• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FedEx Warning / Repo Rate Spikes . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FedEx Warning / Repo Rate Spikes . . . .

FedEx is warning of a sharp global slowdown that is now rippling into the U.S. U.S. CEO's not impressed with Trump trade war and damage to the economy. Shares of FedEx plunged 14% today on weaker-than-expected earnings and revenue. AT&T also shared similar warnings . . . .

U.S. repo rate rocketed higher this week (Repo rate is the rate central banks charge commercial lenders). U.S. Fed apparently has injected $128 billion into markets this week in-response. Beginning of QE4 money printing? This appears to be a possible credit liquidity issue . . . and illiquid credit markets triggered the 2008 financial crisis.

Wall Street not passing the smell test right now (IMO) . . . .

So, what are you trying to say?

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
      So, what are you trying to say?
      The usual ....the sky is falling...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Can't be, he always has such a positive outlook!

Comment

That there is going to be a shift of who makes the money in US. If US drops interest rate, i see the big machine takin off in manufacturing. Keep in mind im retarded and have operated my farm on knee jerk gut feelings my whole life.

Comment

My gut tells me Errol has been right all these years, it is just hard to predict the exact timing of this inevitable meltdown that is coming when governments are doing everything in their power to hide what is really going on/kick the can down the road.

Comment

With everything going on in the world, if it doesn't spur some sort of a war, then its safe to say nothing will and we will live in a world that has no appetite for a global war anymore.

Comment

What happens when an economy grows to a size that the velocity of available money flow can't supply/service?

"Savings" as an available money supply that aren't "moving" aren't circulating in the economy.

So money "printing/creation" at times might be warranted?

But I'm thinking you guys don't think that has been the case in the last 10-12 yesrs?

"Sometimes its best to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt...

Comment

Central bank power is now totally drained (IMO). And cutting rates further will do nothing to stimulate the economy (contrary to Trump talk). In fact, cutting rates just makes the situation worse for the next generation having to face this mess.

Now we enter the world of negative rates . . . how does that hang together? Is that a sign that all is well in global economies? Nothing is wrong with markets, even though global commodities continue to trend lower. Equities are propped up on-a-stick right now (IMO) on central bank manipulation. Corporate buybacks have been key stock market support, not fresh investment.

The repo rate spike this week is a significant warning to financial markets. And the Fed dumping market suddenly is also a sign of problems in liquidity and credit markets.

Can central banks continue their gig to support equity markets? They have mastered this a very long time . . . . But I am a believer that 'true economics always rules', not central bank manipulation.

Comment

What happens if the US crop doesn't meet current expectations...there is some wealth to be created there...

Comment

What happens if the US crop doesn't meet current expectations...there is some wealth to be created there...
                      bucket, yes if the U.S. crop doesn't meet expectations that could certainly turn corn prices higher. Soybeans and wheat, not so much. U.S. continues to lose market share in both these markets. But the U.S. crop is now getting passed the frost-risk stage and USDA claims yields are rising. We'll see . . . .

Brazil has gained an added foothold in this trade war. Investors have moved in improving Brazil's infrastructure. These new roads won't be torn up anytime soon. The Midwest has been hurt and this will be difficult to repair. Trade is based on building long-term trust.

Brazil is a key resource pipeline to China. Next will be the African continent . . . it has already started.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylate View Post
                        That there is going to be a shift of who makes the money in US. If US drops interest rate, i see the big machine takin off in manufacturing. Keep in mind im retarded and have operated my farm on knee jerk gut feelings my whole life.
                        Same.

Comment

Serf your job is to keep your head in the sand, keep on paying debt, taxes and save up for a retirement that will never happen. I repeat do not question the status quo Everything is awesome!
                          Last edited by biglentil; Sep 18, 2019, 13:15.

Comment

What, Fedex not flying as much ChiCom junk around the world, than they're used to doing? You mean more countries are buying less crap from the ChiComs that ends up in our landfills after 10 months? You mean more of that crap will be made in America, and will last 3yrs, 5yrs, or 10yrs, rather than 10 months?
                            Maybe there will be a recession, if when you by something and it lasts 5 yrs, instead of having to buy the same thing year, after year, after year. Imagine audacity in something lasting more than a year.

Comment

Are there nuclear weapon manufacturers I can invest in? With all the years of continual doom and gloom talk, it sounds like I might make a killing on such an investment.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...