• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plugged lexion

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure why gets ga ga over the Case reverser? I have run Case Combines since 2004 and neither my girls or me have ever plugged one. The odd time the feeder house has to be reversed

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
      I am not sure why gets ga ga over the Case reverser? I have run Case Combines since 2004 and neither my girls or me have ever plugged one. The odd time the feeder house has to be reversed
      then you don't know how fast you could of went

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        Or been in a 160-180bushel oat crop with green wet straw.

Comment

No I guess not but what we do is try to find that sweet spot where our loss is low and that usually at about 75% engine power. Seems to work for us.

Comment

Although up until this year I thought the same as you regarding the reversible rotor on the case...why is it even needed if you can never plug it? lol Boy is it nice when you actually do need it!

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
              Or been in a 160-180bushel oat crop with green wet straw.
              Actually I have had more than one heavy green wet oat crops over the years and know how tough they can be!

Comment

Going zero is a bummer even if it is to reverse a slug. Don't get me wrong, reversers are why some guys are still farming. They're great inventions. If they work as designed even better.

Unplugging one straw at a time is a good reason not to push past the limits

When you see a pile of trouble ahead(sometimes you don't) and wonder whether it will go through or not, lift up the header, drive over the said pile with the big wheel and don't look back

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                  Going zero is a bummer even if it is to reverse a slug. Don't get me wrong, reversers are why some guys are still farming. They're great inventions. If they work as designed even better.

Unplugging one straw at a time is a good reason not to push past the limits

When you see a pile of trouble ahead(sometimes you don't) and wonder whether it will go through or not, lift up the header, drive over the said pile with the big wheel and don't look back
                  Especially when the harvest window is closing.....which it is.

Harvest weather is now too valuable to waste time.

I woulď do some soul searching after this harvest, if I had one.
                  This has been the most difficult harvest in my farming career, even harder than trying to keep two used 850 Masseys in the field when I was younger. Why anyone would voluntarily do this for a living baffles me some days. It's probably always been this way but the amount of capital at risk is staggering and the mental anguish and stress immeasurable. My veneer of serenity is wearing thin, it's not pretty what's under the surface.

We are making progress but would like to string more than a couple of days together. Canola done, mustard done, some swathed wheat left(yikes). Doing flax yesterday, things going well until flax was wrapping around the MacDon flex d****r auger. Happening too much so dropped that header and put on the pick-up header and swathed ahead of the combine....poor Iron Maiden was rumbling too much....we quit instead of wrecking something, at least we tried.....crop had frost crystals on it. I wish the grain graders and buyers could experience this, maybe they would understand the cynicism!

A friend of mine had his brother-in-law tell him winter time was for healing farmers.... but this harvest will leave a scar.

Comment

Was timely topic as , I finished
                    Canola yesterday. And went back
                    To clean up some spots skipped
                    Over the first go.
                    Should have went to bed instead.
                    Plugged cylinder and APS.
                    An hour to unplug.this am.
                    Actually was not bad this time.
                    Nothing broken , nothing smoked.

Hard to say what brand
                    A lot of newhollands 9070s
                    An up around here. They seem to get a lot done. Even if upkeep
                    May be high.
                    Mine is an older lex 08 570r,
                    Does a good job ,but
                    A fair # of annoying things.
                    Maybe they have fixed some of them on the new ones.
                    But I a not spending 600 on a new one

Comment

I've been running Case combines so no problems unplugging for me (actually ive only used the deslug feature 3 or 4 times over the last serval years, usually feeder house plugs first), but anyways, i recall this fellow from MB sells a hydro rotor reverser for NH and Class.

any one tried one?

https://www.arnoldinnovations.ca/

Comment

I know one thing , once you have a rotor reverser, you wont want a combine without one

Comment

I know one thing , once you have a rotor reverser, you wont want a combine without one
                          Wouldn't most rotor combine brands have them.
                          Haven't plugged the 9565 yet. The rotor anyway. And they have one hell of a feederhouse on them.
                          I don't know why people are afraid of them, MF was once King in the field, poor company ownership and management ruined their reign. I doubt they will ever regain their position or move up the ranks, in fourth place behind JD, Case, and NH. Maybe even behind Claas Lexion by now.

wiseguy?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            Haven't plugged the 9565 yet. The rotor anyway. And they have one hell of a feederhouse on them.
                            I don't know why people are afraid of them, MF was once King in the field, poor company ownership and management ruined their reign. I doubt they will ever regain their position or move up the ranks, in fourth place behind JD, Case, and NH. Maybe even behind Claas Lexion by now.

wiseguy?
                            And since the subject of the thread is plugging and unplugging, it is worth noting that MF/White was ahead of the competition by decades with their hydraulic rotor reverser. Not sure if White ever brought it to market, or only developed the hyd drive, which MF brought to market?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              And since the subject of the thread is plugging and unplugging, it is worth noting that MF/White was ahead of the competition by decades with their hydraulic rotor reverser. Not sure if White ever brought it to market, or only developed the hyd drive, which MF brought to market?
                              Back to rotor drive belts on the new series with mechanical reverser(driven hydraulically). Like a starter/ring gear configuration, but not engaging like a solenoid engaged starter. The two are on the same plain and are meshed when the driven gear is pulled to the other gear by a small hydraulic cylinder. Hope I never have to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

wiseguy?
                                JD, Lexion and NH don't have
                                Now Im not sure about lexion , do they have ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...