• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost want to give up

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost want to give up

Wheat is getting close to dry but can hardly get the combine up and back. Twice had to drop the header and jump out on a back road and let the mud fly!

Yikes.

Be safe.

Thank goodness I'm not dealing with that.

Comment

Holy shit man..that is real ugly..
      Keep safe..

Comment

Yea its the shits seldom
        And then you have some know it all tell you that you just have to be patient and swath
        Some have no idea about life in the swamp
        All i know is if we lose glyphosate , farming as we know it is done here Click image for larger version

Name:	A820B414-35FA-4462-AA35-65B130D67F60.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	767787

Comment

Hard to see in pic but that is a barley swath in the 4 leaf

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0CE3F15A-B93C-4BCD-B36A-F33D4CEC22AB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	767788
            Shit like this all around here
            Lots of sprouted wheat

Comment

That sucks Mallee, hope you can get going. One day of sun here, will take wheat if I can, rain tonite and tomorrow.

Comment

Stay safe and I mean mostly in the head. People are near breaking point this harvest. One fd up year.

Comment

And only getting WORSE by weekend, mixed precip, +3 high?.

Comment

Mother Nature can be ruthless. What a dilemma! But one good thing - that ain’t gumbo, you’d have a hell of a time digging that mud out. We hand-dug a shallow hole last week in gumbo, every time the shovel went in the ground, about ten pounds of the stickiest mud had to carved off the shovel with a chisel before you could dig. One step forward and three back.

Comment

Thanks for posting. Helps with perspective for everyone. Good luck

Comment

2 different forecasts here one has rain tomorrow and every second day for a week the other no rain for a week. Something has to be done with this. Not that the forecast can change the weather but it sure as hell is importsnt for us to be able to know what the hell to expect.

Mud like that is terrible so hard on equipment more fuel,causes problem next year also. At least we re not at that point yet
                        At least our ag minister is talking about it?

Comment

Its yr like this that makes me happy to be a STO ,I just finished my first cut hay yesterday,not even going to look at snd cut unless the weather changes.
                          I feel for you guys with thousands of acres,i think I would toss in the towel,not fun for me anymore,mabey just lazy. Wish you all luck!!!

Comment

Been there done that. Farm long enough you see it all. We received 2.5 in over the weekend . 10 miles over received 6 in. Going to be a long fall harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                              Its yr like this that makes me happy to be a STO ,I just finished my first cut hay yesterday,not even going to look at snd cut unless the weather changes.
                              I feel for you guys with thousands of acres,i think I would toss in the towel,not fun for me anymore,mabey just lazy. Wish you all luck!!!
                              Wonder what it would look like if there was still a farmer on every section? More STO's how often did crops get left out over winter or taken wet, very few had driers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.