• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric vehicles ... climate change..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric vehicles ... climate change..

This sums up the b/s ..

Nope. I’m a mite amused as well.

Comment

All I hear them say is “they demand change” well what exactly are they demanding ?

Comment

maybe the generator is running on canola oil.

Comment

Dont worry you guys the climate nazis got a fix for your problem. They are gonna convert that diesel generator to electric power to generate even more electricity for the electric cars. It's a win win, make more electricity from the first electricity...wait a minute.

Comment

There you deniers go again.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              There you deniers go again.
              Lol , us “flat earthers” ohh we are so silly lol

Comment

We are so DUMB can't see that electric is ZERO emissions and the electricity is magically FREEEEEEEE!

Comment

I get the impression that the majority of people don't comprehend the difference between an energy source and a method of storing/transmitting energy, and there are a couple of good example right here on Agriville who like to share their infinite wisdom with us.

Repeatedly hear or read about batteries, electric vehicles, and hydrogen fuel cells as a replacement for fossil fuels. Completely disregarding the fact that the vast majority of the electricity generation in the world comes from fossil fuels.

Which is about as logical as saying we will make farmers and the crops they grow obsolete, all we need are augers, super-b's and a lot of granaries.

Comment

errrr you guys want full story........its in my home state

Comment

Hydroelectricity in Canada
                      From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      Canada is the world's second largest producer of hydroelectricity after China. In 2014, Canada consumed the equivalent of 85.7 megatonnes worth of oil of hydroelectricity, 9.8% of worldwide hydroelectric consumption. Furthermore, hydroelectricity accounted for 25.7% of Canada's total energy consumption (37.3% of non-oil sources). It is the third-most consumed energy in Canada behind oil and natural gas (30.9% and 28.1% of total consumption, respectively).[1]

Some provinces and territories, such as British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec and Yukon produce over 90% of their electricity from Hydro. All of the dams with large reservoirs were completed before 1990, since then most development has been run-of-the-river, both large and small. Natural Resources Canada calculates the current installed small hydro capacity is 3,400 MW, with an estimated potential of 15,000 MW.[2] A report on the future of hydroelectricity, suggests the remaining 78% potential will remain undeveloped up to 2050, citing a lack of public acceptance.[3] The widespread usage of hydroelectricity, including being incorporated into electric utility names such as Toronto Hydro or BC Hydro, has led to "hydro" being used in some parts of Canada to refer to electricity in general, regardless of source.[4][5]

Canada has about 75 GW of installed hydroelectric capacity, producing 392 TWh of electricity in 2013.[6]

Comment

If you put solar panels on every suitable roof across Canada and The US you could charge a lot of EV batteries during the day while people are at work.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/02/a-solar-panel-on-every-roof-in-the-us-here-are-the-numbers/
                        A solar panel on every roof in the US? Here are the numbers
                        Estimate shows rooftop solar could produce almost 40 percent of our electricity.

Comment

When was the last time you guys heard of a power plant being ****ed up by a hailstorm...

There are picture of what happens to solar panels in a hail storm...

At the best of times I don't like being on my roof....just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            When was the last time you guys heard of a power plant being ****ed up by a hailstorm...

There are picture of what happens to solar panels in a hail storm...

At the best of times I don't like being on my roof....just saying...
                            Boundary at Estevan was knocked out by a big storm that included flooding, high winds and hail June 14th, 2018. The actual Boundary plant suffered damage along with the transmission lines.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4276977/southeast-sask-hit-with-151-km-h-winds-tennis-ball-sized-hail/

Solar panels and roofs on houses are both vulnerable to severe hail storms. But people still put roofs on buildings don't they? That is what insurance is for.

Comment

Bit of fake news actually guys sorry.

Was at a roadhouse in the west of our state and was under going huge renovations and was without power for i think a few weeks. Diesel generators were used to power everything at the roadhouse

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.