• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vision and Leadership

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vision and Leadership

I don't know about you, but I am more than just a little frustrated by the tactics being taken by the premier over having to explain the spending of public money.

Isn't leadership supposed to step up to the plate and set an example for the rest of us? What is wrong with asking for an accurate accounting of what is being spent? How is he or the government different from anyone else who has an expense account and has to provide receipts to back up the expenses?

We are just to take his word? Oh puleeeez. Someone with nothing to hide, hides nothing.

Given all the mismanagement at other levels of government, how does he expect to be exempt from any kind of accountability?

I agree with you cakadu... there was no reason to grandstand on a issue like this when the politicians are using taxpayers money. A lot of people have looked up to Ralph to show leadership, including people from other provinces, even if he tossed the odd one back. It is looking to me it is time for someone else to take over as Ralph has been there long enough.

Comment

For him to say that "Ma and Pa" on the street don't care is totally out to lunch. We do care and we do want some accountability - at least I do. My hard earned dollars (and very hard earned these days) go towards helping to support the government and I want to know how it is being spent.

Welcome to OUR world Ralph!!!!

Comment

As most of you know I have never been a big Ralph fan! I frankly was totally disgusted with his arrogance! Why imagine...actually asking him to account for how he spent the people of Albertas money!!!
        The next thing you know he will be back abusing the bums! When in fact he isn't one iota better than the bums!
        Time to turf this little troll....although that won't happen...and we all know it!
        Alberta is one sick puppy...?

Comment

I think the current flap in the USA and UK about mistreatment of Iraqi prisoners is a real warning to politicians. If you insist on hiding the truth, you will finally be outted, and your hard work will be lost.

As to who is responsible for keeping this thought in front of the community, the politicians and the commercial enterprises, I believe it is the Church, first, and all of us. The church must be good for something. With the available organizational, educational and motivational skills of the Church put to proper use, we could make a huge difference in our rural communities.

http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/fiath_and_rural_economy

old karl

Comment

Karl: I don't think the "church" would get much support from the general public? I mean any religious based political party has pretty well failed miserably, at least in Canada? We live in a very secular society and no way do people want religion interfereing in their lives.
            Religious beliefs are best confined to our personal life. Live the way you believe in and don't worry too much about changing "the way of the world"!
            If the people of a country/province/state won't hold their elected leaders responsible by throwing them out, then why would they ever listen to a church?
            Torturing prisoners is just not acceptable to any civilized country and the people responsible should be tried as war criminals. The ends never justify the means? Because once you cross that line, how are you any better than the Nazi butcherers?

Comment

Sorry, cowman, I guess I didn't make myself clear. No one has to listen to the church. But if the church, or you, or anyone else has something valuable to say, most thinking people will listen. The trouble with political parties based on religion is that most of them think folks should listen to them because they are religious. Nuts to that.

People should listen only if there is some reason to believe what is said.
              old karl

Comment

Karl - on that note, is there anything being said by the federal politicians that is worth listening to? I for one get really tired of the negative campaigning.

I've been reading commentaries from a fellow who believes we shouldn't be afraid to ask our local politicos questions like "what if you're wrong?" An example would be the whole sponsorship fiasco - with the Liberals saying it will never happen again that people will be able to spend willy-nilly like that. Well, what if you're wrong?

Tell me what you can do for me that will make me listen, not what the other guy didn't do for me last time.

Sadly, there is just no real leadership anywhere at the moment. Makes deciding where to put one's "x" a fairly dismal task. Who is the lesser of all the evils out there?

Comment

Don't get me wrong Karl, I'm not anti-church and I do understand now what you were trying to say. Hey lets face it the "church"(not a building!) has been the conscience of humans and helped to keep them from becoming total animals? The basis of a truly Christian life is empathy for your fellow human being and that must be followed by action. This has to be an internal/spiritual thing and I doubt it even comes from the person! It really doesn't have anything to do at all with trying to whip the sinners into shape, but feeling empathy for that soul?
                  But I will state once again that churches are very valuable in that they provide charity and fellowship for those that need it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.