• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost a house to fire today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost a house to fire today

Second sunday ive been away from the farm since christmas and not around bugger.

Have a old farmhouse rented out and the single mum and her son live in there and helps us out basically for rent and power a few days a week.

Way way under insured and probably only cover cost of removal. Sadly was one "added" on room must have been done in 60s or 70 maybe 15ft by 15 ft think a storage room in the past anyway is asbestos rest of house zero all brick and stone. All of a sudden clean up has tripled in cost.

Son said we will put respirators on and loaders and get rid of it, sadly i said bad luck phendog they alrerady know its there we cant touch it.

will keep ya posted
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Sep 22, 2019, 04:53.

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Second sunday ive been away from the farm and not around bugger.

Have a old farmhouse rented out and the single mum and her son live in there and helps us out basically for rent and power a few days a week.

Way way under insured and probably only cover cost of removal. Sadly was one "added" on room must have been done in 60s or 70 maybe 15ft by 15 ft think a storage room in the past anyway is asbestos rest of house zero all brick and stone. All of a sudden clean up has tripled in cost.

Son said we will put respirators on and loaders and get rid of it, sadly i said bad luck phendog they alrerady know its there we cant touch it.

will keep ya posted
    Sorry to hear, all the best going forward!
    Sincerely,
    Tom4cwb

Comment

Sorry to hear that, thank god no one was hurt. Take care.

Comment

Funny thing with asbestos.
        Friend of mine exposed for a few months at a local plant.
        He died in his forties and the long term staff still alive. Plant shut down long ago.

Comment

My neighbor was busy crawling around his ceiling adding insulation on top of existing asbestos from decades ago, attempting not to disturb it. Can't remove it, stuck living under it. Made the comment that all of the asbestos used (and encouragement of such) was just another money transfer to Quebec, to help prop up Quebec companies. I hadn't considered that angle before.

Comment

Had a roof fire in the house im in, insurance company paid a contractor to have all the asbestos insulation removed. The guys doing it were not getting paid the big bucks... what an episode. Should of let it burn but at 4am on Christmas eve no one was thinking clearly

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...