Up To Date Crop Ratings

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Up To Date Crop Ratings

Sep 13, 2019 | 19:29 1 Borrowing from Aussie lingo for crop ratings guess where this barley sample fresh from the field should go.
Still standing, not in the swath. About 25% moisture

____Ripsnorter
____Cracker
____Yeah-Nah
____Crook
____Buggered

Name:  barley.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  104.2 KB Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Sep 13, 2019 | 19:32 2 "pre-malted", you should get paid extra for that!

I apologize for the insensitive comment, things are pretty shitty. Reply With Quote
Partners's Avatar Sep 13, 2019 | 20:24 3 It will still make good feed? Reply With Quote
Sep 13, 2019 | 20:38 4
Quote Originally Posted by Partners View Post
It will still make good feed?
I'm thinking it will be light weight once it drys down. We'll see. I hope Reply With Quote
Partners's Avatar Sep 13, 2019 | 20:42 5 I am thinking our standing wht will also be in the shit category.. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Sep 13, 2019 | 20:44 6 Can't imagine our swathed red spring wheat will be very good by the time we get to it. I wonder if I should price some feed wheat. Not much quantity risk, and quality...well let's just say it isn't a number one anymore! Time to look and see what's happening.

A guy has about 900 acres of swathed green peas still out here. Pods popping open, some sprouting and some really decent looking ones too...all in the same swath....but its soaked pretty bad, and black. Going to be very dusty when they're combined. Reply With Quote
Partners's Avatar Sep 13, 2019 | 21:02 7 Neighbors cutting canola that was blooming 2 weeks ago..
Holy Green Balls... Reply With Quote
Sep 13, 2019 | 21:07 8
Quote Originally Posted by Partners View Post
Neighbors cutting canola that was blooming 2 weeks ago..
Holy Green Balls...
Same here unless they’re silaging there won’t be f all in that swath. I m sorry yes I stopped and opened a pod and it was complete water seeds. Thought maybe I was stupid for not doing mine but I need a week to 10 days yet. Yes it may freeze but this is the same as a frost for that field. Only thing I can figure is he s already in a claim so f it just get it off. Reply With Quote
Sep 13, 2019 | 21:53 9 It don’t mean nothin’ till it’s in a bin .......... better yet someone else’s bin and a cheque (hopefully a good one) in your hand. Been burned so many times in the past three years of counting the proverbial chickens that I’ve come to think this way. Especially as it rained today (again) and three more days of it expected this next week.

Good luck Y’all 🍀

Cool harvest moon out tonight. Just wish I was out in the Massey to take it in instead of the gator in the mud checking cows “n” crops. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Sep 14, 2019 | 06:24 10 Severely sprouted CWRS tolerances

#1; .1%
#2; .2%
#3; .3%

That's not much. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar Sep 14, 2019 | 06:34 11 Name:  Screenshot_20190914-063213.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  14.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20190914-063122.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  18.7 KB

Make yourself familiar Reply With Quote
Sep 14, 2019 | 06:56 12
Quote Originally Posted by the big wheel View Post
Same here unless they’re silaging there won’t be f all in that swath. I m sorry yes I stopped and opened a pod and it was complete water seeds. Thought maybe I was stupid for not doing mine but I need a week to 10 days yet. Yes it may freeze but this is the same as a frost for that field. Only thing I can figure is he s already in a claim so f it just get it off.
I don't get it either. Guys are swathing canola all around me that I think is too green. I straight cut all mine but if I were to swath it definitely is not ready by what what I checked. Yes swathing to early is just like a frost. Why grow something and kill it before it is mature? Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• farmaholic's Avatar Sep 14, 2019 | 07:38 13
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    Wheat grading in Sask is bizarre !
    Ah, that would be CGC grading.
    Check your falling numbers.
    The HRS may not make leaven bread but it might make biscuits and cookies. Reply With Quote
    Sep 14, 2019 | 08:02 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterjade9 View Post
    I don't get it either. Guys are swathing canola all around me that I think is too green. I straight cut all mine but if I were to swath it definitely is not ready by what what I checked. Yes swathing to early is just like a frost. Why grow something and kill it before it is mature?
    Guys I just think are looking at the calendar and it is a worry. Two weeks curing takes them to nearly October. Many just aren’t used to the o word. Reply With Quote
    Sep 14, 2019 | 08:40 15 We tried canola yesterday around 5pm, this canola been swathed for 3 weeks and was dry on saturday but we were doing wheat.
    It tested 19 , and that was after about 4/10 rain/drizzel over the 3 day rain. so not a lot of rain compared to many areas but it was soggy for 72hrs or so.
    Canola was perfect, zero green and of course big plump seed at 19mt lol.
    will be a day or two yet even with return to sun.
    wheat tried in the area was somewhere over 25 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Partners's Avatar Sep 14, 2019 | 08:57 16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Guys I just think are looking at the calendar and it is a worry. Two weeks curing takes them to nearly October. Many just aren’t used to the o word.
    It's so green it will take a month min..
    Must be their reason.. Reply With Quote
    Sep 14, 2019 | 08:58 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Guys I just think are looking at the calendar and it is a worry. Two weeks curing takes them to nearly October. Many just aren’t used to the o word.
    Exactly ....how can they post on their twitter they are done ...some guys have never combined in October....its going to be a shitshow for guys....

New combines will be wrecked....because it has to get done.... Reply With Quote
    Sep 14, 2019 | 10:33 18 Shit , we have combined lots here in november, once in december, as a rule not much in sept Reply With Quote

• fjlip's Avatar Sep 14, 2019 | 11:07 19 And where some immigrated from, Ukraine half done seeding FALL crops! Probably their harvest done except CORN. Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Sep 14, 2019 | 11:59 20 Our wheat is sprouting in swaths. I doubt standing wheat is sprouting.
    Checked a few "misses" in our straight cut fields and couldn't see any sprouted.
    Sucks to be me. Reply With Quote
    Sep 14, 2019 | 12:05 21 Standing is sprouted too. Before the last rain, our durum was already 3% Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Sep 14, 2019 | 12:11 22
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylate View Post
    Standing is sprouted too. Before the last rain, our durum was already 3%
    Sucks to be you too then? Reply With Quote
    biglentil's Avatar Sep 14, 2019 | 12:35 23 Not seeing any sprouting in our standing durum. Not to say the graincos won't find sprouting including in the stuff taken off before the rain. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• farmaholic's Avatar Sep 14, 2019 | 13:19 24 I heard Sandhill cranes after lunch today.

Yikes! Reply With Quote
    Sep 14, 2019 | 20:46 25
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    I heard Sandhill cranes after lunch today.

Yikes!
    Maybe that was the ones that flew over 3 days ago. Don’t worry hardly any ducks or geese here yet. Reply With Quote
    Sep 14, 2019 | 20:59 26 There have been cranes here for over three weeks...small groups Reply With Quote
    Sep 14, 2019 | 22:31 27 Reports of sprouted durum north of the valley.

Driving around tonight there was a certain rotten stench in the air. Dirt roads still impassable SE of Regina Reply With Quote
    Sep 14, 2019 | 22:47 28 They will most definitely find sprouts and mildew after this last rain. Buyers told me to keep it separate because looking at it it may look ok but when they put the X-ray goggles on they will find it. ****ers Reply With Quote
    Sep 15, 2019 | 00:51 29
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    I heard Sandhill cranes after lunch today.

Yikes!
    Thought I was seeing a flock of Whooping cranes flying over today, till I pulled out a pair of binoculars. Turned out to be a flock of pelicans. I didn't know they fly in circles like cranes do.(atleast they were today) Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2019 | 09:33 30 Funny , not a word about this either
    South Dakota ... Reply With Quote