• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case combines

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case combines

OK case guys, skill testing time. Why does my canola sample stay nice and clean and then get absolutely terrible and it is really hard to get back to acceptable. 5 to 7 year old 8120s and 8230. Swathed canola

Is it due to the variability of the canola with riper and less ripe straw?

Dryer stems breaking up more?

Comment

overloading sieves try to slow down rotor

Comment

Perhaps a wet or uncured patch of swath, maybe from picking up a swath driven over by the swather.
        Hows your wind setting, I know I use a lot more wind now than years back, especially if the straw/stems are really breaking up. Did you try opening the concave a little more to reduce the amount of smalls?

Comment

Kill stall when clean and again when dirty. That should tell you what is going on.

Comment

Whats in them for concaves
            What are your settings?
            Big or small rotor ?
            Dryer the straw makes it worse ?
            Straight or swathed?
            Last edited by Guest; Oct 17, 2019, 19:44.

Comment

Leave sieves and fan set for wheat,open concave and play with rotor speed. Never tried but could be static electricity on the sieves.
              Last edited by 6V53; Oct 17, 2019, 20:35.

Comment

Case concaves, 750 rotor, 800 fan, concave at20, 12 top 6 bottom, dry ripe straw. Big tube rotor.

Comment

Stupid question, hard thresh kits out?

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
                    Case concaves, 750 rotor, 800 fan, concave at20, 12 top 6 bottom, dry ripe straw. Big tube rotor.
                    Bottom 12
                    Top 10

Seems backwards but has always worked for us.

Comment

Dick comment.

How bad is it?
                      If you're not throwing a bunch out....
                      Pods don't weigh up.
                      It's past the Ides of October....get er in the bin.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                        Bottom 12
                        Top 10

Seems backwards but has always worked for us.
                        We run the same , small tube rotor 9240
                        For whatever reason , it seems strange , but that air system and sieves seems to perform well with that set up

Comment

If it's the same as NewHolland, it's just tougher early in the day, pods dont overload the sieves, and they roll out the rotor tubes. Day goes on, we overload the sieves, have to slow down and pods in the tank. In the evening goes back to a clean sample, as it gets tough again.
                          I heard the MAD concave guys use a bit different philosophy kn combining canola, but we haven't tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Templeboy View Post
                            If it's the same as NewHolland, it's just tougher early in the day, pods dont overload the sieves, and they roll out the rotor tubes. Day goes on, we overload the sieves, have to slow down and pods in the tank. In the evening goes back to a clean sample, as it gets tough again.
                            I heard the MAD concave guys use a bit different philosophy kn combining canola, but we haven't tried.
                            I really like the MADS 👍👍

Comment

I think the big tube rotor is more consistent in canola, small tube you are forever changing settings throught the day. likely overloading sieves with overthrashed material, swaths are probably shattering into dust. i found keeping the bottom open more and closing the top helps, slow the feder house down to match travel speed, almost completley close the presieve, slow the rotor right down, fan speed at least 650 and slow down. If you get too much falling thru the top, you could be getting MOG and seed falling into the fan slowing air flow. get a drop pan to test for loss out back.
                              Last edited by MBgrower; Oct 18, 2019, 05:40.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...