• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	4Dr+we6jTBqvM3RK3fz2Yw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	779187

I'm not a church guy like I was when I was younger. But I still look up to the sky and pray, reflect wonder whatever. But this year I wonder every day it rains if we will get this crop half off. Yes, its October but once it turns this wet, it can be this way for 30 some days.

Hell, I also don't usually get to worked up about harvesting, but for the first time in a long time, I woke up at 2 AM and couldn't fall back asleep. Not a good sign when your mind is running at 100 MPH. It's even getting to me. So all keep a heads up and talk to others, were all in the same boat.

Well ok, its Thursday and the week wasn't perfect for harvesting. It sucked. Rain Thursday and Friday then the sun came out for a bit Saturday. Then Sunday snow and Monday snow rain and Tuesday rain and yesterday well fog and one hour of sun.

So basically we didn't turn a wheel since last Wednesday. At 20%, we sit.

Name:	fYLT%zBvSgCqJ+aleR52Yg.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	779188

Ok since no one moved in our area in the week what more damage has been done.

HRS we had wet snow mixed with rain so not as much as some. But its snow and some areas had more and some less. Fort had none yet Balgonie to Edgeley was lots. We went to the lake on Sunday, and north of Canora, they were harvesting. Yea goes figure.
    HRS is in big trouble and a heads up on grain grading. All grain companies are looking now at falling numbers. You might even have an excellent #1 harvested early, and they will grade it a feed because your falling number is 160. So just a heads up they are on our side. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Some are looking at dryer programs, but they won't give a premium for super dry grain yet. Go **** your selves is what I say.
    HRS has gone flat where the snow happened but also if you had a thick HRS crop it went flat with rain and snow mixed. Harvesting now will be slower if it ever returns.

Name:	zzH2K375TVSaflvFdIVaPg.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	779189

Barley is all but done in our area and fields still in swaths are being left as they are now the green mile. Geese won't even eat. Yea they are green swaths. Standing a few fields and they are now breaking off heads and flat.

Flax is either swath or waiting to go, but the fields with lots of Wildcats are flat also.

Peas are all off or abandoned.

Oats is flat as the snow rain mix didn't help.

Canola, the super expensive crop to grow, with excellent genetics. HAHAHAHAHA well, it fell over and is mostly flat or broken stems or a total shit show of twisted crap. Swath had snow on for one day, but it melted with rain fast. Standing as I said, is a tangled mess. Now if it was thin shit crop well its standing perfect go figure: the thicker, the more of a mess. Muddy swathing the last canola, you have to clean canvas ever two hours. The previous fields are almost swath, one section left. They will be easy to burn in spring if the weather doesn't smarten up. All straight cut and most areas are dead ripe except in some low areas. We have guys in our area already planning to not harvest 2000 1000 and 800 acres, and we are probably 1100 to add to that list that will be burnt in spring. Mathematically we need 21 days, and I don't think well get 10 with snow again next Wednesday.

Name:	5EnBzjftQ9+RfCPpEnjk5Q.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	779190

Pastures are back, and most hay is done, except the field of green feed that's just been haybined.

So to any elevator guy, equipment salesman, survey or politician if I'm a little gruff you can maybe see why, respect farmers this is a shit show we might get through but with winter less than 30 days away the clock is ticking down very fast.

To all the farmers in this shit show, Keep your head up, talk to anyone who will listen, the worse thing is to keep it in. Maybe mother nature will help out, perhaps not. Talk to your lender and start thinking of a plan, inf no borrowed money how much savings will be needed to get to next fall because useless crop insurance won't pay till after the crop is harvested and guess what we might not finish this fall. Then AG stabs won't pay piss all till what next fall. Yea it doesn't look right. Anyone get a check from the new super insurance programs out there let me know.

Hopefully, the weather changes, and we get weeks of beautiful fall weather, and maybe we all get to finish or come close. Remember the ones at home are way more important than this ****ing crop.

Name:	IMG_0316.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	768989

I always said stupid people should hold a sign that way you can avoid them. But something is funny in Wascana Ralph has very few signs or are the liberals embarased to express their support for the prick. One big problem we have in Wascana is the UofR and Saskpolytec that are now in the riding. So parents phone your kids and tell them to vote and vote for whoever they want but think about the vote, please. Also any Conservatives, please go vote don't stay home or make an excuse. He needs to go.

Trudeau last night on the debate. Ok, the liberal run shit show of three against one. Two jets Justin isn't a leader he isn't brilliant and he is one sick, sick individual.

They talk a clean campaign, yet they are the ones throwing stones. They talk all green energy and oh so holy climate change yet two jets Justin is on the trail. Yea he buys carbon offsets like WTF his buddy and Butts own that shit show company. Follow the money these guys are modern-day crooks.

THen the boxing match yesterday again what a joke. This is what we have as a leader in Canada were so doomed.

Name:	IMG_6212.JPG
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	768990

Comment

Pictures from the week.

Name:	BUxoZP5xTK6NRE5DFOQ+9Q.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	768991

Standing wheat

Name:	Bq5ZG79qTIax8iPPpOU3hQ.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	768992

Wheat swaths

Name:	0us+byRpRTuZ3sSJvOFmYQ.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	768993

Canola

Comment

SK, there are only a few hundred students living on campus. Shouldnt be a big game changer.

The signs in Wascana View are 50:1 Kram.

Comment

At 70 % done.
          All canola in the bin.
          We got some snow but less than most.
          Wht And bly still standing.
          One sunny day and media says that I will be combining.lol.
          Minus 5 this morning.
          Yes check the falling numbers bullshit.
          If the rest of our wht is feed..
          Screw drying it and let the birds feed it in the field..
          Did all book their canola seed yet?
          Promo was over end of Sept.. now prices even higher..
          Sell canola now because if combines roll price will drop to 8 bucks grain buyer says..

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            [ATTACH]5057[/ATTACH]

I'm not a church guy like I was when I was younger. But I still look up to the sky and pray, reflect wonder whatever. But this year I wonder every day it rains if we will get this crop half off. Yes, its October but once it turns this wet, it can be this way for 30 some days.

Hell, I also don't usually get to worked up about harvesting, but for the first time in a long time, I woke up at 2 AM and couldn't fall back asleep. Not a good sign when your mind is running at 100 MPH. It's even getting to me. So all keep a heads up and talk to others, were all in the same boat.

Well ok, its Thursday and the week wasn't perfect for harvesting. It sucked. Rain Thursday and Friday then the sun came out for a bit Saturday. Then Sunday snow and Monday snow rain and Tuesday rain and yesterday well fog and one hour of sun.

So basically we didn't turn a wheel since last Wednesday. At 20%, we sit.

[ATTACH]5059[/ATTACH]

Ok since no one moved in our area in the week what more damage has been done.

HRS we had wet snow mixed with rain so not as much as some. But its snow and some areas had more and some less. Fort had none yet Balgonie to Edgeley was lots. We went to the lake on Sunday, and north of Canora, they were harvesting. Yea goes figure.
            HRS is in big trouble and a heads up on grain grading. All grain companies are looking now at falling numbers. You might even have an excellent #1 harvested early, and they will grade it a feed because your falling number is 160. So just a heads up they are on our side. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Some are looking at dryer programs, but they won't give a premium for super dry grain yet. Go **** your selves is what I say.
            HRS has gone flat where the snow happened but also if you had a thick HRS crop it went flat with rain and snow mixed. Harvesting now will be slower if it ever returns.

[ATTACH]5060[/ATTACH]

Barley is all but done in our area and fields still in swaths are being left as they are now the green mile. Geese won't even eat. Yea they are green swaths. Standing a few fields and they are now breaking off heads and flat.

Flax is either swath or waiting to go, but the fields with lots of Wildcats are flat also.

Peas are all off or abandoned.

Oats is flat as the snow rain mix didn't help.

Canola, the super expensive crop to grow, with excellent genetics. HAHAHAHAHA well, it fell over and is mostly flat or broken stems or a total shit show of twisted crap. Swath had snow on for one day, but it melted with rain fast. Standing as I said, is a tangled mess. Now if it was thin shit crop well its standing perfect go figure: the thicker, the more of a mess. Muddy swathing the last canola, you have to clean canvas ever two hours. The previous fields are almost swath, one section left. They will be easy to burn in spring if the weather doesn't smarten up. All straight cut and most areas are dead ripe except in some low areas. We have guys in our area already planning to not harvest 2000 1000 and 800 acres, and we are probably 1100 to add to that list that will be burnt in spring. Mathematically we need 21 days, and I don't think well get 10 with snow again next Wednesday.

[ATTACH]5061[/ATTACH]

Pastures are back, and most hay is done, except the field of green feed that's just been haybined.

So to any elevator guy, equipment salesman, survey or politician if I'm a little gruff you can maybe see why, respect farmers this is a shit show we might get through but with winter less than 30 days away the clock is ticking down very fast.

To all the farmers in this shit show, Keep your head up, talk to anyone who will listen, the worse thing is to keep it in. Maybe mother nature will help out, perhaps not. Talk to your lender and start thinking of a plan, inf no borrowed money how much savings will be needed to get to next fall because useless crop insurance won't pay till after the crop is harvested and guess what we might not finish this fall. Then AG stabs won't pay piss all till what next fall. Yea it doesn't look right. Anyone get a check from the new super insurance programs out there let me know.

Hopefully, the weather changes, and we get weeks of beautiful fall weather, and maybe we all get to finish or come close. Remember the ones at home are way more important than this ****ing crop.
            Good luck with the rest of your harvest. The " Dark Knight " would look great in my machine shed!!

Comment

Partners,

Falling number specs can be used both ways. "Suspect" looking wheat might be fine. And if it isn't, it isn't! At least the subjectivity of grading the wheat is gone. If export shipments of low grade weathered wheat are made based on falling number.....I welcome that grading spec making it back to the farmgate.

On the bright side.....at least it isn't being downgraded because of super high levels of fusarium, that alone should open afew more market doors.

I'm trying to make lemon meringue pie here folks, bear with me! Too many lemons!
              Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 3, 2019, 07:35.

Comment

Our wht graded as a 2..
                BUT now they checking it all..
                Have to find issues because it's just way over priced..

Comment

I'm trying to make lemon meringue pie here folks, bear with me! Too many lemons!

One of my favourite pies, just make sure it has REAL whipped cream not the store boughten crap.
                  Can you deliver? 😎

Comment

Some swathed durum is totally green on top of the swath, prolly not dollar bills laying on top, right?
                    Trying - trying - trying should be the farmers moto. Today everyone will be trying standing stuff. Good Luck everyone, keep safe.

Comment

I’m at zero percent. Two consecutive mornings with three inches of snow don’t help much. Have no dryer, so. Nothing here has been combined dry, not even close.

Anyhow, went to Saskatoon yesterday. I am very surprised how much GREEN canola that just got swathed that there is. N the hills they must have had even more snow than us, there was still snow in the ditches and North sides of swaths at noon. Some really FLAT wheat that won’t be fun in those hills. I was surprised how much actually WAS combined though.

As per the usual, as we got closer to home, like within ten miles, the gravel got wet. Must have rained here maybe? Happens most times on the way home. We are a wet pocket in a wet region, in a wet area. Our own little climate crisis zone. I just find it interesting.

Comment

Snow again next Wednesday? Not much agreement on how much and where.
                        At this point I will just hope that forecast is wrong. I need my sleep...

Comment

Fog great.

It seems G3 had a train of early harvested red wheat and the falling number was 160. So now they will check every load. 15 min to check and can vary from one end of semi to other.

It’s sauerkraut not lemon pie

Comment

Shit is thick today.

Comment

ICE FOG, like January, Greta effect! At least we are not BURNING to a crisp like the cities soon will be, or UNDER water! Sun two days, shower or snow, then sun two days, then repeat?!Ya should be great swath curing weather. Could be record worthless crop over winter...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.