• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coalition

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What could go wrong with a ultra-leftist coalition?

Comment

Isn't the CPC born of a coalition ? Did it turn out so bad we should be afraid of another one?

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
        Isn't the CPC born of a coalition ? Did it turn out so bad we should be afraid of another one?
        Didn't they present that coàlition to the electorate to vote for....not some rag-tag coalition to form a government after an election?, in which after a defeat the coalition parties go their own way?

Comment

Do you think Trudeau, with Singh as finance minister and possibly May as environment minister would be devastating for the country?

What would they do for the GDP of Western Canada?
          Last edited by Oliver88; Oct 15, 2019, 06:48.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Conservatives made a huge mistake by putting Scheer in there .
            A smart educated woman would have moped the floor with a landslide win
            Rona Ambrose would have been good in this spot , but.....

Comment

If the three leaders want to join and run as one party that would be legitimate. IMO.

Simply start the campaign pledging that they would form a coalition government would be a close second. But to deny they are going to form one ahead of the vote and quickly assemble one after is more lies.
              Last edited by LEP; Oct 15, 2019, 07:43.

Comment

What about the cons and libs working togeather. That may be better for the country than giving the swing vote to the greens or NDP. It's hard to admit if you support either cons or libs but reality is they really aren't that different on core policies, cons just marginally better with tax dollars. Anyone who thinks there is a right of center political choice in this country is sadly mistaken.

Comment

Canada would look like a tire with a gaping hole in the middle if Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba sent their allegiances south. I could see Trump putting a trunk line right about Drumheller. There-landlocked no more!

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                    What about the cons and libs working togeather. That may be better for the country than giving the swing vote to the greens or NDP. It's hard to admit if you support either cons or libs but reality is they really aren't that different on core policies, cons just marginally better with tax dollars. Anyone who thinks there is a right of center political choice in this country is sadly mistaken.
                    They may not be that different right now, but we just lived through 4 years of a far-left liberal government. And now they take a step to the center?

Comment

The problem is everyone is thinking only 4 years ....trudeau in the whole scheme of things will be a blip in Canada's history....one we can learn from hopefully....

There is no guarantee Scheer will be any better....may just be another blip....

One thing is for sure though ....agriculture will continue to be completely ignored in Western Canada by all levels of government until we get real leadership at the farm level...

And the fact that people keep saying to get involved might slowly be the motivation to be a factor in doing just that....sort of sick of zero ideas as to help a prominent industry in this country that has ties to every other industry getting government support...

So the longer you analyze this ...farmers are using up equity to stay viable while industry that is backed by investors get government money for their shareholders...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        So the longer you analyze this ...farmers are using up equity to stay viable while industry that is backed by investors get government money for their shareholders...
                        so much truth there,,, I don't know whether I can handle anymore truth.
                        Why should I keep doing this effing job any longer !

Comment

This isn't the Liberal party of old. This party is a blend of the green party and ndp.

Whatever it takes, so Trudeau can get his hand in the cookie jar.

Comment

Too much taken for granted in primary Ag production and not enough of the right people are hungry.

I ask myself, after a harvest like this who would voluntarily want to do this? And has anyone heard a whisper of Ag policy during this campaign? What's the difference? It's all just fücking lip service anyway! .....never resulting in a "happy ending"!

I think some of the climate strategies of parties will only make farming more difficult and expensive, without any recognition of the contribution we're making with modern practices and emission controlled equipment. What an abused position the Primary Producer is in. Do railways run emission controlled power units? DEF? EGR? After burner particulate filters? I don't know and am just asking. But ram the expensive maintenance technology down our throats? Its government policy!

Comment

Anyone who thinks there is a right of center political choice in this country is sadly mistaken.
                              There can't be one, no one would vote for them. If we operated like government.... It's like saying you're manage your affairs wrong, because they don't operate prudently and responsibly.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                                This isn't the Liberal party of old. This party is a blend of the green party and ndp.
                                True but it's also not the conservative party of old either. The entire political system (and country) has taken a giant step to the left. At this point a vote for the PPC is just a gift for the Liberals, but hopefully long term an actual right wing party will once again be a viable option in Canada.

I already voted, for our Conservative encumbant ( since we didnt have a Bloc candidate, lol). Advance polls have been busy, saw a news clip about how busy they were on campus and that scares me if the young are coming out in large numbers. I hope the older experienced generations are not complacent and stay at home, I think that's party what happened in 2015.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.