• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBC Radio

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBC Radio

Some time this morning Micheal Enright of CBC is going to interview three different Farmers on trade issues and the election.

I wonder how they are going to slant this to make Trudeau look good?

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
    Some time this morning Micheal Enright of CBC is going to interview three different Farmers on trade issues and the election.

I wonder how they are going to slant this to make Trudeau look good?
    Depends who the farmers are....right, left or centre....

Its odd ...I think I am a pretty non bias farmer....good opinions ...fair thoughtful etc...toot toot..lol...

The lurkers don't call but can get ahold of guys from the WCWGA or NFU in a heartbeat....

Listening to the extremists doesn't help...

Comment

Interview with farmers in the 3rd hour this morning with Michael Imright.

Comment

Farming on Indigenous Radio????

Comment

Those 3 farmers did ok. Some take away points:

negative points of view on farming has control of the narrative

farmers are only 2% of the population = small voice

urban lack of understanding of where their food comes from

urban lack of knowledge in determining fake/defamatory POV

ASK A FARMER

the contribution of agriculture to the economy

IT ALL STARTS AT THE PRIMARY LEVEL

the positive advancements in farming practices as it relates to the environment

ASK A FARMER

My thought is that it matters not if we're believers/skeptics/"deniers" of climate change - but I think we can all agree that it's about the air, the water and the land. Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it is always right.

They did a good job of explaining to the listeners how imperative trade is and how weather effects us.
          Last edited by littledoggie; Sep 22, 2019, 13:39. Reason: clarity

Comment

https://pca.st/mwa38z6r#t=5833
            Not sure if the link will work. But if you want to be triggered rewind 5 minutes from where the link starts.

Comment

I thought they did a fair job too. As Wheatking alludes to that anti-meat nonsense at the beginning was outrageous but just the same crap Enright has been pushing all summer.
              Not sure what the female farmer from eastern Canada was referring to with the comment that they had been losing $180/head since January due to foreign market access issues? Canfax reported that Canadian beef exports were up 24% and values up 40% (export values not $ to cattle producers)in the first half of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                I thought they did a fair job too. As Wheatking alludes to that anti-meat nonsense at the beginning was outrageous but just the same crap Enright has been pushing all summer.
                Not sure what the female farmer from eastern Canada was referring to with the comment that they had been losing $180/head since January due to foreign market access issues? Canfax reported that Canadian beef exports were up 24% and values up 40% (export values not $ to cattle producers)in the first half of the year.
                Yeah I heard that part too. It's what I expect from CBC and Michael Imright was trying to control the narrative. Hopefully the 3 well versed farmers cut through the crap in the minds of the listeners.

Comment

It is hard to believe what they will broadcast just to fill the air time on CBC. Not saying there is nothing of value but some of the stuff makes me shake my head and think....who "wants" to listen to this! Some bizarre stuff, or is it just me?

Comment

No it's not you. I just have to turn it off sometimes - it gets that ridiculous. SOME of their programming is OK - the stuff they can't twist to fit their narrative. I HATE their virtue signalling. Eegads, don't these people have any integrity? I hear more and more people commenting that sometimes they just have to turn off CBC. But I have to listen to it to see just how crazy things are getting out there. Just glad I don't have to live in it as well. Then I'd really be crazy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.