• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Western Producer....?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Western Producer....?????

Don't you guys think it would be wise to interview the federal candidates in the rural ridings of western canada?????

Maybe get a feel for some of the guy's thinking from Ottawa since they can't think on behalf of their constituents...

In my riding I’ve literally seen one sign up for the PCs and nothing for the rest. There used to be mail sent out explaining who each candidate is of each party .... nothing now.
    Besides wanting to get rid of the Joker what’s really the point of voting? All the parties know how the rural vote will go so what’s the point of spending money on signs, etc.
    Would be nice to even know what theses people look like.
    Far as Ag goes there never has been talk about it ever. “Programs are in place which we fill are adequate enough to withstand a downturn” is all we hear.

Comment

Sadly in grasslands we get another cardboard cutout for a conservative MP....and paying it a 100grand a year...sorry 172,000 a year...

Jesus H. Christ.... the Dreeshens have hit the mother load of subsidy to their farm....172000 plus 180000....350000 for the farm ...I guess the programs are working for some...
      Last edited by bucket; Oct 14, 2019, 08:21.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Sadly in grasslands we get another cardboard cutout for a conservative MP....and paying it a 100grand a year...sorry 172,000 a year...

Jesus H. Christ.... the Dreeshens have hit the mother load of subsidy to their farm....172000 plus 180000....350000 for the farm ...I guess the programs are working for some...
        Again Bucket your welcome to put your name forward. Also Earl and Devin are and have done a great job. I know I wouldnt quit my farm for $180k salary or even double that. Even with a gold plated pension. Don’t forget 40-50% of the salary goes up in taxes. What taxes do you pay on your farm compared to a salaried job somewhere. How much stuff do you write off. Do the math writing off your vehicle is literally paying half as someone who pays tax paid dollars to buy their vehicle.

Comment

Always the answer ...put my name forward....I guess people in office don't understand English. ...written or in talking to them....

Heard that nonsense talking to the pc candidate's manager. ...I asked if she didn't understand English. ...

Comment

Devin dreeshen worked in Ritz's office while they were gutting ag support and so called business risk management. ....yup great job he did....

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
              Again Bucket your welcome to put your name forward. Also Earl and Devin are and have done a great job. I know I wouldnt quit my farm for $180k salary or even double that. Even with a gold plated pension. Don’t forget 40-50% of the salary goes up in taxes. What taxes do you pay on your farm compared to a salaried job somewhere. How much stuff do you write off. Do the math writing off your vehicle is literally paying half as someone who pays tax paid dollars to buy their vehicle.
              Still need a personal vehicle on the farm. If you don’t have one then ur part of the problem. No wonder they crack down on farmers.

Comment

No different for write offs than any other self employed (plumber, contractor, trucker) person can claim. My wife’s uncle is a foreman for a excavating outfit in Edmonton and regularly gets to use the company’s season box seats for the oilers which is $80k a year. Advertising and promotion is a very generic category for financial statements.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Devin dreeshen worked in Ritz's office while they were gutting ag support and so called business risk management. ....yup great job he did....
                  Winnipeg Free Press:

The Saudis acquired a major stake in the former Canadian Wheat Board to form Global Grain Group, known as "G3" in 2015.

"It's difficult for a private company to compete against the likes of a foreign government and that's what we do," said Paterson, who produced copies of a memo from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman and all Saudi government ministries and agencies.

According to the Government of Canada translation bureau, the letter dated Aug. 6, 2018, is in response to Canada calling for the release of jailed civil society activists. The "Supreme Orders" advise all Saudi agencies and branches to "make sure you do not commit to any new commercial transactions with Canadian companies" and to try and put an end to existing ones.

Canadian farmers are part owners of the company, said Paterson, who noted a Conservative government paved the way for G3 with the dissolution of the Canadian Wheat Board. He wants to know how Canadian farmers feel about G3's directive not to do business with Canadian companies.

"The farmers need a reckoning for their investment," said Paterson. "There's no public accounting for their investment."

Better yet, who were the ***** morons behind getting Ritz elected to the Hall of Fame?

Comment

Pick me...pick me....I am waving my hand Mr. Weber. ...let me answer the question....and do I get a prize....

It was the WCWGA...that helped yerry get to the hall of fame...and by extension it's probably payback from that organization's sponsors.....

That oughta open up a good discussion...

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                      Winnipeg Free Press:

The Saudis acquired a major stake in the former Canadian Wheat Board to form Global Grain Group, known as "G3" in 2015.

"It's difficult for a private company to compete against the likes of a foreign government and that's what we do," said Paterson, who produced copies of a memo from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman and all Saudi government ministries and agencies.

According to the Government of Canada translation bureau, the letter dated Aug. 6, 2018, is in response to Canada calling for the release of jailed civil society activists. The "Supreme Orders" advise all Saudi agencies and branches to "make sure you do not commit to any new commercial transactions with Canadian companies" and to try and put an end to existing ones.

Canadian farmers are part owners of the company, said Paterson, who noted a Conservative government paved the way for G3 with the dissolution of the Canadian Wheat Board. He wants to know how Canadian farmers feel about G3's directive not to do business with Canadian companies.

"The farmers need a reckoning for their investment," said Paterson. "There's no public accounting for their investment."

Better yet, who were the ***** morons behind getting Ritz elected to the Hall of Fame?
                      I will agree he was a bird brain just like his pets on his hobby farm

Comment

How much does the average salaried person contribute to the wealth of a nation ...
                        think about that

Comment

Yup that 40 million dollars that the Russian steel company received in Regina didn't go towards wages or keeping some guys employed to buy a new truck ...if that is where we are going with this....or how about AGT's 117 million that mostly went to help fat boy buy back his own company or payback some Fairfax shareholders....

When you decide to justify your phucking stupid arguments just think how many handouts there are and then start taking it back to what their vehicle expense are....

Oh and Trudeau and Scheer are promising tax breaks to reduce home emissions ...where are the Dreeshens when they should be asking for the same type of tax breaks on lower emission tractor combines and sprayers????

or the 10 per cent CMHC help when buying a home....years ago I suggested doing that with farmland and was completely ignored by APAS and MPs I suggested it to...

And you forgot to mention their pension and expenses that are allowed...

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            How much does the average salaried person contribute to the wealth of a nation ...
                            think about that
                            My base pay salary is $135,000 per year.

I lose 40% or $54,000 right of the top with no tax break or way to write anything off.

Think about that !!

Comment

Originally posted by Saskpraireboy View Post
                              My base pay salary is $135,000 per year.

I lose 40% or $54,000 right of the top with no tax break or way to write anything off.

Think about that !!
                              I lost more than $135000 on quality downgrades....in the last month and a half....

Think about that....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...