Has anyone talked to their candidates????

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Has anyone talked to their candidates????

Sep 17, 2019 | 05:51 1 Spoke to my new conservative candidate, who will be defaulted to MP and ignored in the conservative or liberal government anyway....

I talked about the following

1. Mandatory sales reporting....its been 7 years since Ritz opened up the market ..isnt it time we have the same market transparency as the US??? answer ....thats a good point

2. What to do about higher production and functional facilities being closed , shouldn't the competition bureau be looking into a rail line with only one grain company on it???? answer ...thats a good point

3. What is the Conservative Agriculture policy???? And how am I to trust it considering the conservatives gutted farm programs the last time..??/ answer ...they are working on ag policy....

3A Supplemental....If you get a default of support in western Canada and farmers support you and you don't have a policy on Agriculture considering the current state of affairs how can you say the conservatives are ready to govern????? answer ....well that a valid point...


4. What is your thoughts on restoring the trade with our partners or compensating farmers for the governments responsibility in all of this.....answer ...there isn't one....

5. How can the current Saudi oil facility bombing impact Western Canada fuel prices when we are self sufficient and taking discounts on western canadian oil.....answer ...thats a valid question


Basically I have a conservative candidate that is not up on current affairs , will get in by default , earn a shitload of money and do SFA.... just like the last guy....
Last edited by bucket; Sep 17, 2019 at 05:54.
Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 17, 2019 | 05:58 2 We know you hate conservatives, you will just stay home on election day anyways. Thats what people do instead of voting for a different party. The NDP lefties, Libritards, and the nutty greens could give a shit about farmers so that pretty well says you should vote CPC, doesn’t it? Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2019 | 06:03 3 Oh and I am voting for the next PM of Canada. Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2019 | 06:11 4
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadWinner View Post
    We know you hate conservatives, you will just stay home on election day anyways. Thats what people do instead of voting for a different party. The NDP lefties, Libritards, and the nutty greens could give a shit about farmers so that pretty well says you should vote CPC, doesn’t it?
    I didn't say I hated conservatives....I hate my vote being taken for granted....and a complete lack of understanding of agriculture and a fairness to this industry that other industries take for granted....

    You can't send government money to secondary industries and leave the primary producer on his own. It's a recipe for failure not only for the primary producer but the secondary industry as well...

    And yes I think conservatives did a disservice to agriculture the last time they were in government.... Reply With Quote

  • Sep 17, 2019 | 06:20 5
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadWinner View Post
    Oh and I am voting for the next PM of Canada.
    Why are you voting for liberal/Trudeau?

    It looks like that is who will be the next PM... Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2019 | 07:03 6
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    I didn't say I hated conservatives....I hate my vote being taken for granted....and a complete lack of understanding of agriculture and a fairness to this industry that other industries take for granted....

    You can't send government money to secondary industries and leave the primary producer on his own. It's a recipe for failure not only for the primary producer but the secondary industry as well...

    And yes I think conservatives did a disservice to agriculture the last time they were in government....
    Good rant, but it ignores the fact that the bedrock of modern conservatism is trickle down economics. Conservatives cling to the hope that corporate tax cuts and/or direct subsidization of big players in the economy will flow to the primary worker. It has never happened and never will. It ignores the basic tenants of human nature.

    And the same goes for your vote. No politician is going to offer voters more when he knows for sure those votes are already locked in. To think western agriculture is going to gain anything by voting Conservative when it is fait accompli the Conservatives will win the west is as silly as thinking subsidy money is going to flow from secondary ag industries back to the producer.
    Last edited by dmlfarmer; Sep 17, 2019 at 07:09.
    Reply With Quote

  • Sep 17, 2019 | 07:08 7
    Quote Originally Posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    Good rant, but it ignores the fact that the bedrock of modern conservatism is trickle down economics. Conservatives cling to the hope that corporate tax cuts and/or direct subsidization of big players in the economy will flow to the primary worker. It has never happened and never will. It ignores the basic tenants of human nature.

    And the same goes for your vote. No politician is going to offer voters more when he knows for sure those votes are already locked in. To think western agriculture is going to gain anything more by voting Conservative when it is fait accompli the Conservatives will win the west is as silly as thinking subsidy money is going to flow from secondary ag industries back to the producer.
    Lol , and what kind of economics are the liberals running ???????? Lol 😂. It’s called bleed the middle class to death by a thousand cuts , support a select corrupt part of society , and destroy any wealth creating industry that’s left.
    It’s working well .... lol Reply With Quote
    AllisWD45's Avatar Sep 17, 2019 | 07:30 8 In Yorkton Melville. The Conservative incumbent no idea who she is no public engagements knows she is in for sure. The NDP and Greens not a factor the PPC candidate seems a nice young man from near Saskatoon . He is a potash mine worker no clue about agriculture and to date the Liberals have no candidate.So not much to engage with we will have a back bench rider who we won't see until the next election. Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2019 | 07:32 9 dml, conservatism is not trickle down, it is self reliance and less govt intrusion. We know socialism is deadly because it requires an army to enforce it. Simple choice. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 17, 2019 | 07:39 10
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    dml, conservatism is not trickle down, it is self reliance and less govt intrusion. We know socialism is deadly because it requires an army to enforce it. Simple choice.
    And that’s exactly why the policies have failed agriculture. Can’t have it both ways say you don’t want govt at all and then say hey we need better trade deals, transportation plans, a way to deal with secondary businesses controlling primary producers. There is no agristability because the Sask party didn’t want to pay their share of any payout. Which is beyond stupid. How do you think Quebec gets money they use their heads. Any provincial money going to a farmer goes directly back tor he community and government. Getting the feds to give some and saying no thanks is beyond dumb. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 17, 2019 | 07:40 11
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    dml, conservatism is not trickle down, it is self reliance and less govt intrusion. We know socialism is deadly because it requires an army to enforce it. Simple choice.
    Exactly, it’s only trickle down if you are too lazy to work for yourself and rely on other to do the work Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2019 | 08:43 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    dml, conservatism is not trickle down, it is self reliance and less govt intrusion. We know socialism is deadly because it requires an army to enforce it. Simple choice.
    No, that is Libertarianism. Conservatism seeks to provide liberty, but not at the cost of social structure. Conservatives has no problem bailing out corporate Canada. 9.1 Billion by Conservative government to GM and Chrysler, 300 million by Conservative government to Pratt and Whitney, Billions of dolllars by Conservative government to government created "funds" like the Sustainability Funds, Innovation Funds, Venture Funds, and Billions to the oil and gas sector through direct investments and instruments like flow through shares. Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2019 | 08:57 13 Awe politics,the luxury of living in alta is you can do anything you like because it dosent matter ,the monkey on the fence post will win as long as he has a cpc banner on it. Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2019 | 20:22 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Awe politics,the luxury of living in alta is you can do anything you like because it dosent matter ,the monkey on the fence post will win as long as he has a cpc banner on it.
    But at least you got rid of the monkey after 4 long years Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2019 | 20:36 15
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    But at least you got rid of the monkey after 4 long years
    But at least you got rid of the monkey after 40 long years! Reply With Quote
    Sep 18, 2019 | 07:09 16
    Quote Originally Posted by AllisWD45 View Post
    In Yorkton Melville. The Conservative incumbent no idea who she is no public engagements knows she is in for sure. The NDP and Greens not a factor the PPC candidate seems a nice young man from near Saskatoon . He is a potash mine worker no clue about agriculture and to date the Liberals have no candidate.So not much to engage with we will have a back bench rider who we won't see until the next election.
    Clearly you don't get off Agriville enough. Your MP is Cathay Waganthall. She gets out lots. I see her regularly and I don't get out that much myself. Most recently I saw her at the Yorkton Research Station tour. She's been to events in Buchanan - if she comes to our little two bit village which is full of old CCF supporters I can guarantee you she gets out A LOT.

    The problem with being a Conservative is you have to go round telling people there's no free lunch. Just in the last 30 minutes CTV has had Jughead and Skippy on telling me about all the free stuff they're going to give me. Skippy has made all the requisite Harper references and just ducked a question about whether his government would EVER balance a budget. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 18, 2019 | 07:27 17 All I have heard from my conservative candidate is " that is a good point" or " good question" or " that is a valid comment"

    Phrases meaning he knows nothing and will do nothing about the concerns I raised...he will be elected by default or basically acclamation....

    I remember asking my former MP about the fact that the exchange in Winnipeg wasn't being used ...he replied by saying " you should use it" UH HUH ....everyone in the industry..end users , graincos and farmers.... has to be using it to make it functional was my reply otherwise it can't work...and eventually WCE didn't exist....

    The market works in the states because all participants in the industry uses the exchange...Plus there are checks and balances like mandatory sales reports and the like to keep people wanting to participate...

    And if all else fails in the states the government will throw 30 billion dollars to make farmers keep producing to keep the market participants involved in the exchanges..

    It can't work in Canada because the components above do not exist... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 18, 2019 | 07:35 18
    Quote Originally Posted by bobofthenorth View Post
    Clearly you don't get off Agriville enough. Your MP is Cathay Waganthall. She gets out lots. I see her regularly and I don't get out that much myself. Most recently I saw her at the Yorkton Research Station tour. She's been to events in Buchanan - if she comes to our little two bit village which is full of old CCF supporters I can guarantee you she gets out A LOT.

    The problem with being a Conservative is you have to go round telling people there's no free lunch. Just in the last 30 minutes CTV has had Jughead and Skippy on telling me about all the free stuff they're going to give me. Skippy has made all the requisite Harper references and just ducked a question about whether his government would EVER balance a budget.
    Well not from there but I ve never heard of her before other than a friend that farms near Yorktown said did I ever hear the bag of hammers phrase regarding her knowledge of agriculture?

    The problem with conservatives is they pick and chose where they want to be conservative.

    If we want improvements to the ag programs are you saying they aren’t the party to vote for? Because they’ve been conservative with anything that meant assistance for farmers yet I hear on the radio every day mr cheer trying to keep up with truduea in spending money to buy votes.

    Same thing provincially neither of them are the voice or the supporters of ag in ag it’s do it on your own gov shouldn’t be involved yet they are heavily involved in other things. Reply With Quote
    Sep 18, 2019 | 07:51 19
    Quote Originally Posted by the big wheel View Post
    Well not from there but I ve never heard of her before other than a friend that farms near Yorktown said did I ever hear the bag of hammers phrase regarding her knowledge of agriculture?

    The problem with conservatives is they pick and chose where they want to be conservative.

    If we want improvements to the ag programs are you saying they aren’t the party to vote for? Because they’ve been conservative with anything that meant assistance for farmers yet I hear on the radio every day mr cheer trying to keep up with truduea in spending money to buy votes.

    Same thing provincially neither of them are the voice or the supporters of ag in ag it’s do it on your own gov shouldn’t be involved yet they are heavily involved in other things.

    They are heavily involved in finding board seats or an income stream along with with their gold-plated pension after they decide to retire ....they learnt that from from their mentor Brad Wall....

    Best is when they say they want to spend time with their family ....its a crock of shit ...Wall's family are adults or at a point where they don't want to spend time with him....and he's gone doing the board thing or creating some Buffalo Project...... Reply With Quote