• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 10 no harvesting and its getting sick already.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    12.1 hand threshed, canola, dry tomorrow, swathed over a month.
    Neighbor tried with combine across the road, swathed even longer ago, 13%
    Rain now , canola got just about dry for 2 ***in hrs

Comment

Wheat 20.6 at five hopefully we go tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Yeah, wet here too - was at half an inch by 9am, haven't been back out to check since. I reckon 7" in September here and over an inch in October already. Looks like a drying trend going forward though - hopefully it comes true for everyone to get back on the land.

Got to ask SF3 though - did you just drive the swather into the slough for the photo op? There obviously wasn't any crop there.
        No like grass
        You are a shit distuber arent you ? Lol
        I think that was his dekalb , flat on the ground
        Was gonna ask you though ; looks like beef prices have fallen a lot but dont really follow them ?
        Have they fallen much ?
        Nothing changed where i get my big juicy steaks for price yet if they have ?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Rain now , canola got just about dry for 2 ***in hrs
          Canary too
          Hour and a half ffs

Comment

What’s it like to thresh dry grain? Had 2500 bushels of wheat come off at 15% last year and the last time before that was 2015 for dry stuff here. Currently running 30%+/- barley through the dryer taking it to 18% to put on air to deal with or feed later. It hit -5 last week but hasn’t killed off everything yet. Everything desiccated is still green too. Propane guys are busier than St.Nick on Christmas Eve. Calling for more white/wet stuff on Monday too. Still got a bunch of silage bales to make and it’s a struggle getting it dried down. About 20% done here and most others are in the same boat.
            Can’t swath anything ahead from the rain every couple days.

Wind is blowing tonight so we’ll wring out some more porridge........... hope it comes out of the bin when the dryer can get to it Yippee

Want to be wrapped up with this mess by Remembrance Day since kiddo number 3 is supposed to arrive around then.
            Livin’ the dream😎

Comment

Standing wheat is 16.5 to 16.9 today. Tried canola swathed for 2 1/2 weeks tested 13.6. Neighbors standing canola tested 15.5. Did have one neighbor doing swathed canola testing mid nines, not sure how he is so lucky lol. One other neighbor doing swathed oats testing 15.6. Hoping wheat will go tomorrow but not too optimistic.

Comment

Grass it was a dry flat about a foot drop from the rest so yea two went through and I was following and didn't make it — your so observant.

What a hero.

Comment

Standing canola 13.7% yesterday, neighbor's swath across the road was 16%. A day and a half and will be done drying barley and then start on canola. I did not fungicide any canola this year and have noticed some scloretina and blackleg through out the whole half. As far as yeild, although this is my first field of canola, I would tend to agree with CaseIH that yeild will be 10-15% off here in the NE. Maybe I am just a piss poor farmer and shoulda sprayed. How tough can I put canola in a bag at say 8-10 degrees celcius and have it survive til I dry it. Last year we had a bag of 16% but it went in at 2 degrees.

Comment

Can someone let me know when this gets to be fun?
                    Moved grain around today...some pleasant surprises in the aeration bins.

Hand tested canola and mustard and flax. All were dropping.
                    Our 5:30 hand thrashed test was a bit over ten, only one way to know for sure...take out the combine. Did half a hopper...tests a bit over 12. ****!!!!

Flax is fücked! .
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20191006_134927.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	769007

Combine might blow some light shit out but hand thrashed and seived over proper hand seives.....bushel weight 263 g/ half liter supposed to be 330, (45.6 lbs/bu versus 56). There goes #1(I think) let alone the milling market we ususally sell into! I guess flax isn't as weather proof as I thought. But my Pappy told me he heard this Sept has been the wettest its ever been in the last 130 years....dyodd!

Cinch your belts boys....gonna be a tough year!
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 6, 2019, 19:51.

Comment

Good weather window is now closed. Bet guys will be going late tonight to get everything they can this round. Driest I’ve heard is 16.2 Wheat.

Comment

Who ever gets smashed by MORE snow or RAIN , will see ZIP harvest till after the 18th, but NO MORE TEMPS above 10C. Record MESS is a Comin, hoping for November or winter. This is SLOW TORTURE!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                          Who ever gets smashed by MORE snow or RAIN , will see ZIP harvest till after the 18th, but NO MORE TEMPS above 10C. Record MESS is a Comin, hoping for November or winter. This is SLOW TORTURE!
                          No worries here....the sask ag minister said we could get a month of nice weather....

He is so phucking stupid it hurts...

We should all follow his lead and have the auction ....see how it works out for Saskatchewan's economy . ...

Comment

Standing bly.down to 18.7..
                            Woopee..
                            If growing bly.
                            Give synergy a try.
                            Great yield..

Comment

I think we need to remember how wet or saturated the soil is and the fact there are areas of Western Canada grain growing areas that now have standinng water in the fields from excess rain and prolonged cool damp conditions. Really not a typical fall harvest. What would it take to overcome one of the wettest Septembers on record? When the days are short with late starts. Might have to rethink the approach to finishing this harvest.
                              Some of us, read "I", might have to do some things we're not accustomed to.

Comment

[
                                Some of us, read "I", might have to do some things we're not accustomed to.[/QUOTE]

I think we are both to old to go roughnecking to pay the fuel bill.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...