• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leader experience

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leader experience

This forum has made a big deal of Trudeau real world work experience being limited to being a drama teacher so I am really hoping to find out more about Scheer's real world work experience. Unfortunately after a lot of searching all I can find is that he worked as a waiter while in school and then according to Insurance Business magazine: "The current leader of the Conservative Party of Canada knows a thing or two about the insurance business. Federal Opposition leader and MP Andrew James Scheer has admitted he once helped sell policies for a friend."

"helped sell policies for a friend" is not really a ringing endorsement of his role as a insurance broker especially coming from the insurance industry itself. And judging by his political timeline, I wonder how long he actually sold policies. Can anyone answer as to who he worked for selling insurance policies and for how long he had this job?
    Last edited by dmlfarmer; Sep 13, 2019, 14:41.

We are voting for an adult this time, not somebody that works in a coal mine. Sheer has the brains to compile the best of his caucus for cabinet. There are strong people back there who were in harpers govt and now in opposition. Much muc stronger and capable women than anyone in the LPC. They will carry the weight if you think Sheer is lacking.

Skippy in the other hand promoted dead weight into roles they were never qualified for and left his talent on the back bench because he is a virtue signalling fool.

Watch some question period and you will see the difference right away.

Comment

Then ask, why people who are qualified, and have actual extensive hands on experience in business, finance, management etc. aren't running, or at least aren't promoted to positions where they could be effective?

Then ask if you would want your kids, wife, mother etc. seeing cartoon and meme's making fun of yourself constantly, have your entire private and public life under intense scrutiny looking for the tiniest misstep, get paid much less than the private sector, give up your private sector business or job and lay it all on the line for a contest for which there is no prize for second place, and no guarantee of an extension to the contract.

Seems to me that we have designed( or evolved) a system that attracts the type that we are being presented with right now.

As much as I despise everything that Trudeau stands for and represents, as a person, I feel very sorry for him, he still has to go home and face his wife and kids every day after all of the public humiliations he may have faced. At least with any other job, work stays at work, more or less.

Comment

All I asked was for more information on Scheer's work in insurance because details are so vague. I think it is a fair question to ask of someone asking to be hired for the most powerful position in Canadian politics.

I think of all the ads last election saying Trudeau is not ready and everyone claiming he is just a drama teacher. (In fact has BSC in Literature and a BSC in Education and taught not only drama but math, social studies, French and English in BC high schools before going back to school and taking 2 years of engineering studies. and spending 4 years as CEO of Kamavik before entering politics.) So I am just want to know what experience Scheer has outside politics

I have looked at the real world work experience of the other candidates. For example Singh has a BSC in Biology and a law degree and worked as a criminal defence lawyer before politics and Bernier has a BSC in Commerce and a Law Degree and worked for 19 years in law firms and then banking industry before politics.

Comment

I agree with concern over real world experience. I despise Trudeau and I hope Scheer wins, but I can’t believe he is the best candidate the conservatives have.

Of course I want someone who I agree with philosophically but I don’t think it is too much to ask for experience. I want someone who has negotiated a business deal (beyond the purchase of their home.) Someone who has met a payroll, hired a lawyer via a retainer, personally fired somebody etc. They are running the country, they need to be smart and have experience

Comment

Scheer knows shit....he is a puppet....but might be a better one than Trudeau...

Comment

All we need Sheer to do is get the country out of reverse and into neutral. There is no room for big ideas until the mess gets cleaned up again.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                All I asked was for more information on Scheer's work in insurance because details are so vague. I think it is a fair question to ask of someone asking to be hired for the most powerful position in Canadian politics.

I think of all the ads last election saying Trudeau is not ready and everyone claiming he is just a drama teacher. (In fact has BSC in Literature and a BSC in Education and taught not only drama but math, social studies, French and English in BC high schools before going back to school and taking 2 years of engineering studies. and spending 4 years as CEO of Kamavik before entering politics.) So I am just want to know what experience Scheer has outside politics

I have looked at the real world work experience of the other candidates. For example Singh has a BSC in Biology and a law degree and worked as a criminal defence lawyer before politics and Bernier has a BSC in Commerce and a Law Degree and worked for 19 years in law firms and then banking industry before politics.
                I would be ashamed if I was the daycare that gave turdeau a bsc

Comment

Bought all the extra letters, or big shots are GIVEN degrees!

Comment

All good points, but CEO of Kamavik?;
                    Boy I'm breaking a sweat just thinking about that one lol.

Comment

A big difference between the liberal leader and Andrew Scheer is, one has a sense of entitlement and the other appears to understand the concept of common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        Then ask, why people who are qualified, and have actual extensive hands on experience in business, finance, management etc. aren't running, or at least aren't promoted to positions where they could be effective?

Then ask if you would want your kids, wife, mother etc. seeing cartoon and meme's making fun of yourself constantly, have your entire private and public life under intense scrutiny looking for the tiniest misstep, get paid much less than the private sector, give up your private sector business or job and lay it all on the line for a contest for which there is no prize for second place, and no guarantee of an extension to the contract.

Seems to me that we have designed( or evolved) a system that attracts the type that we are being presented with right now.

As much as I despise everything that Trudeau stands for and represents, as a person, I feel very sorry for him, he still has to go home and face his wife and kids every day after all of the public humiliations he may have faced. At least with any other job, work stays at work, more or less.
                        Why in the world would anyone fee sorry for truduea? He was born into wealth that he can’t help but he chose to be in politics. When you pick that career there is always criticism it comes with the job. If your ineffective, crooked or dumb you get more than others. That’s when you either have to have thick skin or pack it in.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          He brings it on himself, I have no sympathy for the inept moron. I might be able to muster a thimbleful of sympathy for his family though!

The difference between the two major party leaders?
                          Trudeau has proven his ineptness in spades
                          Sheer hasn't been given his chance yet, how could he possibly be worse?

I despise the current P.M. so much I almost have to look away when he is on TV and the sound of his stammering voice is more annoying than nails on a chalk board.

How can someone be so delusional that they think he's done a good job? Himself included! What an entitled, arrogant, delusional, stammering, bawlbaby, .....anything but a diplomatic honorable statesman.

Canada deserves better!
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 13, 2019, 21:13.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                            Bought all the extra letters, or big shots are GIVEN degrees!
                            Just because you have more degrees than a thermometer doesn't mean you are clever or even remotely intelligent in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                              Just because you have more degrees than a thermometer doesn't mean you are clever or even remotely intelligent in the real world.
                              So true. I have a relative who has a masters degree and not a lick of common sense. I know doctors and nurses who cannot perform 1rst aid. What do we want? A technocracy?
                              Last edited by littledoggie; Sep 15, 2019, 16:45.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.