• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	59218890759__CB0AF250-5782-4950-A9EB-1D754B30F404.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	779201

Well, the above photo probably describes the last seven days of our harvest. We had rain last Thursday then mist on Friday and Fog Saturday till noon or later. Sunday we went tough but did a flat few fields of Wheat. Monday the crew arrived, and we went like a ****d ape. Then the Fire happened at Sundown and the next hour or two kinds of ****ed that up. Tuesday we started early and did get two done, but rain hit at 2. We harvested in mist and snow showers till 4:30 when we finished the fields down south and headed home in a snowstorm. Wednesday we woke up to snow.

What a ****ing harvest.

Were at 30% done as of this morning and we still have a little bit of Snow on swaths and in standing crop. Let's hope this cold blast changes the picture or were at a couple of million-dollar or more loss — Yea what a great job we have as farmers.

Hrs did get down to dry just before the fire. 14.6 and yield are great. But the grade is not in top two let's say. Falling number is good. So who knows. Some fields that missed snow event one are standing nice. Others a mile away are flat. Seed AC BRANDON is harvested. So far all wheat has to be put through the dryer and same with barley. Peas weren't We still have lots of HRS to go and will start on it first as the dryer is cooking every day. AT one point we will switch to swath Canola. Most have all Cereals still out and are slowly picking away one field at a time — North in the 6 in more rain its just ugly.

Name:	oc7vrOMeR8+zP+9RLRrmZQ.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	779202

Flat wheat. Green is the shelled grain from sprayer tracks.

Name:	O11353dhS3y9Di%vMr7Yqw.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	779203

Barley is all harvested in the area. Fields left standing or swath have been abandoned. They are, growing and some in the three-leaf stage. ****ed.

Oats is coming off some exceptional yields in old flats that weren't seeded for years. Others are ok — lots of shelling now.

Flax is getting cleaned up if sprayed or just salvaged to remove and quit having to look at these fields.

Durum is still out in a lot of the area and getting picked at similar to wheat.

Lentils and peas are done or abandoned, or even some are raking and taking whatever they can when the sun comes out.

So what do you do when it snows. Dry the **** out of the soil for next year and Kelly the pea trash into the soil.

Name:	bdW0hE4IQ+6Ni8PjISRo%w.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	779204

Pastures are up to speed and sloughs are filling. Green feed froze badly never got rolled up.
    Continued.

Canola. What can I say something funny is happening in our area — straight cut vs Swath.

Swaths and Direct cut have similar amounts of snow in fields. Flat areas are covered, and one side of swath has snow. But its the seed colour change.

Name:	P+W6zsX5Sxe3ORaHDlnxfw.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	769014

Standing and seed from

Name:	EiE6AmHHTKivIb2+TCttVg.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	769015

Name:	Pk4yaosaQY+IDu8tRRfb7A.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	769016

Swath seed

Name:	wT+lZvJqTtCqieJGCExgvA.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	769017

You be the judge both were swath and sprayed the same day.

It's a management tool. I love pod shatter it has a place.

Comment

Ok is it just me or is the media trying real hard to elect the fool again? I guess spending good money on stupid things does pay off. Maybe for this farmer that new boat will work in a fall like that is similar.

I ask the question again.

Looking at everything our PM has done and acts how can anyone with a brain cell think this is an honourable man and should be given four more years.

Name:	IMG_6235.jpg
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	769018

Ontario, Quebec and Vancouver wake the **** up.

Comment

Photos from the week.

The fire was on the Fendt, and it is done. We are down to 3 combines for a while.

Drew has some good news starting Sunday it looks like ten days or more of not bad weather. HAHAHAHA I hope he is true I'm so sick of Rain, snow FOG Sleet. What ever.

Name:	Im9q5PaCSlqOuz6IOaV4dw.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	769019

Name:	g2HvA7UfTYGEz+AlMMKnDQ.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	769020

Name:	epylrEBuR%O2oVzWo8NDFw.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	769021

Name:	5sImz8iNSNyou31nKUHeXA.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	769022

Ok to sum up the crop report.

I find it funny that Manitoba AG finally is realizing that the harvest isn't as fast as they were bragging a few weeks ago. Curious how rain snow etc. can **** things up.

Maybe Sask Crap report will say something about the harvest delay and not sugar coat it.

Again our area is probably one of the worst, and we did gain a small amount, but every single farm has tough grain, and everything under the sun is being used to try to dry it. Did hear of one bin that's not doing so good any more. If it flows it goes does work but shit can go sideways real fast. We run out of gas every two days even if we book for the truck to be back every two days. So you miss one day to catch up drying every three days.

Were lucky with our dryer but wish I would have bought the big one we priced at Farm Progress show.

Were into thanks Giving weekend and like always I celebrate the USA thanks Giving as were never done.

I am getting too old for this shit.

Talk to your neighbours and friends and family. Hell, I went to a movie with my wife last night and a few drinks and feel better today. So talk please and remember then ones at home are way more important than this ****ing Crop.

Comment

At 84% done.
          Standing wht left that will not get under 19.
          Dryer is 10 days behind.
          Need one twice the size next yr.
          No warm temps insite..guess we keep going and freeze the Wht until the dryer can get to it.
          This harvest is aging us all more than we think.
          Try to stay positive as I am sure we will soon wake from this bad dream.

Comment

[QUOTE=SASKFARMER;427042]Ok is it just me or is the media trying real hard to elect the fool again?

No it is not just you, the media is unabashedly trying to elect Trudope.....The Media.....such an honourable group of people that care for the well being of the Country 🤮. Puke!

Fact: 1/2 of everything media says is a lie or false. The other 1/2 is suspect and agenda driven....and that includes the garbage Ag Media as well.

Comment

So far we had 7 days to harvest since August.

Comment

Decisions getting easier here as this is our fourth year of it.
                Expect the worst, hope for better.

Almost half done here. Switching to canola for a couple days as won't take wheat above 19 yet, and it's supposed to be dry now till Monday.

Comment

[QUOTE=Crestliner;427050]
                  Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  Ok is it just me or is the media trying real hard to elect the fool again?

No it is not just you, the media is unabashedly trying to elect Trudope.....The Media.....such an honourable group of people that care for the well being of the Country 🤮. Puke!

Fact: 1/2 of everything media says is a lie or false. The other 1/2 is suspect and agenda driven....and that includes the garbage Ag Media as well.
                  $600,000,000 ......

Comment

Other than the 130 acres of "decent" mustard left to get, we aren't chasing quality anymore! I just WANT this crop off the field now! Hard to get excited about harvesting flax that looks like this.....

Name:	20191010_072227.jpg
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	769023

Dry is probably no longer attainable either, but the day we did the all-nighter was very low humidity during the day with a decent temp and wind....so it can happen!

Comment

Just over half done. Standing wheat and canola left. Never get more than 2 days in a row. Was talking to a neighbor a couple days ago, he made an interesting point, 5 years nobody even thought of needing a grain dryer. Today in my area the outliers don't have a grain dryer. Yields on wheat roughly 2-3 bushels per acre higher than last year. Did our first bit of canola yesterday, it was swathed which was a good decision this year, looks to be yielding better than last year. Forecast for here calls for rain and snow on Sunday hope they are wrong.

Comment

Fixing the 830 today and putting the sprayer away.

We’re done for the year.

Snow slowly melting no harvest till maybe Saturday if we get some kind of melt going on.

Then if it flows it goes.

Guys are starting to get very worried. Nothing has changed since August heat wave when the rain started as it pushed out. Every three to four days rain and lots.

Comment

We were actually very lucky as this bit of snow will evaporate today if we get a few degrees. It could have been much worse from what the satellite showed. The forecast lost its balmy 10 degrees but here’s hoping those swaths are dry-ish and we can suck em up. We usually are done first week of Sept and even by labour day but we’ve also seen a couple of falls like this that ended with an awesome Indian Summer. We never left a crop out and all we can do is our best not to try that on for size. Keep plugging and keep safe. Good news-the election is looking more promising every day. The poll say 70% won’t answer and I think that’s a good sign - verrrry gud! Because, if the electorate was satisfied- they’d know - agree?

Comment

We have peas, wheat and canola all done. Still alfalfa to do. Wheat samples are with the grain buyer so he can go over them with the bright lights and magnifying glass and then check falling number.
                            Next big job will be trying to fix the mess of ruts we left behind. Open for suggestions.

Comment

I am not sure how to get multiple pics up on the same post?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...