Comment

But you always have to have the hammer with the threat of separation....these guys (Moe and Kenney ) are poor negotiators....starting with the fact they think Scheer would have made the difference to western Canada....and they started after the election which made them look bitter....

FFS

Comment

lots of other things to try first that should shake it up

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/columnists/braid-alberta-pension-a-serious-idea-that-would-flip-out-the-feds/wcm/fcfc3300-452a-4458-a9c6-5845cf2699b9 Leaving the Canada Pension Plan could be Alberta’s next shot across Ottawa’s bow

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            But you always have to have the hammer with the threat of separation....these guys (Moe and Kenney ) are poor negotiators....starting with the fact they think Scheer would have made the difference to western Canada....and they started after the election which made them look bitter....

FFS
                            The leadership of CPC was doomed from the start, not that Scheers a bad guy but he got played by certain interest groups that turned on him anyway. Quebec dairy cartel influencing the leadership and then CPC gets no extra seats in Quebec. Hopefully we wont be fooled like that again.

Comment

Though I’m not Canadian find it all interesting both sides of argument.

Got me thinking if eastern Canadian provinces wanted to seperate probably be done in a flash 3 yrs done and dusted.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.