• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost Semi Driver

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Semi Driver

So, yesterday we are combining way south of 33 highway- middle of the Wascana Flats, no real roads to speak of and outta the blue I notice a guy running like crazy down the dirt trail a half mile to talk to me. All he could say is, “sexity two two”, over and over again. The guy could not speak English and was a lost semi driver. He phoned his boss and I had to talk to his boss, who also had a heavy accent. It turns out the truck was carrying fiber optic cable to a new mine site, so the driver was only 10 mile off-target. He had never been on a dirt road, couldn’t turn a corner. Good grief- how do you get an A1 license when you can’t speak English? You can’t read a sign? You can’t read a map? You can’t drive a truck?

Left wing government?

Comment

Drive the number one highway and look across to who is driving semis...very few white people...

Usually two towels in a truck...

Comment

Very low margin businesses that can support a chain of people up and down.
        All the truck schools in Edmonton are now owned by English as second language. My guy was given copied course work we couldn't read.
        Before that their own shops and mechanics. All couriers for a while now. All mail contracts forever. What's next? Their own DOT?

Don't forget some are great.
        Last time I helped out a situation, they were clueless, helpless, stuck in snow.
        Won't do that again, not even a thanks.
        Shithole countries.
        Just remember, no one else wants to work for labourer wages.
        Last edited by blackpowder; Oct 18, 2019, 07:30.

Comment

We should all be reporting these bad drivers if they aren’t qualified to drive. Witnessed a trucker with a 53’ box trailer backing up on a speed curve a month ago.......(he had a turban).

Western Producer had an editorial a few months ago regarding the Punjabi gravel hauling culture in the western prairies. They had a positive review and highlighted the hard work and long hours.
          (Not sure how this editorial was agriculture related.)

Comment

This stupid Ipad is now double-posting, sorry.Gotta re-boot.

Comment

I would have explained to him, using lots of frantic finger pointing and arm waving, that his boss told me to tell him to unhook and hook onto your grain trailer and go back and forth from the combine to the bin until he runs low on fuel.

Comment

I think ya missed a chance to send him down a road to nowhere.

Comment

Yeah, completely taking over transport industry. Where does all the money come from? Not the drivers for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    Very low margin businesses that can support a chain of people up and down.
                    All the truck schools in Edmonton are now owned by English as second language. My guy was given copied course work we couldn't read.
                    Before that their own shops and mechanics. All couriers for a while now. All mail contracts forever. What's next? Their own DOT?

Don't forget some are great.
                    Last time I helped out a situation, they were clueless, helpless, stuck in snow.
                    Won't do that again, not even a thanks.
                    Shithole countries.
                    Just remember, no one else wants to work for labourer wages.
                    They DO have their own DOT's... In Canada, they play as dumb as possible, and White DOT's are scared shitless of getting accused or racism! They rarely touch them!

Now... Go to the states and try the same thing they do up here? I witnessed it at the Sage weigh scale north of Idaho Falls. Two Indian(dots not feathers) fellows were called into the pen and asked for papers, log books, etc, while another fellow crawled from front to back on the truck and trailer. They refused to talk in English.

The DOT, who by the way has a .45 or 9mm glued to his hip and takes ZERO bullshit, straight up tells them they have two choices. They can either start talking english and answer his questions, or they can head straight to the county jail! It was amazing how quickly they were able to switch from their home dialect, to english when they were threatened with prison!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      ..... All he could say is, “sexity two two”, over and over again.....
                      Were you combining in your tutu again sumdum?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.