• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it cost????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would it cost????

For the CGC to set up temporary offices to grade grain for producers given the unusual harvest????

A couple million?

Staff to run tests 24/7 until we are done?

Why are producers always the last to get proper services????

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    For the CGC to set up temporary offices to grade grain for producers given the unusual harvest????

A couple million?

Staff to run tests 24/7 until we are done?

Why are producers always the last to get proper services????
    You mean like a no cost submitted sample program like we had up until mid 90's?

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
      You mean like a no cost submitted sample program like we had up until mid 90's?
      If that is what it was...I remember CGC had an office on Caribou street in Moose Jaw...

With 4 terminals around Moose Jaw and the same at Swift Current.... I am not sure why services are removed...

But wouldn't that be a issue maybe the Sask Wheat commission could take on????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        If that is what it was...I remember CGC had an office on Caribou street in Moose Jaw...

With 4 terminals around Moose Jaw and the same at Swift Current.... I am not sure why services are removed...

But wouldn't that be a issue maybe the Sask Wheat commission could take on????
        Think issue would be finding trained inspectors. Any that are still in the industry are likely working for 3rd party or grain companies.

Comment

Same reason MRIs sit idle on the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Same reason MRIs sit idle on the weekend.
            Don't worry I was on the grading bench when harvest samples came in and believe me inspectors worked long hrs, weekends and all. It was other reasons it had to stop. Abuse by the industry not necessarily farmers I don't think they knew what was happening.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.