• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up To Date Crop Ratings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up To Date Crop Ratings

Borrowing from Aussie lingo for crop ratings guess where this barley sample fresh from the field should go.
    Still standing, not in the swath. About 25% moisture

____Ripsnorter
    ____Cracker
    ____Yeah-Nah
    ____Crook
    ____Buggered

Click image for larger version

Name:	barley.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	778563

"pre-malted", you should get paid extra for that!

I apologize for the insensitive comment, things are pretty shitty.

Comment

It will still make good feed?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        It will still make good feed?
        I'm thinking it will be light weight once it drys down. We'll see. I hope

Comment

I am thinking our standing wht will also be in the shit category..

Comment

Can't imagine our swathed red spring wheat will be very good by the time we get to it. I wonder if I should price some feed wheat. Not much quantity risk, and quality...well let's just say it isn't a number one anymore! Time to look and see what's happening.

A guy has about 900 acres of swathed green peas still out here. Pods popping open, some sprouting and some really decent looking ones too...all in the same swath....but its soaked pretty bad, and black. Going to be very dusty when they're combined.

Comment

Neighbors cutting canola that was blooming 2 weeks ago..
              Holy Green Balls...

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                Neighbors cutting canola that was blooming 2 weeks ago..
                Holy Green Balls...
                Same here unless they’re silaging there won’t be f all in that swath. I m sorry yes I stopped and opened a pod and it was complete water seeds. Thought maybe I was stupid for not doing mine but I need a week to 10 days yet. Yes it may freeze but this is the same as a frost for that field. Only thing I can figure is he s already in a claim so f it just get it off.

Comment

It don’t mean nothin’ till it’s in a bin .......... better yet someone else’s bin and a cheque (hopefully a good one) in your hand. Been burned so many times in the past three years of counting the proverbial chickens that I’ve come to think this way. Especially as it rained today (again) and three more days of it expected this next week.

Good luck Y’all 🍀

Cool harvest moon out tonight. Just wish I was out in the Massey to take it in instead of the gator in the mud checking cows “n” crops.

Comment

Severely sprouted CWRS tolerances

#1; .1%
                    #2; .2%
                    #3; .3%

That's not much.

Comment

Name:	Screenshot_20190914-063213.jpg
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	767750

Name:	Screenshot_20190914-063122.jpg
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	767751

Make yourself familiar

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                        Same here unless they’re silaging there won’t be f all in that swath. I m sorry yes I stopped and opened a pod and it was complete water seeds. Thought maybe I was stupid for not doing mine but I need a week to 10 days yet. Yes it may freeze but this is the same as a frost for that field. Only thing I can figure is he s already in a claim so f it just get it off.
                        I don't get it either. Guys are swathing canola all around me that I think is too green. I straight cut all mine but if I were to swath it definitely is not ready by what what I checked. Yes swathing to early is just like a frost. Why grow something and kill it before it is mature?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                          Wheat grading in Sask is bizarre !
                          Ah, that would be CGC grading.
                          Check your falling numbers.
                          The HRS may not make leaven bread but it might make biscuits and cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                            I don't get it either. Guys are swathing canola all around me that I think is too green. I straight cut all mine but if I were to swath it definitely is not ready by what what I checked. Yes swathing to early is just like a frost. Why grow something and kill it before it is mature?
                            Guys I just think are looking at the calendar and it is a worry. Two weeks curing takes them to nearly October. Many just aren’t used to the o word.

Comment

We tried canola yesterday around 5pm, this canola been swathed for 3 weeks and was dry on saturday but we were doing wheat.
                              It tested 19 , and that was after about 4/10 rain/drizzel over the 3 day rain. so not a lot of rain compared to many areas but it was soggy for 72hrs or so.
                              Canola was perfect, zero green and of course big plump seed at 19mt lol.
                              will be a day or two yet even with return to sun.
                              wheat tried in the area was somewhere over 25

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.