• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My vote is for sale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My vote is for sale

To all federal political parties my vote is for sale. Any party that includes a subsidy to western Canadian grain producers in their party’s election platform will have my support! Our government needs to help grain farmers weather the trade war storm.

Originally posted by cuban_assassin View Post
    To all federal political parties my vote is for sale. Any party that includes a subsidy to western Canadian grain producers in their party’s election platform will have my support! Our government needs to help grain farmers weather the trade war storm.
    In my riding the conservative candidate will get in....could be a cardboard cutout of a monkey and it would get in....they do nothing for grasslands....absolutely nothing

Comment

Sorry dude, never going to happen. Can you imagine the price of G&O if the dollar went to par? Canola would be 7$

Comment

Seems to me the last time we had a par dollar ...grain prices were pretty good...

Comment

On our farm this trade war looks as though it’s gonna cost us about $60.00 per acre on canola and & 30.00 on wheat. We need the losses topped up by government.

Comment

Cuban, if you got any payment, fertilizer would go up $200/t over night and chemical would increase 25%

The vultures would pick that from you, and more, so quickly.

Comment

On our farm this trade war looks as though it’s gonna cost us about $60.00 per acre on canola and & 30.00 on wheat. We need the losses topped up by government.
              I am losing money on every bushel but still trying to make it up on volume.....lmao...

Comment

Not looking for no subsidy here , just fix the tariff issue , and quit lying about burdensome canola stocks . Price will fix its self .
                And get a federal ag minister who has a clue what’s going on , not someone who has a garden in their back yard from Quebec.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Not looking for no subsidy here , just fix the tariff issue , and quit lying about burdensome canola stocks . Price will fix its self .
                  And get a federal ag minister who has a clue what’s going on , not someone who has a garden in their back yard from Quebec.
                  James Cameron/ Verdient is getting subsidized so why shouldn't you?
                  AGT/ Fairfax got 117 million and so far they have moved one boat of grain out of churchill....you do the math...even at 10 times that volume...and when was the last time you bought a used piece of equipment and the government chipped in to fix it?????

Don't understand the middleman getting a subsidy but the primary producer that supplies the ingredients don't????

The province should be expecting the graincos to start up the dryers....and give them a credit to do so...

I can not justify setting up a dryer nor could I have it in place in time...considering it didn't rain for the first 80 percent of the growing season ....

Comment

My vote doesn't have to be bought but I sure don't want it taken for granted either!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      My vote doesn't have to be bought but I sure don't want it taken for granted either!
                      But it is....the conservatives fu cked primary producers pretty well and we condoned it... so the liberals continued to do so...

Comment

I am just making a wild guess here, but the candidate that promised farm subsidies, would not get much for votes other than from entitled farmers struggling to make their payments on multi million dollar iron and dirt that they were forced to borrow for with gun held at head.

Ain’t gunna work, cousin of Trudeau.

Like climate change folks, who believe there is apparently some pie in the sky ideal climate that should be stable, some folks in this commodities game think that commodities stay or should maintain a steady valuation. Prices go up and prices go down. Are we that shocked? Did we really think we could bank on 12 plus canola forever? Because in the past, as we all know so well, commodity prices were always stable and high enough to guarantee a living on a farm, right?

Yes, there are different reasons this time, self inflicted wounds caused by the boob in Ottawa, but did we plan our farms around forever high commodity values?

If so, I would argue that was not very good planning.

I could be wrong, but....

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                          I am just making a wild guess here, but the candidate that promised farm subsidies, would not get much for votes other than from entitled farmers struggling to make their payments on multi million dollar iron and dirt that they were forced to borrow for with gun held at head.

Like climate change folks, who believe there is apparently some pie in the sky ideal climate that should be stable, some folks in this commodities game think that commodities stay or should maintain a steady valuation. Prices go up and prices go down. Are we that shocked? Did we really think we could bank on 12 plus canola forever? Because in the past, as we all know so well, commodity prices were always stable and high enough to guarantee a living on a farm, right?

Yes, there are different reasons this time, self inflicted wounds caused by the boob in Ottawa, but did we plan our farms around forever high commodity values?

Entitled? Really? Few few are . Sorry things did not work out for you. Bad luck and weather can take down even the best laid plans . Don’t belittle everyone because of your misfortune. Most of us have been through very rough times. But right now the numbers don’t work even if you have all cheap land paid for and run all older used paid for equipment. Let’s just look at reality here .

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post

You can not take a price based on the american exchanges without proper exchange rates factored in and then not have the same top up the American farmer is getting....27 billionUSD and counting ...and think you are a competitive farmer...

Or compete against the FSU that has been building infrastructure while being handed our markets on a silver platter mostly due to the incompetence in Ottawa..

If your farm can compete against the US treasury ...good for you but it is the law of diminishing returns...

The market will sink lower and the US farmer will get another cheque from the US government...

Canadian farmers will get the poorer market prices and nothing....its stupid...

Could I be using 30 year old equipment ..yup and the repairs or parts could be adding up to the price of a newer one...because everyone is taking their pound of flesh...

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                              Cuban, if you got any payment, fertilizer would go up $200/t over night and chemical would increase 25%

The vultures would pick that from you, and more, so quickly.
                              Why would they go up these are prices for 11 to 12 canola not 9 canola they should have dropped input prices already. One thing I want is someone looking into price fixing going on.

It’s like telling someone on minimum wage gee we can’t give you a raise because then you’d never afford to live. Lmao.!

Which political party you work for beaver dam because I ve heard that bullshit from so many mla s.
                              Last edited by the big wheel; Sep 12, 2019, 10:47.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...