• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Godspeed John Husband - May you RIP

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Godspeed John Husband - May you RIP

https://www.everhere.com/ca/obituaries/sk/wawota/john-husband-9879253 LINK

It is with deep sorrow that we announce the death of John Husband (Wawota, Saskatchewan), who passed away on October 22, 2019, leaving to mourn family and friends. Family and friends can light a candle as a loving gesture for their loved one. Leave a sympathy message to the family in the guestbook on this memorial page of John Husband to show support.

A reception will be held on Saturday, October 26th 2019 from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM at the Wawota Town Hall (310 Railway Ave, Wawota, SK).

In lieu of flowers, memorial tributes may be made to the Moosomin & District Healthcare Foundation, Box 1470, Moosomin, S0G3N0 or to S. T. A. R. S. 2640 Airport Road, Regina, S4W 1A3, in memory of John.

Click image for larger version

Name:	husband.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	779216

John and Carol were tireless in their fight for change.
    Parsley has been a contributor here for longer than I have been here.

“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new” -Socrates

My deepest sympathies to Carol.

RIP John

Comment

Sad day, Parsley one of our dear friends. RIP John.

Comment

My condolences to Parsley and her family.

Comment

Condolences to Parsley, her family and their friends.

Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Condolences to Parsley, her family and their friends.

Take care.
            Thanks for the memories and encouragements! RIP John, Bless you Parsley, Condolences, My heart grieves with you.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Parsley, enjoys the memories and what you have accomplished together. My sincere condolences

Comment

Same from our family Parsley . Our deepest condolences .

Comment

With deepest sympathy Carol, as a couple you two were icons of the ag industry. Both of you had immense influence, & dedication to our industry. You two were a great couple, always contributing ideas, that made a difference in farm policy & programs, adding concepts to be considered, ideas to our thinking & one of the more interesting teams in Saskatchewan Agriculture

John will be missed by many but most by his community, his family and by you.

RIP John.

Comment

Thank you to all of you who sent me kind messages on Facebook & FB Messenger. And thru “Message” on twitter. And on Email. And on AV. And phone calls. And cards.

ALS is an insidious condition causing the muscles and neurons in your body to deteriorate. It sometimes starts from the waist down. In John’s particular case, it started from the waste up, initially showing symptoms in the hands, making it difficult to open a tight lid on a jar for me. He lost his speech completely but he could write me messages with a pen. His jaw continually went out of joint and had to be put back into joint again by a doctor, or he else he couldn’t chew his food. At one point, a surgeon in Brandon set his jaw and then taught me how to put a jaw back into place. It saved around fifty trips to a doctor, after the lesson. On a good session, I could set the jaw in one minute, and on a bad session three or four minutes. The ligaments in the jaw slid back and forth and required a dental procedure to stop the sliding, but even so the jaw often continued to go out of joint. The throat muscles cease to function and swallowing even water become a challenge. Choking is the growing constant issue, and constant coughing, with food particles entering the lungs. Weight loss is inevitable. His weight went down to 120 pounds.

Basically, the spark in the muscle that prompts the response from the muscle is absent because the DNA, for whatever reason, changes. And muscles simply atrophy. I followed quite a bit of research and the cause cannot be pinned down to anything specific. Most people develop ALS from the waist down, and they usually begin to trip, and fall, so those symptoms are more easily recognizable.

John stayed at home on the farm with me, and spent only 24 hours in the hospital before he succumbed to pneumonia along with the sixth bladder infection. I chose to share some of these details with you so that you might be a little more familiar with recognizing some symptoms in your own communities. Families. Even if you do, it’s 2019,and it’s incurable. But someday, research will be able to help someone else.

We never know how our lives will end, but will. Of that you can be sure.

Stay well, Yours, Pars.
                    Last edited by parsley; Nov 3, 2019, 01:33. Reason: Spieling

Comment

Had a farming friend who had MND thinking similar parsley If not the same.

Mid 40s all of a sudden lost his strength and mean in the space of a few weeks.

Was active still playing sport.

Saw him at a cricket game think October saw him in return match in feb and said to him geez mate you look like shit. Went on to explain mnd to me.

Lost speech lost weight he to stayed on the farm. 6 yrs on was reading a book in his favourite chair his wife said taking kids to school bus gone when she got back.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                        Had a farming friend who had MND thinking similar parsley If not the same.

Mid 40s all of a sudden lost his strength and mean in the space of a few weeks.

Was active still playing sport.

Saw him at a cricket game think October saw him in return match in feb and said to him geez mate you look like shit. Went on to explain mnd to me.

Lost speech lost weight he to stayed on the farm. 6 yrs on was reading a book in his favourite chair his wife said taking kids to school bus gone when she got back.
                        It’s a part of the same condition Mallee:

“According to ICD-11, the following disorders are counted among motor neuron diseases: amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), progressive bulbar palsy (PBP), pseudobulbar palsy, progressive muscular atrophy (PMA), primary lateral sclerosis (PLS), and monomelic amyotrophy (MMA), as well as some rarer variants resembling ALS.”

John continued to walk and drive on the farm until he entered the hospital.

Comment

What an indescribably difficult time of caring and loss. My deepest condolences to you.

Comment

Life isn't always fair.
                            Watching a friend with ALS go down hill this past year. Humbling to say the least. Appears to be affecting him all over.
                            A lot of respect for loved ones who home care. Time to care for yourself now.

Comment

On the topic of ALS, I had an acquaintance who was also a friend of my neighbor who was diagnosed the ALS. He lived his life to the fullest as long as he could. He was single, predeceased by his parents and estranged from his siblings. I never saw him much but what shocked me was how he decided to "manage" the final stages of ALS as it progressed and would have made life difficult. He opted for Dr. Assisted Suicide, I was shocked and taken aback! I didn't know it was really an option, I knew it was talked about and challenged but didn't think it was possible. He just wanted to "check out" while there was still a bit of quality of life and avoid the difficult final stages.

To each their own....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.