• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much vasoline would you like?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much vasoline would you like?

Seems like with the way this whole yr has been going this shouldn't surprise me. Have 20k bu of hrsw @16 mois taken off before any of the weather events happened. Send samples away to 3 diffrent line companies all get back to me Wednesday and it comes back a #1. first 2 wont take it till higher up managment have a pow wow to determine blending capabilities. 3rd company will take it asap. phone this morning to lock in a contract and now they tell me surprise its a number #3 over a dollar diffrence In price. Already feel as I'm giving it away and now they want to steal more. they should at least include 1 complementary bottle of Ky with every contract they try and get you to sign. Sick of the games they play all I want is for them to buy at the same specs THEY sell. time to send a sample to sgs I suppose.
    rant over

Why is it a #3 at one elevator?

I saw a sample that was a #3 at 1 elevator for sprouted 2 other elevators didn'r see the sprouts and called it a #1.

Might be the issue on wanting to wait to see how much blending will be available.

Also Grain Act prohibits from intentionally miss representing quality so I would be asking more questions.

Comment

apprently fus is rearing its ugly head at 1% so they say

Comment

Originally posted by helmach View Post
        apprently fus is rearing its ugly head at 1% so they say
        Yes saw a sample with that also. Let the games begin wait until it dries up mildew becomes an issue also saw some midge damage that was severely sprouted.

Comment

Wow, it only gets worse
          Likely should just send the entire wheat crop to Estevan and burn it up for electricity. Voila, immediate switch to renewable fuel

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
            Yes saw a sample with that also. Let the games begin wait until it dries up mildew becomes an issue also saw some midge damage that was severely sprouted.
            Hopefully it gets cold enough at nights to prevent mildew. It did here last year, had no mildew even after 3 weeks in wet snow off and on
            Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 27, 2019, 11:37.

Comment

youtube "ode to viterra" catchy little song.
              Last edited by Agvocate; Sep 27, 2019, 11:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Agvocate View Post
                youtube "ode to viterra" catchy little song.
                wow nail on the head

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Hopefully it gets cold enough at nights to prevent mildew. It did here last year, had no mildew even after 3 weeks in wet snow off and on
                  Not trying to be downer but just advising that farmers be aware and knowledgeable of what the factors are and proper assessment. Already seeing lots of issues maybe some blending opportunities for you to utilize.

Comment

I think that's the Eyebrow elevator I bitch about being closed....

Then Viterra buys Ilta at belle Plaine

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
                      Not trying to be downer but just advising that farmers be aware and knowledgeable of what the factors are and proper assessment. Already seeing lots of issues maybe some blending opportunities for you to utilize.
                      Been through this before lol I get it

Comment

When the elevator tells you its a 3, tell them it will be a 1 in the spring over at Richardson.

Wont sell to Viterra or Saskcan. I will burn it befoe I let those c*cksuckers handle it.

Comment

........Subject to grade and dockage by Grain Commission. You have options. Also be sure to sign a reasonable storage penalty if they don't take it by contract date.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                            ........Subject to grade and dockage by Grain Commission. You have options. Also be sure to sign a reasonable storage penalty if they don't take it by contract date.
                            Storage penalty? Oh ya, you mean after the 90 day extended delivery period......

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                              Graincos will make sure you are not a customer when you use that option...they will be happy to show you the door....and really the CGC is full of richards as well.

The CGC always says send it to them....my question is ....why doesn't the CGC just enforce the rules?
                              Last edited by bucket; Sep 28, 2019, 16:05.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...