• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such nice soil that seems hard to farm.

Challenges of some sort everywhere.

Comment

Still snow In the shade need min 20 and wind

Comment

Loading last 20000 of tough for the dryer. Duck you Trudeau and your carbon tax.

Comment

Wish my 830 were electric start.
          Wow, LED lights. A little better than the 6 volts huh. Happy to have a moon back then.

Comment

The sun came out so got started on Alfalfa harvest. Yield looks decent just need the price to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
              The sun came out so got started on Alfalfa harvest. Yield looks decent just need the price to improve.
              Hasn't this stuff froze by now? That's not great feed is it?

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                We have peas, wheat and canola all done. Still alfalfa to do. Wheat samples are with the grain buyer so he can go over them with the bright lights and magnifying glass and then check falling number.
                Next big job will be trying to fix the mess of ruts we left behind. Open for suggestions.
                In the flood year 2/3 of our land looked just like that
                Brother said those ruts would haunt us for years
                We worked them at 8 mph with BG 50 ft with 2 “ spoons , then harrowed , then seeded
                I stopped seeding canola one day and phoned crop ins. Told them this shit would never grow , told them I’m losing the $100 to wet to seed , they said you have to seed if you can . Long story short , that was one of the best crops we ever had , ruts never bothered that year or ever . I was actually wearing knee pads from shop soil was so ****ed up , just chunks of hard knee breaking shit
                Anyways dont worry about those ruts

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Hasn't this stuff froze by now? That's not great feed is it?
                  Was sprayed with Reglone about 10 days ago and the frost is good to stop any new growth. Its a seed crop and that old dried up growth that is nothing more than ground up stocks.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                    Photos from the week.

The fire was on the Fendt, and it is done. We are down to 3 combines for a while.

Drew has some good news starting Sunday it looks like ten days or more of not bad weather. HAHAHAHA I hope he is true I'm so sick of Rain, snow FOG Sleet. What ever.

[ATTACH]5106[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5107[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5108[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5109[/ATTACH]

Ok to sum up the crop report.

I find it funny that Manitoba AG finally is realizing that the harvest isn't as fast as they were bragging a few weeks ago. Curious how rain snow etc. can **** things up.

Maybe Sask Crap report will say something about the harvest delay and not sugar coat it.

Again our area is probably one of the worst, and we did gain a small amount, but every single farm has tough grain, and everything under the sun is being used to try to dry it. Did hear of one bin that's not doing so good any more. If it flows it goes does work but shit can go sideways real fast. We run out of gas every two days even if we book for the truck to be back every two days. So you miss one day to catch up drying every three days.

Were lucky with our dryer but wish I would have bought the big one we priced at Farm Progress show.

Were into thanks Giving weekend and like always I celebrate the USA thanks Giving as were never done.

I am getting too old for this shit.

Talk to your neighbours and friends and family. Hell, I went to a movie with my wife last night and a few drinks and feel better today. So talk please and remember then ones at home are way more important than this ****ing Crop.
                    Was the fire on the fendt by the gearbox for the chopper?

Comment

The custom operators we use working elsewhere in Southern MB today - this is just the warm up before the next 30-50cm comes tomorrow. Yikes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUR0KywWbfM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3t q2VF2Jb76vfGBkjA1i9gIQDq7nfHOgd22LB-LGgJJ8M-A5NezPM4ZWk http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUR0KywWbfM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3t q2VF2Jb76vfGBkjA1i9gIQDq7nfHOgd22LB-LGgJJ8M-A5NezPM4ZWk

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                        The custom operators we use working elsewhere in Southern MB today - this is just the warm up before the next 30-50cm comes tomorrow. Yikes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUR0KywWbfM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3t q2VF2Jb76vfGBkjA1i9gIQDq7nfHOgd22LB-LGgJJ8M-A5NezPM4ZWk http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUR0KywWbfM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3t q2VF2Jb76vfGBkjA1i9gIQDq7nfHOgd22LB-LGgJJ8M-A5NezPM4ZWk
                        Wow, that is perseverance.

So what happens when the custom operator calls to announce they are coming, and conditions look like that? Do you have to sacrifice your fields to ruts and compaction, because it is now or never? How long is the window on corn silage before it loses too much moisture( or does it ever at this time of year)? Are they passing through, and possibly not coming back if you decline? Is waiting for frost an option?

What is the prognosis for melting that much snow in mid October out there? Here, I would say that much right now would be unlikely to disappear.

Comment

Wow ... nobody outside primary Ag has a clue the situation some guys are going through this fall. But that sums it up ... thx for posting that grassfarmer

But that’s ok to politicians and urbanites.. they call us whiners .... most average people simply have no clue and politics don’t care the shit we go through to try to make a living . Go ahead through more carbon tax’s on us you asshats
                          Last edited by furrowtickler; Oct 11, 2019, 00:24.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Wow ... nobody outside primary Ag has a clue the situation some guys are going through this fall. But that sums it up ... thx for posting that grassfarmer

But that’s ok to politicians and urbanites.. they call us whiners .... most average people simply have no clue and politics don’t care the shit we go through to try to make a living . Go ahead through more carbon tax’s on us you asshats
                            Most people from the city would think that video is just normal. If they can drive to work in the snow why can’t the farmers combine in the snow, with no clue about why you can’t or shouldn’t They have big tires, should be easy......

But I’ll say it again, look at a farm it has big expensive sheet metal and the dollars and cents tied up is far more than any individual city folk has and thats why we have lost all sympathy from them. The days when a farmer was respected is long gone my friend....

Comment

TAS the gearbox problem is fixed with a cooler now, so the only thing you have to do is clean out the chaff at night. It was the exposed shaft on top of the machine and build-up of dust that caused the fire. But the fuel tank is right close by. So it got interesting, to say the least.

Comment

Grassfarmer thanks for the video, that definitely doesn't look like fun. Looked at the weather forecast for southern Manitoba looks like lots of snow, won't be fun. All I can say to the climate change believers is your predictions of warmer weather for Canada certainly isn't working. Record lows in some Alberta locations Wednesday night, now it appears record snowfalls for southern Manitoba after record snowfalls for southeastern Alberta last week.

As far as harvest goes was fortunate to havest some swathed canola yesterday testing 9 moisture. Was a little disappointed in the yield at 49 bpa based on bin fill. Last year my worst canola field was 35 bpa and my best 54 bpa. Have to admit I was hoping it was better but still thankful just to have it in the bin. Last time I looked chance of snow here on Sunday and Monday again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...