• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hit the Wall

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit the Wall

Well all canola left out around here is going to be a battle. goes from 14% to can't even get the meter to zero.
    Getting wore out moving grain three times, but at least it's moving.
    When the going gets tough....I wish I was as tough as these ladybugs. Went through the combine,dryer and four trips through augers unscathed
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ladybug.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	779213
    Last edited by farming101; Oct 19, 2019, 22:14.

Looks a little toasted to me

Days here of good combining very short, nothing really dry.

Glad we are close to done.

One bin from last week already has started heating in the yard, going to be an effort to keep this crop from spoiling.

Comment

Got the flax done, thank God, that's enough rattling and banging. Bonus is each bin should average dry on it's own.
      After an Iron Maiden surprise starting glitch we were able to get onto the swathed wheat, lost a couple of hours. 14.6-15.1 moisture.
      After a difficult harvest I am beginning to feel pretty thankful to get the flax dry and the feed wheat very acceptable. We missed a couple of small showers that didnt set us back. If the Iron Maiden holds up we should he done in two days. Maybe even get the flax straw burned before the forecasted change in weather. We got a start on it already, sure don't like ANYTHING about flax straw. Why doesn't someone make environmentally friendly biodegradable landscape fabric from it?

Comment

Flax straw sure has BTU’s when it burns. My father always said we should be feeding an underground furnace with flax bales.

Comment

If we can finish on Monday, there will have been 73 days from start to finish for our harvest. A local Comedian said it's taking as long to harvest this crop as it did to grow it!

Comment

The fat lady I am afraid has sung in the peace, I can't begin to think what's left out. The ironed up cashed up people aren't done.

Comment

Started snowing here tonight after raining for a bit. Forecast was clear and good till Tuesday but they threw a possibility of this crap in this afternoon. If this didn’t get us then we could be wrapped up in two loooooong a$$ days. Finished baling straw today as we got enough so the rest gets chopped which is nice to cross one thing off the list.

The dust cloud is deceptive for 25% moisture due to multiple stages of growth.

Moved some pairs to fresh grass and they figured it out quickly and moved themselves. Nice when that happens. Got a couple quarters that were planned to be baled but will be grazed instead since the weather has been so crummy and looks worse going forward.

Good luck everyone. Our wet bin has to be completely emptied every four days or bad things start happening.

Comment

5 days left and it does not sound good for Tuesday and after.
                Was farming easier before the smartphone and long range forecasts???

Comment

Working away on alfalfa. The humidity is a killer. Below 50% and it combines real nice. Above 50 and it won’t thrash, tough grinding and high return and un thrashed pods in the tank. The time spent below 50% humidity could be measured in hours this fall!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.