• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unions ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unions ...

Kinda frustrating to watch them piss and moan about not “getting” a 2 or 3% increase in wage or benefits, when in reality we are farmers have taken a direct 30% or more loss this last year because of shitte politics and ignorance by our government , yet we are called whiners ... it’s embarrassing to be a Canadian right now .
    Anyone else in western Canadian Ag taking a 30% hit on their net income ... or more ?? Don’t think so . Let alone the average Canadian that actually works for a living . But hey , we are the bad guys , all that Bad beef and bad GMO crops we grow ... we are getting treated worse than criminals in the justice system, yet one of very few that actually create the wealth needed to sustain a country’s economy. It’s gotten stupid .
    And yet some have the audacity to call farmers “entitled” ... wow , enjoy your pay checks that will “only” increase 2-3 % .... oh and paid time off , stress leave , dentil , and all the other benefits you do rightly deserve lol

That's fine, just lay them off.
    Brainwashed. Indoctrination tactics make me sick. Kids summer camps etc yech!

Comment

Farmers are really dumb as group.
      Take crop insurance for example. We use a formula of 10 years past average to get what we should be insured for today.
      First off we improve as we go technology improves but we re I sting based on old technology and varieties.
      We also include years averages where we had no crop or small crop and that stays in the average for 10 years.
      Then we are only allowed to insure at 80%. Can someone tel me why the fk we re insuring at 80% this is not really insurance it’s our *** wage when we lose our crop
      Now tell me any worker union or no union would work at any *** job on wages not only not accounting for inflation but based on averaging in years they never worked and then only paying 80% of that wage and then paying a *** premium on that amount? Only so that the government of the day can be so dim witted that they can’t balance their books so they need your premium to make themselves it look stupid while we truly are to accept this bullshit.

Comment

And anyone remember the sask party got elected because they promised 100% coverage and lower premiums and never ever kept that promise!!!

Comment

Agristability is based on 5 years and try kick out high and low

So 3 year average and it's administered by ctop insurance. ...so they not only get to look at your yields but your financial health ....so they could be doing a better job of evaluating the health of primary producers...

Comment

Back to unions ...there those people sit with the company on royalty holidays....gouging fuel prices by collusion....same with fertilizer and vehicles....all been given handouts by government and they look down on farmers as welfare cases.. .

They need a wage increase ...for what. ?

Maybe they should get an off work second job like farmers are expected to do....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Back to unions ...there those people sit with the company on royalty holidays....gouging fuel prices by collusion....same with fertilizer and vehicles....all been given handouts by government and they look down on farmers as welfare cases.. .

They need a wage increase ...for what. ?

Maybe they should get an off work second job like farmers are expected to do....
              Because.... their entitled

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Because.... their entitled
                Potash workers are getting layoffs. Can they live on EI benefits? Some people make lots, spend lots, heaven forbid anyone adjusts their lifestyle. I wonder if they want an increase in salary of just a job. Why does everything have to perpetually increase?

Comment

You guys realize our lives are run by ndp and liberals. Ndp here in Manitoba. They make the stupid rules that cost us more money and end of the day they can retire at 55 with pension and fat ass. I’m surrounded by stupid right now doing different projects. Last year doing a little bridge of resurfing took 13 union ndp and 10 trucks. They retire at 55 unless they get fat paying consulting job and we work past 65.

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
                    You guys realize our lives are run by ndp and liberals. Ndp here in Manitoba. They make the stupid rules that cost us more money and end of the day they can retire at 55 with pension and fat ass. I’m surrounded by stupid right now doing different projects. Last year doing a little bridge of resurfing took 13 union ndp and 10 trucks. They retire at 55 unless they get fat paying consulting job and we work past 65.
                    Yes but the private construction guys here in Sask are getting way more money to
                    Do the same jobs the union workers we’re doing. They’ve been on a small bridge here for 2 months 5 o’clock Friday not a soul to be found no weekends work when sunny now that it rains they go sit there in the trucks watching us sit at the traffic lights installed when there isn’t a car for long periods of time coming from the other way
                    This is at harvest of course. It’s eirher the unions or it s private friends that donate to the party so they can get the job neither are any better to be honest. But the roads are way worse is all I can say

Comment

Just measured the bridge. 100 feet by 30.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.