• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More drought pics

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More drought pics

Hopefully not pisssing you off first two my home state other nsw

Click image for larger version

Name:	BE8F888E-CC50-4877-832D-F474E54D6C0E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	778564

Name:	8CF927DE-E50F-4AB0-A45C-AFB0147839A8.jpg
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	778565

Name:	CA233EBB-6ACF-454F-BD54-9FFE0C0190B0.jpg
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	778566

Thats horrible
    If only we could share our rain, its like a curse here

Comment

That isn't good at all. Were now flooding again and crop quality is going downhill fast. Seen pictures on facebook last night grain sprouted in the head. Durum so far but other shit will start.

I would gladly share our rain.

Name:	ucsjuG75SHyZToLpxSGNxg.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	767752

Comment

I will post my patch tommorow

Comment

Mallee those pics look like our drought of 2002-3 which was really brutal. Fed pellets all summer to the cows and hauled hay and straw from 500 km away all winter since there was bugger all put up in our area. Wish I could send you the last 6 inches of rain as they haven’t benefited us at all.

After those dry years I will never complain about rain but sometimes the timing of it sure sucks. Hope you guys get what you need and that everyone is dealing with the stress ok. I know I’ve been getting stressed lately as I haven’t made much saleable hay and it’s been taking longer making the silage bales and the deteriorating crop is still a ways from coming off. Expenses are going up while time, money, and motivation are disappearing. I’ve been getting out and talking to a few friends lately which has helped as they’re in the same boat as us. It’s really eat into the family time and there’s still a couple of months of this “battle” to go through.

Hopefully everyone looks out for each other regardless of which end of the moisture “spectrum” we’re in. After all it’s the people that make this the best profession/ calling out there. We all know too many folks that have taken the “easy” way out of their problems and leave their family and friends to pick up the pieces after.

In the words of SKF “it’s only a crop”. Take care and hopefully everything works out for the best down under. 🍀

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...